Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Racial Motifs: Where do we read them once collected?

Teiji
Teiji
✭✭✭✭✭
I checked the lore library and they are not there.

So my question, where do we go to read the racial crafting books that we have collected?
I can't imagine them being inserted into our brain. This is not EvE online and I do not inject skill books.

I hope I've overlooked this and they are in an extremely obvious place.

For clarity, I understand the process as numbered below and hope I'm wrong in thinking the only way to read the Racial Motifs is to use a third-party source or to screenshot the contents of the books.

If this is the case then I'll simply post this to the relevant Zenimax forum area as a suggestion.
  1. Find Racial Motif
  2. Read Racial Motif, consuming it
  3. Desire to read Racial Motif that you collected earlier
  4. Have to use a third-party source in order to read the in-game item that you collected earlier

*Disclaimer
I understand how to craft. My question pertains to reading the contents of the books when I desire too, whether this is possible and if possible. Where to navigate to in order to read the contents of said books.
Edited by Teiji on March 30, 2014 5:46PM
"Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't read them, you simply have access to them at crafting stations. You'll be able to craft other styles, if you have the correct ingredient
    Edited by mutharex on March 30, 2014 5:23PM
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I acknowledge the purpose of the books, I acknowledge how to utilize the books.

My question being though: If I want to read them, where do I go to read them? I apologise for not making my question distinctively clear. I'll edit it for clarity.

Quite unfortunate that they are not added to the Lore Library in their own "Racial Motif" category. Will be quite disheartened as I was looking forward to reading the story that progresses through the volumes.

Ah well. I can always use third-party websites in order to read them should I have to.
    Edited by Teiji on March 30, 2014 5:28PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

• Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    There is some kind of "memetic library" where all game notes,infos, books and such are colected -anything that is not a Mage Guild book.
    You can accesss it at some point in end game.

Right now -you can read this books here
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Racial_Motifs
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Racial motifs are in your inventory when collected. Double-click them there. Consumable tab I believe.
    Edited by Dominoid on March 30, 2014 5:36PM
  • Seikon
    Seikon
    ✭✭✭
    @Teiji‌ Racial Motifs are like recipes - they show up in your inventory under Consumables after you pick them up. To read them, you double click or rt-click and Use. Hope that helps. :)

After you've read them to learn them, I don't know if the contents are also in your Lore Library or not - I've never actually looked...
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for your input.

I'll edit my original post in order to better reflect on my intentions.

As I'm referring to this process:
    1. Find Racial Motif
    2. Read Racial Motif, consuming it
    3. Desire to read Racial Motif that you collected earlier
    4. Have to use a third-party source in order to read the in-game item that you collected earlier

My question being if this currently the only way to read the Racial Motifs we collect.

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »
    There is some kind of "memetic library" where all game notes,infos, books and such are colected -anything that is not a Mage Guild book.
    You can accesss it at some point in end game.

Thank you @Kemono.

Whilst I don't doubt you, I'd appreciate evidence so I can assist others that have this question with the information to help inform them as well as directing them.

• Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    @Teiji‌
    Its called "Eiditic memory"
    There is no oficial confirmation, but you can read about this in various places -mostly on Reddit where PTS tester admit that such thing exist
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AqmnNHX2A-QJ:www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Eiditic_Memory+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl

We need some PTS tester to confirm this to be sure
    You need to gather ALL Shalidor's Library books(blue Mage guild books) to unlock Eiditic memory -and this takes like forever
    Edited by Kemono on March 30, 2014 6:05PM
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »
    @Teiji‌
    Its called "Eiditic memory"
    There is no oficial confirmation, but you can read about this in various places -mostly on Reddit where PTS tester admit that such thing exist
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AqmnNHX2A-QJ:www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Eiditic_Memory+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl

We need some PTS tester to confirm this to be sure
    You need to gather ALL Shalidor's Library books(blue Mage guild books) to unlock Eiditic memory -and this takes like forever

I see!

I appreciate the information greatly, thank you very much.