Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Intel Iris Pro & HD 5000 Potential Graphics Issues

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
There were fixes for these issues which should have gone into the launch build of the Mac ESO client which can effect some Intel graphics cards on MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac 21.5 inch all 2013 models with either:
  • Intel Iris Pro
  • Intel HD 5000

I have one report of the HD5000 still having the issue. If any others have this please post here so that we can pass on details direct.

There was a fix put in to fix this but Apple did post an update recently which may have caused it to reappear.

If you use either of these and the issue appears resolved please confirm too will be useful.

DO also submit this as a bug via /bug in-game & submit a Ticket via Support. It's important that if there are issues remaining that as much detail can be gathered as possible.

If you post here please provide Mac system details especially graphics card installed;

Apple icon (top left of menu bar) > About This Mac > More info…

Version number of the game also will help to confirm it is updated correctly (bottom left of Login window)
Edited by Moonraker on March 30, 2014 12:30PM
  • jc.rosales.medinacub18_ESO
    Yes, I have the same problem. I just want to know if it will be fixed or if there is a solution on the mac or game settings that can fix it. :(
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have the same problem. I just want to know if it will be fixed or if there is a solution on the mac or game settings that can fix it. :(
    Which card do you have? and the details for your Mac please.

Apple icon (top left of menu bar) > About This Mac > More info…

There is no in-game setting other than try turning everything to Lowest and try to get through rains/ ash environmental effect. Outside of these it should be OK.

• sunherd
    sunherd
    Soul Shriven
    I still have this bug, too and it's impossible to go through coldharbour (since it's too burdensome to make it through the small box on the lower left..) My details:

Macbook Air 13-inch, Mid 2013
    Processor 1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
    Edited by sunherd on March 30, 2014 12:33PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    sunherd wrote: »
    I have still this bug, too and it's impossible to go through coldharbour (since it's too burdensome to make it through the small box on the lower left..) My details:

Macbook Air 13-inch, Mid 2013
    Processor 1,3 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1024 MB
    Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
    Thanks for the details. I'll pass this on. Please ensure you submit a bug report and submit a ticket.
    Please confirm game version.
  • sunherd
    sunherd
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I already filed a bug, maybe a ticket too, to create a little pressure on the subject. My game version seems to be eso.live.1.0.0.956792
  • jc.rosales.medinacub18_ESO
    I have same details:
    ntel HD Graphics 5000:

Modelo de chipset: Intel HD Graphics 5000
    Tipo: GPU
    Bus: Integrado
    VRAM (total): 1024 MB
    Fabricante: Intel (0x8086)
    ID del dispositivo: 0x0a26
    ID de la revisión: 0x0009
    Pantallas:
    LCD color:
    Tipo de pantalla: LCD
    Resolución: 1440 x 900
    Profundidad de píxel: Color de 32 bits (ARGB8888)
    Pantalla principal: Sí
    Duplicado: Desactivado
    En línea: Sí
    Integrado: Sí

I've tried turning everything to Lowest but don't work.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    sunherd wrote: »
    Yeah I already filed a bug, maybe a ticket too, to create a little pressure on the subject. My game version seems to be eso.live.1.0.0.956792
    Cool. The more data that gets passed on the better.Try Lowest setting and maybe lower resolution just to get through the bad areas is all I can suggest.
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    I have the same problem, simply unplayable after getting out of the prison. I have macbook air 2013 model : i5, hd5000, 4gb ram. Game is updated, and tried repair option, tried lowered settings to the minimum but nothing helps :neutral_face: Also reported the bug with /bug ingame and attached screenshot.
  • mkeisu
    mkeisu
    MBA mid-2013 with i7 and 8gb ram. Same issue I believe..

I didn't have this problem in beta though
    Edited by mkeisu on March 30, 2014 1:04PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ssijak wrote: »
    I have the same problem, simply unplayable after getting out of the prison. I have macbook air 2013 model : i5, hd5000, 4gb ram. Game is updated, and tried repair option, tried lowered settings to the minimum but nothing helps :neutral_face: Also reported the bug with /bug ingame and attached screenshot.
    Unfortunately there is little to do other than this but do make a bug report and also submit a ticket on the link provided above.
  • OpForce
    OpForce
    ✭✭
    I have Macbook Air mid-2013 model : i5, hd5000, 4gb ram. Game version is 1.0.0.956792. I am still experiencing major graphic issues in Coldharbour or anywhere else in the world when it either rains or snows; the game outright crashes when using wayshrines, trying to change zones, trying to enter/leave dungeons. I get "unknown error" almost every single time the game crashes. I've submitted about 10 bug reports about this during the beta and 3 in the live version of the game. These issues haven't been fixed since late February.

My clan is recruiting! Click here.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OpForce Thanks for the details. I suggest to continue to submit bug reports and also Make a ticket via Support see links above. There was a fix put in but it looks like from it going in and the recent Apple update that it got broken again.

The more reports that get submitted the quicker they can respond.
  • zzaxx1b14_ESO
    Same Issue. Quit beta due to this. Bummer.

