The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do items in the Crown Store rotate?

noequal_1_ESO
noequal_1_ESO
Soul Shriven
so, i recently started playing and while running aimlessly 'round town, i saw a player wearing a costume that i wanted. i asked them and they said they purchased it from the Crown Store. the item in question was this: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/cyrod-gentry-towns-gown/

so, i went over to the store and low and behold, it wasn't there. i was disappointed, but, i figured it'd probably end up rotating back into the store... eventually. am I correct in this assumption?
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sadly not... old(er) stuff eventually finds it's way into the clown crates, but once a crate season has run it's course the items can no longer be obtained by any means.

Some items may make a return, but that's usually festival related stuff like certain motifs, dye stamps, etc.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • SydneyGrey
      SydneyGrey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So far, the only time they re-release older costumes, mounts and pets is by putting them in the crown crates.
      I WISH they'd re-release older stuff directly in the Store. They'd make money off it if they did. There are two horses that were early releases that I want, and I've been playing for over a year now and they've NEVER been available in the entire time I've been playing. (The two gray horses.)
      I expect they'll be put in crown crates eventually.
    • TelvanniWizard
      TelvanniWizard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      If the would put old items back in the store they would make lots of sells. Instead they preffer to dragg people to that horrible scam crate system...
    • noequal_1_ESO
      noequal_1_ESO
      Soul Shriven
      well, damn. that's disappointed, but... not entirely unsurprising. thanks ya'll.
    • Sgtmeg
      Sgtmeg
      ✭✭✭
      Sadly only holiday items are rotated back into the store for direct purchase.
    • LadyAstrum
      LadyAstrum
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think the reason limited time items don't rotate is because not as many people would buy them there and then if they knew they'd come back. They have to give the illusion of exclusivity to maintain the attractiveness of the high-price items. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they released all the limited houses eventually.
      ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    • CaffeinatedMayhem
      CaffeinatedMayhem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      SydneyGrey wrote: »
      So far, the only time they re-release older costumes, mounts and pets is by putting them in the crown crates.
      I WISH they'd re-release older stuff directly in the Store. They'd make money off it if they did. There are two horses that were early releases that I want, and I've been playing for over a year now and they've NEVER been available in the entire time I've been playing. (The two gray horses.)
      I expect they'll be put in crown crates eventually.

This ^^^^^ So much this. I chose between Dark Shaman and my Masked Bear mount (<3) when they debuted. Didn't get Dark Shaman during the dungeon's event, so I'm screwed forever now.