The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom Bow Trait

Elijah_Crow
Elijah_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
@Alcast or others who are knowledgeable.

I play a Stamina Nightblade and I am currently hitting 30K dps on a 3 mil dummy. My Maelstrom Bow is currently precise. I want to verify that re-traiting to Nirnhoned is something I definitely want to do.

I'm currently duel wielding daggers (Nirn - Poison Enchant, Infused - Weapon Damage) and plan to change my main hand to a Nirn Axe with Poison Enchant. I will loose a little crit there. With the change to Nirn on the bow, I will lose a little crit there as as well. As a Bosmer i'm just concerned that the crit loss of these changes could actually reduce the overall DPS.

Any advice?

Best Answers

• exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I am interested in this as I plan to play with Assassin's Guile which means crafted poisons on bows.

As far as I read and researched, precise is the best in that case. One forum member even tested it:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4755135/#Comment_4755135
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
    Answer ✓
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Nirn is bis with double damage poisons

My point exactly. Have you tested this yourself or are you just repeating what you have heard. Too much evidence that precise may be the same or in some situations better.
    Answer ✓
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back bar trait does not matter for Stam builds, there are no single target dots that retain the stats from the back bar, poison injection used to but they changed it. Maybe rearming but that last for 6 seconds and you rearm it on the front bar anyways, so just use what you got.
    Answer ✓
  • TQSkull
    TQSkull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I own a precise and nirnhoned bow, couldn't really notice a difference by just switching the bow. But i just did two or three tests with the 3 million dummy. I would say it's not something you definitely want to do.
    Edited by TQSkull on February 28, 2018 6:44PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went with Nirnhoned cause that’s what everyone I asked said was best. Also use double damage poison instead of enchant.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I went with Nirnhoned cause that’s what everyone I asked said was best. Also use double damage poison instead of enchant.

Thanks. I am using double damage poison on the bow. Poison Enchant on main hand weapon with infused Weapon Damage on off hand for duel wield.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still love to know if anyone has tested this particular change extensively.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will leave my Bow Precise until I get a second one. That one I may make Nirn so I can test with my own set.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn is bis with double damage poisons