Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Way Back to the Floating Rock (Library of Dusk)

MythicSnake
MythicSnake
✭✭
Is there a way back to the floating rock above the Library of Dusk in Coldharbour? I completed the quest to help the mages get out of the library traps, but I failed to get the Light of Meridia before I jumped off. I clicked on it and thought I had it, but somehow, it didn't "take" and I didn't notice. I went back to the platform in the basement, but the portal isn't there anymore. Is it a one-time-only deal?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you need it, actually. I'm pretty sure you can complete the entire main quest-line without having one of the lights, because the first time I did the main quest, I never got the light that was in the Vile Laboratory (or whatever it's called), and I was able to complete the entire quest-line without it.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But there's an achievement linked to gathering all the Meridia's lights, so if there's one that you cannot get to after you left the area that means that achievement is un-completable, if you miss it... so, is a good question and, eventually if there's no way back in, probably a bug report too.

I honestly don't remember myself if there's a way back into the upper part of the Library of Dusk...

But, keep in mind that maybe you're missing some other of the lights... have you completed the "mine" area? And the Argonian village?
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • MythicSnake
    MythicSnake
    ✭✭
    I've only done the Tower and the Library so far, so I haven't gotten far into the quest line. I suppose I can complete the main quest without it, but yeah, I won't get the achievement which sucks. I really would like to be able to go back and get it if that's possible.