The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Another storage chest bug?

Aurie
Aurie
✭✭✭✭✭

I have all eight storage chests, and have placed them in some of my houses. Some of them have contents and some don't. The strange thing is that when I log in, I cannot access the contents of any of the chests without opening them....there is nothing in my housing editor apart from stuff that I have in my inventory. BUT, as soon as I retrieve one item from a chest and it goes into my inventory, the entire contents of that chest are then available in my housing editor. Then after I log out it's back to square one, the same thing happens every time.

Does anyone else find this?
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting... it sounds like a bug... but might not be the bug you think.

The 'Home Storage' is not a 'Bank' extension... so items are not supposed to be available to all characters at all times they way the are when in your bank.

Home Storage 'Appears' to have been implemented like 'Personal Inventory' to replace Mule characters.

Which would imply you should 'Only' be able to access the inventory when you are accessing that specific storage box, and as soon as you 'close' the box the items should no longer be accessible.

In your case did you still have access to 'furniture' or something after you closed a box?

If so, based on what I have seen of the implementation, I would think the bug is that you had access at all after the box was closed.

NOTE:

This my not be the implementation you wanted... but it is the implementation some players wanted.

I for one want this kind of implementation so I can store items long term without accidently 'deconstructing' them while doing daily crafting activities.

I must have deconstructed 10 pcs of training armor by accident over the last 8 months because I forgot to move it out of my bank and onto my mule character.
    Edited by Woefulmonkey on March 5, 2018 11:49PM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this happens to all my characters, for the last couple of days.

I log in.

There is no furniture etc in the Housing Editor (except for account-wide pets, mounts, services etc and anything that is in the character's personal inventory).

I open a storage chest and remove one (or more, but it only needs one) item from it to my inventory. I close the chest. The entire contents of that chest are now displayed in the Housing Editor. Same goes for the other chests, which all have only furnishing type items in them as I don't store anything else..

I log out.

Next time I log in, the contents of the chest(s) are no longer available in the Housing Editor (with the exception of account-wide pets, mounts, services etc and anything that is in my character's personal inventory....plus the item(s) I removed from the chest(s) last time I was logged in).

Well, I like very much having the furnishing items in my storage chests available for instant decorative use in the Housing Editor without having to remove them first, as I'm sure every home decorator here will agree. And I assume that suddenly not having access to chest contents via the Housing Editor (until the above manoeuvre is performed at each login) is a bug.

If so I'd be really grateful if ZOS fixed it.

I hope this explanation is clearer than my OP.

Edited by Aurie on March 6, 2018 2:36AM
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah... that definitely does not sound right/consistent.

However, be prepared for the 'fix' to be that you don't get access to the chest when it is closed.

It would be nice if you could have access to chest contents from your house for things like furniture and craft items... but I don't think that is ESO intent.

To be clear I don't know what their intent is and have no special knowledge there... it just does not seem like it matches the rest of the functionality they are providing with Chests.

I have definitely see other bugs like an error message that pops up any time I access a chest then emidiatally follow that by accessing a bank or merchant service.

I have not notice any 'lost' items or other behavior but the popup is persistent when it occurs and it is annoying to have to repeatedly close it after each time a look at an item, once the issue starts.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Yes, this happens to all my characters, for the last couple of days.

I log in.

There is no furniture etc in the Housing Editor (except for account-wide pets, mounts, services etc and anything that is in the character's personal inventory).

I open a storage chest and remove one (or more, but it only needs one) item from it to my inventory. I close the chest. The entire contents of that chest are now displayed in the Housing Editor. Same goes for the other chests, which all have only furnishing type items in them as I don't store anything else..

I log out.

Next time I log in, the contents of the chest(s) are no longer available in the Housing Editor (with the exception of account-wide pets, mounts, services etc and anything that is in my character's personal inventory....plus the item(s) I removed from the chest(s) last time I was logged in).

Well, I like very much having the furnishing items in my storage chests available for instant decorative use in the Housing Editor without having to remove them first, as I'm sure every home decorator here will agree. And I assume that suddenly not having access to chest contents via the Housing Editor (until the above manoeuvre is performed at each login) is a bug.

If so I'd be really grateful if ZOS fixed it.

I hope this explanation is clearer than my OP.

Actually, the bug is exactly the opposite. Items in your storage are not supposed to be available outside the box, like for instance at a bank.

So that you can't place furnishing items directly from your storage box into your house is NOT a bug, it's working as intended. If you can grab an item from your box, and then suddenly the rest of the items are available to be placed in a house directly, then THAT'S the bug.

I mean, I decorate a lot myself and I can definitely see the benefits of this glitch, but if it's going to get bugfixed, then it's going to be fixed so you can't directly place items from your storage box into your house, even if you grabbed an item from it first.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.....if that is the case (and I suspect you are right and it probably is), then I do hope ZOS take their time getting around to fixing it, as they normally do with most bugs. If they forget about it, that would be even better!