Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite of The Nine Divines?

• GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who clicks or has clicked Talos will have their account investigated by the Thalmor.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talos
    Anyone who clicks or has clicked Talos will have their account investigated by the Thalmor.

FOR ULFRIC AND SKYRIM!!!
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dibella
    Azurya wrote: »
    the divine nine are fake gods!

as ashlander just that way!

They aren’t Fake gods.. They are simply woefully inferior to the Daedra.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive always felt like the lore pushed the aedra to feel "lesser".

I mean if you think about it, the aedra (or Divines) are literally the planets floating around mundus. They gave their lives for Nirn making those planets like, their corpses. So they dont hold as much power as say the Daedra who refused to give their power for Lorkhan's creation and thus i'd assume retained their power and thus more powerful than the aedra.

With that being said, Talos isnt a divine. not to sound thalmorishly posh but Talos is like, 3 people that mantled each other or some entirely too convoluted storyline and its just not like this one awesome emperor of tamriel that would have made him more cool in my opinion.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talos
    Rickter wrote: »

I mean if you think about it, the aedra (or Divines) are literally the planets floating around mundus. They gave their lives for Nirn making those planets like, their corpses. So they dont hold as much power as say the Daedra who refused to give their power for Lorkhan's creation and thus i'd assume retained their power and thus more powerful than the aedra.

With that being said, Talos isnt a divine. not to sound thalmorishly posh but Talos is like, 3 people that mantled each other or some entirely too convoluted storyline and its just not like this one awesome emperor of tamriel that would have made him more cool in my opinion.

The knights of the 9 and the oblivion questline would LOVE to disagree with you
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arkay
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!

We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you."

Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people!

So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!

For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit both the heavens and the earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment!

And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!

Trust in me, Whiterun! Trust in Heimskr! For I am the chosen of Talos! I alone have been anointed by the Ninth to spread his holy word

I loved killing that npc way too much lol
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talos
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! Talos the unassailable! To you we give praise!

We are but maggots, writhing in the filth of our own corruption! While you have ascended from the dung of mortality, and now walk among the stars!

But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you."

Aye, love. Love! Even as man, great Talos cherished us. For he saw in us, in each of us, the future of Skyrim! The future of Tamriel!

And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is the true god of man! Ascended from flesh, to rule the realm of spirit!

The very idea is inconceivable to our Elven overlords! Sharing the heavens with us? With man? Ha! They can barely tolerate our presence on earth!

Today, they take away your faith. But what of tomorrow? What then? Do the elves take your homes? Your businesses? Your children? Your very lives?

And what does the Empire do? Nothing! Nay, worse than nothing! The Imperial machine enforces the will of the Thalmor! Against its own people!

So rise up! Rise up, children of the Empire! Rise up, Stormcloaks! Embrace the word of mighty Talos, he who is both man and Divine!

For we are the children of man! And we shall inherit both the heavens and the earth! And we, not the Elves or their toadies, will rule Skyrim! Forever!

Terrible and powerful Talos! We, your unworthy servants, give praise! For only through your grace and benevolence may we truly reach enlightenment!

And deserve our praise you do, for we are one! Ere you ascended and the Eight became Nine, you walked among us, great Talos, not as god, but as man!

Trust in me, Whiterun! Trust in Heimskr! For I am the chosen of Talos! I alone have been anointed by the Ninth to spread his holy word

I loved killing that npc way too much lol

TALOS SMITE YOU!!!! jk, he does get annoying at times, I can see why you would. However, his sermon is stuck in my head so I cannot kill him....
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kynareth
    Rickter wrote: »

That's making the further assumption that all the et'Ada were the same power level to begin with though. They might not have been.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Arrille
    Arrille
    ✭✭
    Zenithar
    Zenithar, the God of Work and Commerce, the Provider of our Ease. His priests teach that the path to peace and prosperity is through earnest work and honest profit, not through war, bloodshed, or theft. <3File:OB-Window-Zenithar.jpg
    "Welcome to Arrille's Tradehouse. I barter for goods or coin. I also have a small selection of spells for sale. No credit. You want a little advice? That's free. That's ALL that's free. Would you like to hear about our most popular potions? Our most popular scrolls?"