The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question and insights welcomed about Nightblades and roleplaying them...

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
where could they have learnt their shadow and siphoning skills from - for shadow can it be from a school of illusion?

Much thanks
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Schools of magic aren't real. The mages guild created them to teach classes easier. Magic is Magic
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe learned from a vampire
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades have their basis in shadowmagic. There have been several forum threads discussing this (beware .... this forum's search engine leaves a lot to be desired). You can also find some information here: en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Shadow_Magic

Hope this helps.

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    where could they have learnt their shadow and siphoning skills from - for shadow can it be from a school of illusion?

Much thanks

My magblade rps a master wizard from the mages guild. The shadow magic is played off as a mixture of illusion and mysticism.

The blood magic is from his connections to the dark brotherhood and Sangiin, the khajiit aspect of sanguine, who is his patron deity.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    I roleplay my Argonian Shadowscale NB, is a Blood Mage. Many of the spells do exactly what a Blood Mage can do.