Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What do I do with Museum items?

Soafee
Soafee
✭✭✭
Throughout my travels I've come across a handful of Museum items. I thought they would go to the museum in Orsinium but there is no action for me there for them.. So what do I do with them?
Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure there's no action ? You must go downstairs and try all the placeholders there. There's one of them for each item.

• Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure there's no action ? You must go downstairs and try all the placeholders there. There's one of them for each item.

There is no icon above where I place them? Maybe i'll take another look.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No there won't be an icon, little bit of a glow, just hover your mouse over all the spots if you don't see it (can be hard).
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stupid question but did you start the quest that allows you to do the museum pieces?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rouven wrote: »
    No there won't be an icon, little bit of a glow, just hover your mouse over all the spots if you don't see it (can be hard).
    agree.gif
    No icon but the right vitrine will prompt you to place the item.

Gotta look around a bit, sorry, no hand-holding for you on that one...
    rolleyes.gif
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Stupid question but did you start the quest that allows you to do the museum pieces?

Yes, I have. I went in there and looked around the first time I figured there was another museum I had not found yet.
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Rouven wrote: »
    agree.gif
    No icon but the right vitrine will prompt you to place the item.

Gotta look around a bit, sorry, no hand-holding for you on that one...
    rolleyes.gif

I didn't want hand holding. I didn't know there was a place for the items or if I had not found another museum to which I could place the items. I'm new. No need to be cheeky about it.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

Yes, I have. I went in there and looked around the first time I figured there was another museum I had not found yet.

With that then they placeholders are very small when trying to set an item. You will have to usually go just under the plates with the descriptions on them, it can be a pain.
  • Xersee
    Xersee
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Soafee. The previous replies to your questions are incorrect - there is no place for these in the Orsinium Museum. The Construct's pieces are part of a questline from the Clockwork DLC. You bring these pieces to Zanon in Clockwork City - there are a total of 14 - with them you finish up his quest and then do one more quest and when you turn it in he will have used all 14 pieces you provided to him to construct a training dummy for you, that you can put in your home! It also speaks to you. :)
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xersee wrote: »
    Hi Soafee. The previous replies to your questions are incorrect - there is no place for these in the Orsinium Museum. The Construct's pieces are part of a questline from the Clockwork DLC. You bring these pieces to Zanon in Clockwork City - there are a total of 14 - with them you finish up his quest and then do one more quest and when you turn it in he will have used all 14 pieces you provided to him to construct a training dummy for you, that you can put in your home! It also speaks to you. :)

This thread was from January 2017 ... Clockwork came out in October.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Finisherofdays
    Finisherofdays
    Soul Shriven
    This Thread made me laugh :D:D:D:D:D