The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

fix the crashing XB1/EU

Thats_So_Wizard
I have decided to bring my antics here. So is anyone else experiencing major crash problems as my game has crashed 6 times in 4 minutes and I swear if someone from zos replys with the "troubleshooting" I am done
Edited by Thats_So_Wizard on March 4, 2018 12:02AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have decided to bring my antics here. So is anyone else experiencing major crash problems as my game has crashed 6 times in 4 minutes and I swear if someone from zos replys with the "troubleshooting" I am done

I am not, on PC/NA. What server/platform?
  • Thats_So_Wizard

XB1 EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might try adding that to the title, so other people on your server/platform can weigh in.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crash problems on PS4 / NA.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might not like it, but have you deleted your save game cache?

Every update my Xbox EU struggles unless I do it. Now I do as default and no issues (apart from the CC buginess this patch) but I'm.not seeing crashes.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Thats_So_Wizard
    Beardimus wrote: »

Every update my Xbox EU struggles unless I do it. Now I do as default and no issues (apart from the CC buginess this patch) but I'm.not seeing crashes.

Will this delete my characters?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This might sound scary but it’s really only deleting your in-game menu settings if you’ve changed them from default. A little crappy, but not too bad.
    Edited by Dominoid on March 4, 2018 12:44AM
  • Thats_So_Wizard
    Dominoid wrote: »

This might sound scary but it’s really only deleting your in-game menu settings if you’ve changed them from default. A little crappy, but too bad.

Oh ok thanks for the info
  • Thats_So_Wizard
    Just deleted the data and it still crashes
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What Internet speed are you running?? Do you have an Xbox one X Or at least an Xbox one S? Are you running it directly to the Xbox or are you going WiFi? Do you have an external SSD?
  • Thats_So_Wizard

What Internet speed are you running?? Do you have an Xbox one X Or at least an Xbox one S? Are you running it directly to the Xbox or are you going WiFi? Do you have an external SSD?

I have a one S,an external SSD and I'm running it on wifi
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, disconnects and crashes on PS4 EU as well. Yesterday I have been kicked out of five (!!!!!!!) battlegrounds with four times of it getting the 20min penalty.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Try running it hooked up directly. What's your Internet speed as well? I have played from day one I have seen some of the worst thing when it comes to eso lag. I have learned to have Internet speeds at or around 1G upload and download and having my Xbox hooked directly hooked to the Internet as well as not having ANY WiFi hook ups the only thing hooked to the Internet is my Xbox and I hadon't an Xbox one s with a 2TB SSD running 1G upload and 1G download with no lag on both NA and EU. I just upgraded to an Xbox X and it's even better.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I unhook my Xbox and run it on WiFi right now I will crazy and have lag as well
  • Aeph
    Aeph
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on Xbox EU and have noticed worse crashing since the most recent update - for me it mostly happens in DLC areas and areas that are busy, like Rawl'kha Bank and Vivec City crafting area. Never as regularly as you are experiencing though... I also run on WiFi so I kind of consider myself to blame and just deal with it, given that it only happens like 1-2 times a day for me it's not too much of an issue.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Xbox crashes every day when playing this game.

If the crashes you are experiencing are the screen freezing accompanying with stuttering noises that take you to the dashboard then it's a coding error and there's nothing you can do to fix it and ZoS can't or won't fix it. Welcome to ESO on Xbox.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this crashes for me. Zos support is useless. On PS4 and it crashes a lot, never used to. Really pissing me off. Tried everything; delete files, change ipaddresses, change router settings, port forwarding, etc

So annoying as it only happened last 3 weeks! No fix from zos support they just say check with isp or with PlayStation support... When it only happens on ESO. GREAT
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ive got the one x - mine was dropping out a LOT and i found out what the issue was.

Basically the one x has a really naff wifi card - so i was getting packet loss. the signal went from my old xbox s at 96% to the new one at 72% in the same place . the game doesnt deal with packet loss well - and drops you

best bet - move your router, or wire it. solved it for me

hth
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

OP stated in title it was Xbox/EU
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

Try running it hooked up directly. What's your Internet speed as well? I have played from day one I have seen some of the worst thing when it comes to eso lag. I have learned to have Internet speeds at or around 1G upload and download and having my Xbox hooked directly hooked to the Internet as well as not having ANY WiFi hook ups the only thing hooked to the Internet is my Xbox and I hadon't an Xbox one s with a 2TB SSD running 1G upload and 1G download with no lag on both NA and EU. I just upgraded to an Xbox X and it's even better.

Yet people only seem to (badly) lag on console with ESO an not with other games they play via wifi.