Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any thoughts on a sorcerer healer build?

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is my first healer build I just threw together for sorc, so let me know if theres any easy ways to improve it. some of the skills can be swapped for different situations of course, the most obvious of those i put on the 3rd bar in the build planner.

Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do think you need healing ward? I am just making sure here. I can see good for squishy tanks, but that's about it.

Putting purge in third bar is interesting, but do think you can react in time when you need to use it?

Using resto ulimate is hmm. On ulimate you might like shotting star ( similar to desto ulimate) or barrair for ultimate generation. I will bring up storm annotach has major beserk.
    Edited by Tasear on March 6, 2018 3:06AM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3rd bar is just to show skills I swap in and out as needed. I heard purge was required in some newer dungeons if you don't have some templar skill or other (kinda dumb when not every class has access to a purge outside of pvp) so I included it. I might swap healing ward for harness magicka or something.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harness Magicka ...why when you have well...sorc ward
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can use this to take some inspiration. It's written in a way where you can learn a lot.

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/dark-priestess-pug-proof/
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm looking at this more swap purge slot for orbs. And move orbs up to first bar to replace healing ward as will get healing increase from resto staff passive by 5%.
    Edited by Tasear on March 6, 2018 3:25AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget to join sorc healer discussion here. As talk shop on all things what makes us awesome. o:)
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Storm Atronach is very strong... that bezerk is insane.
    I think you are just mostly ignoring the sorcs strengths and using weapon skills.

Bar 1: Empowered Ward, Healing springs/mutagen, Combat Prayer, Inner Light, Twilight matriarch, Storm atronach/Warhorn

Bar 2: Restraining Prison, Liquid Lightning, Wall of lightning, Elemental drain, Twilight Matriarch, Overload.

Bar 3: Sanguine Altar, Dark Conversion, Energy Orb, Boundless Storm, Twilight Matriarch, Overload.

I don't have a masters staff so I use mutagen, healing springs is better if you do. I am not 100% sure Warhorn is actually better than Storm atronach... Major bezerk is a ton of damage.

Perhaps I am greedy with my bar space but I find that back bar configuration so smooth at clearing trash.. and prison triggers the minor prophecy for the group passive.

Then the third bar is for when you run out of resources. Plus Altar is a nice heal over time for the group that you otherwise lack. You slot purge only if you need it.. its a so much magicka but I guess if you are a nerco user....
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does Storm Atronarch grant major berzerk even if people DONT activate the synergy? becuase warhorn grants its buff to everyone in range when used I believe.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Does Storm Atronarch grant major berzerk even if people DONT activate the synergy? becuase warhorn grants its buff to everyone in range when used I believe.

No but many cases in four man dungeons you will find better results. Of course both are just depends.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For dungeons, I've been running a sorc healer and actually recently got the Scalecaller skin with her. What I run is:
    5 Spell Power Cure (4 body 1 resto 1 destro) and 5 Jorvald's (3 Jewelry 2 body) with a domihaus shoulder.
    Front bar (powered resto): Healing Springs, Twilight Matriarch, Mutagen, Combat Prayer, Inner Light, Light's Champion
    Back bar (destro): Healy Orbs (forgot name), Twilight Matriarch, Efficient purge OR Hardened Ward, Inner Light, Aggresive Warhorn.
    I run mutagen cuz it helps with keeping SPC up on dps who move around a lot. Various dungeons, mainly the newer ones, have mechanics that require the dps to be on their feet, so giving them that added dps boost helps.
    I have mending and worm as well, but due to the sheer boost of buffs you give with Jorvulds, it's better. Combat prayer doesn't have to reapplied so much, and aggresive warhorn lasts a lot longer, giving the DPS more deeps.
    For CP, you'll want about 60 into blessed for increased healing done. For the rest, divide how you feel is meeded.
    This build's more so for running with people you're familiar with vs pugs. Thou
    Edited by WuffyCerulei on March 6, 2018 10:21AM
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dungeons, I've been running a sorc healer and actually recently got the Scalecaller skin with her. What I run is:
    5 Spell Power Cure (4 body 1 resto 1 destro) and 5 Jorvald's (3 Jewelry 2 body) with a domihaus shoulder.
    Front bar (powered resto): Healing Springs, Twilight Matriarch, Mutagen, Combat Prayer, Inner Light, Light's Champion
    Back bar (destro): Healy Orbs (forgot name), Twilight Matriarch, Efficient purge OR Hardened Ward, Inner Light, Aggresive Warhorn.
    I run mutagen cuz it helps with keeping SPC up on dps who move around a lot. Various dungeons, mainly the newer ones, have mechanics that require the dps to be on their feet, so giving them that added dps boost helps.
    I have mending and worm as well, but due to the sheer boost of buffs you give with Jorvulds, it's better. Combat prayer doesn't have to reapplied so much, and aggresive warhorn lasts a lot longer, giving the DPS more deeps.
    For CP, you'll want about 60 into blessed for increased healing done. For the rest, divide how you feel is meeded.

