The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's happening for people who lose items from housing storage?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What are people doing when it happens?

@ZOS_GinaBruno will the GM's be doing anything?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't buy the storage containers
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    seriously, this is really bad!!!

all, the lost items should be returned!!
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, especially since a lot of people bought their housing items from the crown store. I'm glad I still have my mules.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won a nice email exchange with the support. :D
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been putting items from a character into the box, the deleting character losing items

Been on PTS for a LONG TIME

so, either give the items to a different character then put in chest. Then delete character

Or put items from different character into chest move pieces, then delete

Or not delete your character.

Outside of people deleting characters I have not heard of a single issue
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer is bury the thread.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    English/German/French/Japanese speaking players have a chance to return their items.
    Other players who may have some problems with talking to tech support in English, well, I really doubt they all could get their items back.
    Completely screwed up update for all. But looks like ZOS don't care if some players rage quit after this mess.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been putting items from a character into the box, the deleting character losing items

some, either give the items to a different character then put in chest. Then delete tcharacter

Had it happen to a friend. They lost all thier asylum and malestrom weapons, but they didn't delete any characters.

I suggested support but those guys are kinda not helpful. You have fill out a mile long complaint list before anything is even looked at.
    Edited by Tasear on February 14, 2018 9:39PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

some, either give the items to a different character then put in chest. Then delete tcharacter

Had it happen to a friend. They lost all thier asylum and malestrom weapons, but they didn't delete any characters.

Really?!? This is the very first I've heard of an issue without a character deletion, if you could provide more info that would be greatly appreciated!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you actually think that ZOS cares about this? They care about making money and as long as they do they don't need to care about anything else.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really?!? This is the very first I've heard of an issue without a character deletion, if you could provide more info that would be greatly appreciated!

I was there when he showing me too yesterday. He was on his main character If I recall correctly. Then today he was saying it was simply all gone. If helps I think he actually bought his from crown store.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was there when he showing me too yesterday. He was on his main character If I recall correctly. Then today he was saying it was simply all gone. If helps I think he actually bought his from crown store.

Does he own more than 1 chest?
    Where was the chest(s) placed?
    Was the chest placed back into inventory?
    What character did he check on?
    Has he changed the name of the chest?

Just info that could possibly tell us something.
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 14, 2018 10:17PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you actually think that ZOS cares about this? They care about making money and as long as they do they don't need to care about anything else.

This is akin to saying a cafe doesn't care if a customer finds a rat tail in their scrambled eggs. Of course they care. How they might respond to that could vary though.

You know they best way to make money?

A product people like.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will this be handled on a case-by-case basis?
  • psychodruid
    psychodruid
    Soul Shriven
    I lost tons of items and after exchanging 10 emails with support the conclusion was they can't restore them unless I provide a complete detailed list of the items, traits, quality, etc.

Like they really expect players to remember hundreds of items. That's just ridiculous and stupid.

I was very disappointed by the way they handled the situation and cancelled my membership.
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you. guess ill take some screenshots now to be safe because yesterday i had to put all my healing sets in there, but i dont trust these boxes at all-
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    I lost tons of items and after exchanging 10 emails with support the conclusion was they can't restore them unless I provide a complete detailed list of the items, traits, quality, etc.

Like they really expect players to remember hundreds of items. That's just ridiculous and stupid.

I was very disappointed by the way they handled the situation and cancelled my membership.

Had this happen to me as well. Emailed them, and one person was like "can you give me a list of spcific items and their traits". I was like WTF you expect me to remember over 80 items and their traits?! I gave a general run down of what I know I put in the chests (as I labled my chests). Someone else replied to that mail and the ended up restoring the character I had deleted. I was able to recover all my items. Safe to say I left everything on different characters until they patched it. Haven't dared to delete a character since, just in case it happens again.

My best advice is get the "inventory insight" addon. It'll keep track of everything in your inventory and bank and chests. Screenshot that and keep it handy. If things do go missing just email them with the screenshots. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
    GM of The Order of the Stars
    PC: NA
    Castiel Silvermist -- Stamblade DPS (AD) Wood elf
    Valokiloren -- Templar healer (AD) Dark elf
    Vidia -- Mag Sorc (AD) Breton

• heydomerrydo

That's when you just start making [snip] up that you want lol. If they can't see what items are gone then how can they know if your even telling the truth...

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 6, 2018 2:05PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

so, either give the items to a different character then put in chest. Then delete character

It still confounds me that they knew about this bug and went live with it anyway. I'm guessing they thought that most people would be willing to purchase another character slot at 1500 crowns rather than delete a mule, in order to get the level-up rewards. I think the issue ended up being more of a problem than they anticipated.

All they did was give their customer support more work to do and probably lost a lot of customers. It's possible that it ended up costing them more in cancelled memberships, reduced sales of the storage containers, and general loss of good will than what they've gotten from character slot purchases. It seems especially egregious considering that some of the affected folks actually spent real money on the storage containers. Perhaps in those cases, the customers should ask for their crowns back due to a faulty product, though I doubt ZOS would do that.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 5, 2018 7:33PM