The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Air Atronachs and their supposed creation.

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What I learned during the opening questline with the Stargazers, is that the Serpent used the essence of all three elemental Atronachs, Storm, Fire and Frost, to create a brand new Atronach Monarch, the Air Monarch. To me the wording made it seem an Air Atronach had never before been seen or even envisioned, and the emphasis they put behind me needing to destroy it acts as evidence to the point. And remember this is all in Craglorn.

So why are there Air Atronachs in Vvardenfell, as well as other locations? On the UESP it mentions a little that Mehrunes Dagon immediately took some as servants right after their creation, so that can be explained as to why you fight a few in City of Ash II.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep the info you gathered was correct, made by the serpent. :)

As to why they are in other areas....think any of the Daedric Princes like any new toy and ones who could grab a few and use them why not.

So when Mehrunes Dagon took some. Some of the others wanted some to....to A ) Match Dagon, B ) Prove that Dagon can't solely have something they don't have....you know my gun is as big as your gun...etc etc..
    Edited by Chaos2088 on February 26, 2018 1:19PM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the real reason is that the devs who placed the preexisting creatures didn't fact check their lore (we have Nixads in Vvardenfell too, with equally little explanation as to why). That said, isn't Dagon one of the Four Corners of the Dunmer House of Troubles? So maybe he left them there too. (I freely admit I don't remember if they were around the ruins the Ashlanders said was associated with Dagon or not, though.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the real reason is that the devs who placed the preexisting creatures didn't fact check their lore (we have Nixads in Vvardenfell too, with equally little explanation as to why). That said, isn't Dagon one of the Four Corners of the Dunmer House of Troubles? So maybe he left them there too. (I freely admit I don't remember if they were around the ruins the Ashlanders said was associated with Dagon or not, though.)

Pretty sure the Elder Scrolls universe is theirs to do with as they please. ESO has been great if for no other reason than it is taking lore and finally expanding on it. In other words, taking lore and putting it to use. This is exactly why ESO takes place before any of the single player games, so they can expand/correct/and enrich the universe during a time that not a lot was known about it.
    Edited by SirAxen on March 2, 2018 3:30AM