The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Moving Storage Chests

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So can i move storage chests or replace them within other homes while there are items inside or is this a horrible idea?

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re collectibles.

So, yes, you can place the same one in every home and retrieve the contents out in each home.
    Answer ✓
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are asking if you can remove them from the house when they are full (returning them to the decorating menu area) then yes, you can. I routinely do this when I want to access them in one of my tiny apartments where I don't want to permanently leave them out. You will just get a message telling you that the items will not be accessible until you place the chest again.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    If you are asking if you can remove them from the house when they are full (returning them to the decorating menu area) then yes, you can. I routinely do this when I want to access them in one of my tiny apartments where I don't want to permanently leave them out. You will just get a message telling you that the items will not be accessible until you place the chest again.

Interesting :)
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?! You can place them in any houses you want, even in all of them, at the same time.
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?! You can place them in any houses you want, even in all of them, at the same time.

Yes.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes.

Yes, they're collectible furnishings and these furnishings can be placed in any and all houses you own at the same time, provided you have enough collectible furnishing slots. But the way around this in smaller homes with lower collectible furnishing limits is to put one out, fill it up, then put it away. Rinse and repeat for all chests you own. Your items are stored inside the collectible chests, which remain in your collection and don't take up inventory slots.