The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Group Chat Broken for days on Xbox NA?

MakeMeUhSamich
MakeMeUhSamich
✭✭✭✭✭
Many of my guildies and I have noticed major problems with the group chat feature recently. It cuts out completely, intermittently, and/or sometimes the “group” option is totally removed from the menu to prevent rejoining after it glitches. Hard resets and re-logs don’t solve the problem.

Forgive me if this has already been posted about, but are others experiencing this too? Is this a known issue?

Thanks!
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen to me last night. Group Chat is definitely bugged, and has been for a long time, where you go to a player house and it removes you from the channel.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THis has been happening on and off since the game was released.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...it’s been pretty stable for me up until recently.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been alot worse since the last update. There have been other threads and they know about it. We will see when it gets fixed.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    It's been alot worse since the last update. There have been other threads and they know about it. We will see when it gets fixed.

I hope it’s soon. I’m still having issues.
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Update: My issue seems to have been resolved.

Fix: Contacted my ISP who walked me through setting the Xbox up as a DMZ host on my home network. Apparently, this allows the Xbox to open/use any necessary ports. Since making the change several days ago, I’ve had no chat disconnections.

/knockonwood
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joining a party then switching to game chat worked for me in a last ditch effort the other day.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS