The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

After animation cancelling there is now range cancelling... :')

Excaltic
Excaltic
✭✭✭
> Dragon Leap
> While jumping [insert animation / block cancel cheats]
> Use 3~5 skills within 1 second while jumping
> All skills activate at once when landing is complete but the range is extended to the landing zone instead of the place where they were cast...
> For example, you can get rooted by DK's talons while the DK just left the ground jumping at you and is still 20 meters away...

> Dawnbreaker of Smiting
> While performing the ultimate [insert animation / block cancel cheats]
> Use several ground / AoE skills within 1 second that have a large range (subterranian assault / steel tornado / etc)
> All skill ranges are combined, including damage of everything
> Suddenly Dawnbreaker of Smiting has a range of +/- 20 meters

And the funny thing is, you can't break free of the range cancelled status effects till the server has calculated that the skills should have taken a few more seconds to cast, to prevent you from breaking free from a skill that should not have been cast already... Spagetti code at it's best!!

Yeah, that's what you get when you don't fix a bugged cheating system ZOS... This is phase 2.0... GG!!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excaltic wrote: »
    Spagetti code at it's best!!
    chowtime.gif

Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been trying to tell people about this for a very long time, no one listen.
    thank you for finally admit and showing the truth.
    hyper animation canceling is real and it is a cheat.
    and all of this being done by allot of people is the root of the Lagg in cryodiil.

eso combat needs to be rebuilt.
    there is Zero reason to shut the game down though, just simply remake the combat Completely on the PTS.
    Edited by Gilvoth on February 26, 2018 12:56AM
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please don't delete this thread.
    Options
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been trying to tell people about this for a very long time, no one listen.
    and all of this being done by allot of people is the root of the Lagg in cryodiil.

there is Zero reason to shut the game down though, just simply remake the combat Completely on the PTS.

lol
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never experienced this from any players good or bad and I’ve spent a lot of time in cyrodiil. It sounds more like normal lag or maybe you don’t have a good connection or a computer capable of handling the stress.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is still happening
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dwemer_paleologist I’m confused about the issue in question but you seem to know a lot about it. Please post vid! I don’t think I’ve experienced this before except when there’s obvious lag spikes.
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Uber lel

rip decibel
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation cancelling is an exploit and leaving it in the game is gross negligence by the combat development team. ZoS catered to these cheaters and even began balancing the game around them. This exploit needs to end for the health of the game.
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excaltic wrote: »
    > Dragon Leap
    > While jumping [insert animation / block cancel cheats]
    > Use 3~5 skills within 1 second while jumping
    > All skills activate at once when landing is complete but the range is extended to the landing zone instead of the place where they were cast...
    > For example, you can get rooted by DK's talons while the DK just left the ground jumping at you and is still 20 meters away...

> Dawnbreaker of Smiting
    > While performing the ultimate [insert animation / block cancel cheats]
    > Use several ground / AoE skills within 1 second that have a large range (subterranian assault / steel tornado / etc)
    > All skill ranges are combined, including damage of everything
    > Suddenly Dawnbreaker of Smiting has a range of +/- 20 meters

And the funny thing is, you can't break free of the range cancelled status effects till the server has calculated that the skills should have taken a few more seconds to cast, to prevent you from breaking free from a skill that should not have been cast already... Spagetti code at it's best!!

Yeah, that's what you get when you don't fix a bugged cheating system ZOS... This is phase 2.0... GG!!
    What happens when a player doesn't have any "animation/block cancel cheats" to use?

If you can use more than 1 ability per second, then the Global Cooldown is not working. Otherwise, your example doesn't make any sense. Press as many keys as fast as you can, but, as far as I know, the Host should not execute the corresponding abilities any faster than 1 per second.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the Host doesn't just clear the player's input buffer once per second. Rapid input probably results in the "rubber banding" of abilites that players have been beeching about. Which means that it is Not A Bug, it is an artifact of player behavior.

"Spagetti code"? You mis-spelled "spaghetti", but it probably isn't the source code that is spaghetti, it is the combined package of the games features. The current TESO software is, apparently, the result of unintentionally adopting a "prototype" model of software development without any experience with that paradigm.

The original designers had a vision which, however, differed from the preferences that Zenimax Online Media, Inc., eventually discovered that the vast majority of potential players had. So they turned a "Game of the Year" masterpiece that wouldn't produce "enough" profit into a money-making scheme instead. Selling as many items via the Crown Store, DLCs, and "Chapters" developed at the lowest cost as fast as possible, has taken priority over product utility and quality.

Be that as it has, in my humble opinion, these problems are the ultimate result of perpetually releasing buggy software without taking responsibility for correcting design flaws and finding and removing the errors in the source code, too. .... It's been nice to know you, but how much longer this travesty can continue before it collapses under its own weight remains to be seen. ..... If you want to stick around to find out.

Edited by Shadowshire on March 4, 2018 1:08AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Crayons are strong in here
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, best I can tell, you’re able to “macro slice” leap now.
    Options