Model Name: MacBook Air
    Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 1.3 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Boot ROM Version: MBA61.0099.B04
    SMC Version (system): 2.13f7
    Serial Number (system): C02KWXF1F5V8
    Hardware UUID: 44F2A76B-F1DC-5B25-83B5-6217EFAB55DC

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 5000
    Type: GPU
    Bus: Built-In
    VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
    Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
    Device ID: 0x0a26
    Revision ID: 0x0009
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same Issue. Quit beta due to this. Bummer.

---snip---
    Thanks for details. Please ensure to submit bug reports and make a Ticket so we get as much data to them to help the fix.

Hopefully we will get some official Tech Support input in these forums also.

• DrAlexMV
    DrAlexMV
    I am in the process of rolling back from 1.9.2 to 1.9 to see if it will make any difference.
  • mkeisu
    mkeisu
    DrAlexMV wrote: »
    I am in the process of rolling back from 1.9.2 to 1.9 to see if it will make any difference.
    Can that be done without timemachine backup or complete reinstall of OS?

Edited by mkeisu on March 30, 2014 4:19PM
  • alewisw
    alewisw
    yeah i have a macbook air and same issue, small screen in the botton left corner that is unplayable, and the main screen goes dark and blurry
  • JoeJoeroo
    JoeJoeroo
    Same here

Hardware-Übersicht:

Modellname: MacBook Air
    Modell-Identifizierung: MacBookAir6,2
    Prozessortyp: Intel Core i7
    Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 1,7 GHz
    Speicher: 8 GB

Intel HD Graphics 5000:

Chipsatz-Modell: Intel HD Graphics 5000
    Typ: GPU
    Bus: Integriert
    VRAM (gesamt): 1024 MB
    Hersteller: Intel (0x8086)
    Geräte-ID: 0x0a26
    Versions-ID: 0x0009
  • Rhizome
    Rhizome
    Same at 1440x980.
    When I enter Tower of Eyes, I am only able to play in a very small screen in the lower left corner. Unplayable. At 600x480, I am able to get a screen size of ~75% (still unplayable).

Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
    Intel HD Graphics 5000

My son's MB Air uses the Intel HD Graphics 4000 (FOUR THOUSAND) and it runs fine.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhizome wrote: »
    Same at 1440x980.
    When I enter Tower of Eyes, I am only able to play in a very small screen in the lower left corner. Unplayable. At 600x480, I am able to get a screen size of ~75% (still unplayable).

Processor Name: Intel Core i7
    Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
    Intel HD Graphics 5000

My son's MB Air uses the Intel HD Graphics 4000 (FOUR THOUSAND) and it runs fine.
    Yes, the issue is specific to the Apple drivers specifically for the Intel HD5000 (OpenGL issue) A similar issue effected the Intel Iris Pro in some MacBook Pro (2013) models and a fix was in place also for that related issue.I have not seen any MBP users post this issue so it looks like that fix was in.

Like I said previously, there was a fix in for this but Apple made an update and it broke the current fix it seems. I expect they will get a fix out ASAP.
    Edited by Moonraker on March 30, 2014 5:59PM
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    Well, I have logged in on a PC with Windows and got past that prison and prophet, and after I got in the new area I logged in on MBA again and everything is fine from then on, just passed 2 islands.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I have logged in on a PC with Windows and got past that prison and prophet, and after I got in the new area I logged in on MBA again and everything is fine from then on, just passed 2 islands.
    Yep. it is only in areas with environmental effects like rain, ash (Coldharbour) etc.
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    Arghhh now when rain starts falling on that orkish bethon island then the graphics screw up again.
    Is there a command to disable rain for example /weather 0
    Edited by ssijak on March 30, 2014 6:36PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arghhh now when rain starts falling on that orkish bethon island then the graphics screw up again.
    Is there a command to disable rain for example /weather 0
    Afraid not.
  • mkeisu
    mkeisu
    Moonraker wrote: »
    Yep. it is only in areas with environmental effects like rain, ash (Coldharbour) etc.

I guess when I played the beta, it must have been in the window when it worked. Darn, was so hyped-up to get started today.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mkeisu wrote: »
    Moonraker wrote: »

I guess when I played the beta, it must have been in the window when it worked. Darn, was so hyped-up to get started today.
    It's an annoying bug and needs fixing again. Looks like the MacBook Pro one did work at least.

I can say that the developers are now aware directly and that they will be testing tomorrow with a view to get a fix in. It's just a shame Apple have bugs still in their own drivers.
  • ssijak
    ssijak
    I would not mind to have a quick fix with that command to disable rain and snow, while waiting for a proper fix which could take much longer. Skyrim had such command to control weather.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not mind to have a quick fix with that command to disable rain and snow, while waiting for a proper fix which could take much longer. Skyrim had such command to control weather.
    In an MMO it's not so easy to do that unlike a single player game. The developer is aware of this issue still in launch and is looking at it tomorrow.
  • mkeisu
    mkeisu

"disable weather" - I think it's a bad idea in a MMORPG, it could potentially give players advantages in certain situations(pvp for example). I think we're just going to have to be patient.
  • nirpius
    nirpius
    Soul Shriven
    [deleted]
    Edited by nirpius on December 2, 2016 8:22AM