The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Countess personality /tilt emote bugged since the scholar personality came to crownstore

Miaura
Miaura
✭✭✭
Instead of the /tilt = looking at mirror, my countess personality now does the scholar personality basic /idle= write notes. I do not own the scholar personality.

Have beeen using the "idle animations" mod wich used to play the countess personality emotes correctly ; the bug still happens when the addon is unabled, and the problem started after the scholar was introduced to the store, so I suspect the addon is not the culprit.
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Have the same problem...
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's interesting! I have both personalities (snatched both up as soon as they were released), and using /tilt on my Countess character shows the correct hand mirror animation. I've been making good use of it while waiting for the Kvatch Arena to start.

@Aethereal'Golden , are you using any addons that affect animation? The OP was when they reported this back in June, though they did say that the issue persisted even after disabling it...
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    @opaj, oh, yes. I used "сustom idle animation"... well, now I see. Glad that "idle animation", mentioned by @Miaura, helped :)
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aethereal'Golden Did removing "custom idle animation" fix the issue? I had my eye on that one, so it'd be good to know if I should avoid it. :)
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    @opaj, yes removing helped. However, I needed 'tilt' emote with mirror in just one specfic case, and I still really like "custom idle animation" for it's versatility. "Tilt" issue was the only one I noticed, so... I suggest you to try "cia" too, it is almost fine :)
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aethereal'Golden Thanks for the confirmation. I was perhaps speaking too strongly when I said "I should avoid it." I checked and it seems that the addon author is already aware of the bug and can't do anything about it due to API limitations, so I'll have to decide how important it is to preen and look in the mirror.