Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sanies Lupinus

The_Tarantian
The_Tarantian
✭✭✭
So it happened I got biten by a werewolf. In Bangkorai, while I was peacefully (well, almost) farming Spriggan set jewelry by the Ephesus keep. In the noon. I do not know what an actual foq were those lycans doing in there in mornin' hours, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

And now I have that Sanies Lupinus effect (debuff?). I just wanna know what restrictions does it put on me and will it wear off with me doing nothing about it? Will it prevent me from becoming a vampire? Yes, I googled and searched forum, but all I found was 3-4 years old topics. It's been said effect wears off authomatically in a week, unless you go for an actual quest, but then I saw some messages about that feature being removed. So here I am, asking you, folks.

Have a nice day, kind sirs and ladies.

Edited by The_Tarantian on March 4, 2018 9:42AM
Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it happened I got biten by a werewolf. In Bangkorai, while I was peacefully (well, almost) farming Spriggan set jewelry by the Ephesus keep. In the noon. I do not know what an actual foq were those lycans doing in there in mornin' hours, but I guess it doesn't really matter.

And now I have that Sanies Lupinus effect (debuff?). I just wanna know what restrictions does it put on me and will it wear off with me doing nothing about it? Will it prevent me from becoming a vampire? Yes, I googled and searched forum, but all I found was 3-4 years old topics. It's been said effect wears off authomatically in a week, unless you go for an actual quest, but then I saw some messages about that feature being removed. So here I am, asking you, folks.

Have a nice day, kind sirs and ladies.

Nothing at the moment.

It doesn't really do anything and it will stay on until you either cure it or become a WW.

To cure it seek up Prelate Sabinus in the Mage's Guild in Riften, Rawl'kha or Evermore.

You can also do the quest you get from a specific NPC to become a WW. Once you have the disease and enter a nearby city, you will be approached by an NPC who senses your "blessing", and offers the quest Hircine's Gift. In Rawl'kha it's just next to the Wayshrine. Upon completion of this quest, you'll gain access to the Werewolf skill tree and the ability to transform.

If nothing else there are plenty achievements and a dye to get from being a WW with full skill trees.

WW can be cured at any time, but if you're not planning on becoming one again after curing it and you have skill points in the WW tree, do reset your skill point allocations before curing it or they may be locked in that skill tree until you become a WW again.

Same applies for Vampirism by the way.

And a nice day to you.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the detailed answer. I do not mind being werewolf, but not on this character (being stick to self-written lore hurts sometimes). There is no way to bite the other one of your characters, is there EksDi)
    Just lemme clarify one thing - Sanies Lupinus WILL NOT prevent me from becoming a vampire, will it?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No until you have done the quest and become a WW you can't bite anyone, but you can't bite your own characters in any case.

Yes, having the disease prevent's you form becoming a Vampire.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Aight aight, thank you again, kind sir, I'll be going for that Prelate guy then.