Wait 60 into blessed... you need to look at

https://alcasthq.com/eso-championpoints-jumppoints/

Btw it's interesting not seeing healing springs. How do you feel about be it...or say what made you decide go without.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tasear has done alot of work in this area, I learnt loads from.his build.

I massively prefer Sorc Healing to Templar, just too many advantages for how I play / support.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    @Tasear has done alot of work in this area, I learnt loads from.his build.

I massively prefer Sorc Healing to Templar, just too many advantages for how I play / support.

Thanks, much appreciated. Though to say ...
    Tasear is not male >.>
    Edited by Tasear on March 6, 2018 1:29PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Btw it's interesting not seeing healing springs. How do you feel about be it...or say what made you decide go without.

I just prefer 60. Idk, I like having the allocated CP end in either 0 or 5.

And I did list healing springs! Essential for various mechanics, especially if the group is stacked.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just prefer 60. Idk, I like having the allocated CP end in either 0 or 5.

And I did list healing springs! Essential for various mechanics, especially if the group is stacked.

Guess so, but system only counts to nearest whole number.

Also my bad... I seemed to overlooked it be before Maybe... should put on glasses. :cold_sweat:
    Edited by Tasear on March 6, 2018 1:28PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like atronarch may be better for premades of people you know are good/decent but warhorn is better for pugs.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    General advice:
    Be sure to run at least 1.5K magicka recovery, and do heavy attacks with your staves to stay at full magicka when not under pressure. Resto gives Major Mending (+25% healing done) and also heals a nearby target. Keep at leas one heal over time ability ticking on everyone at any given time (especially important if you run SPC). Also keep Elemental Drain up on the biggest enemies and throw orbs at people at least every 15s. Try to stack behind the DDs and tank if possible and buff all with Combat Prayer every 8s and keep Blockade of Lightning up for the off-balance, especially if you are running with stamina DDs or magicka ones that run flame staves (ex. Mag NB).

Use a healing staff on your front bar and:
    - Combat Prayer: offensive/defensive buff & directional burst heal
    - Healing Ward/Ward Ally: another good heal over time that prevents people from taking damage
    - Mutagen: good heal over time, with the option of a burst heal & purge in case health drops low or Healing Springs if people stack

Use a lightning staff on the back bar:
    - Elemental Blockade: gives the group off-balance, boosting their damage
    - Elemental Drain: resistance debuff and magicka recovery when attacking the target
    - Energy Orb: another heal over time, and people can pop those every 15s for instant resource recovery

Ultimates:
    - Aggressive Horn: the main one you should be using to buff the group
    - Replenishing/Reviving Barrier: more of an emergency ultimate, to keep people alive, good for the magicka recovery if slotted
    and situational ones:
    - Absorption Field: suppresses some enemies and adds heal over time for enemies in the area
    - Greater Storm Atronach: does good damage and buffs other players with Major Berserk (+25% damage done for 8s)

Optional skills:
    - Twilight Matriarch: another burst heal
    - Empowered Ward: gives the group +10% magicka recovery
    - Efficient Purge: can be good in some situations where you have a lot of negative effects that can be purged

Sets are not that important, but you can slot at least one of the healer sets:
    - Spellpower Cure
    - Twilight Remedy
    - Sanctuary
    - Healing Mage (aka Mending)
    - Jorvuld's Guidance
    Edited by Asardes on March 6, 2018 1:24PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like atronarch may be better for premades of people you know are good/decent but warhorn is better for pugs.

I don't think anyone actually tested it. But @troomar has had greater success with it.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my sorc healer, use 5 X Twilight remedy, 5 SPC and 1 monster set with % healing buff. Use Argonian.

Lightning staff Bar one : necrotic orb (heal morph), empowered ward, blockade of lightning, Twilight matriarch, inner light, suppression field.

Resto staff Bar 2: Mutagen, Combat prayer, Illustrious healing, Twilight, Siphon spirit, Life giver.

Healed vet WGT at the weekend for instance and have healed lots of other vet dungeons. Works great for me.
    Edited by greylox on March 6, 2018 1:35PM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: I don't have a lot of experience on Sorcerer healing, since that char is first and foremost a DD, and I just gave him some SPC that became redundant. But I was able to complete veteran dungeons with it. Got Forge Breaker and Thane of Falkreath as healer. In principle it's not much different than other classes, since you use pretty much the same generic skills. I haven't slotted Breath of Life on my Templar since Morrowind :)
    Edited by Asardes on March 6, 2018 1:43PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :'( brings tears my eyes..so nice to see so many more sorcerer healers.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Every healer being a templar would be boring. Heck why not have some dragon knight healers for variety?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every healer being a templar would be boring. Heck why not have some dragon knight healers for variety?

You seem to be misunderstanding it was tears of joy. When I asked people on advice on sorrecer healers...it really was not a kind experience..years ago.. :|
    Edited by Tasear on March 6, 2018 4:36PM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think anyone actually tested it. But @troomar has had greater success with it.

Well, it was a great success, but ... I stopped using it in vet trials :(
    My experience is that War Horn is almost useless in PuG, because generic PuG DPS is 15k combined (30 if you're really lucky). My Atronach will boost the group DPS more than War Horn. With a guild group, War Horn is better, because you're running with people whose DPS is >35k. In vet trials, we tried to use the Atronach, and it was a lot of fun, but the main tank was complaining he couldn't see the boss (lol). So I went back to War Horn / Negate.

Wait a moment :D I have a cool DK healer build, but I'm still testing it... And I sometimes enjoy it more than my main Sorc Healer :open_mouth:
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »

Well, it was a great success, but ... I stopped using it in vet trials :(
    My experience is that War Horn is almost useless in PuG, because generic PuG DPS is 15k combined (30 if you're really lucky). My Atronach will boost the group DPS more than War Horn. With a guild group, War Horn is better, because you're running with people whose DPS is >35k. In vet trials, we tried to use the Atronach, and it was a lot of fun, but the main tank was complaining he couldn't see the boss (lol). So I went back to War Horn / Negate.

Wait a moment :D I have a cool DK healer build, but I'm still testing it... And I sometimes enjoy it more than my main Sorc Healer :open_mouth:

*Gasps...you would betray your main :scream:
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You seem to be misunderstanding it was tears of joy. When I asked people on advice on sorrecer healers...it really was not a kind experience..years ago.. :|

I'm agreeing with you.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, i bore witness myself to the type of outlook on non templat healers, its always an uphill battle.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Yeah, i bore witness myself to the type of outlook on non templat healers, its always an uphill battle.

Nerf Templars thread...I like direction >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)>:)
  • Lorabella
    Lorabella
    I'm glad I found this thread. I am levelling my Sorc healer. And I also love my DK healer I now have a healer of every class. :smile:

Templar is my main though - please don't nerf Templars!!! :tongue:
    PS4 NA Server CP 630+

(EP) | Avariella – Dunmer Templar – Magicka Healer, Main Character and Tamriel Quester
    (AD) | Lorabella – Imperial Nightblade – Stamina Damage Dealer, Master Thief and Werewolf
    (DC) | Wild-Heart – Argonian Warden – Stamina Healer, Y'ffre's Guardian
    (EP) | Ra’Kharjo – Khajiit Sorceror – Magicka Healer and PVP Kitten
    (AD) | Esthaenii – Altmer Dragonknight – Magicka Healer and Fire Mage