The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New bis Mag sorc

Mattoxx96
Mattoxx96
✭✭
So for my Mag sorc what I BiS now, I used to use 5 netches touch, 3 willpower then just 2 shock maelstrom staves with familiar instead of bound armour.

Is it more dps to run fire staff back bar with fire blockade and shock staff front bar? If it was more dps I'd switch my main 5pc to BSW

And for CP is it no longer good to run 75 into thaum for the exploiter passive?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Literally another thread on this 5 down from yours.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/397989/mag-sorc#latest

EU | PC | AD
  • Mattoxx96
    Mattoxx96
    ✭✭
    yet it doesn't answer any of my questions....

Next.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mattoxx96 wrote: »
    yet it doesn't answer any of my questions....

Next.

So what sets to run was not one of your questions?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade

That's actually the new BiS sorc. Does 10k DPS more as well.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade

Correct answer.

Next!
  • Mattoxx96
    Mattoxx96
    ✭✭
    No, what sets wasn't my question, I asked if it's double fire staves, doubles shock staves or back bar fire staff.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try them, with your setup. there are so many variables.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure double lightning staves will be best for a sorc since they’re mostly AoE Damage but it depends on your rotation. Did I read your using two maelstrom staffs? You only want to run one on your back bar.
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Magblade

Magblade has been crap for several years. It's good that they finally have become great.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Magblade

Magblade has been crap for several years. It's good that they finally have become great.

cc2.jpg
    EU | PC | AD
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Magblade

cc2.jpg

Tried playing a Magblade in 2014 and even 2015? They've been abysmal (in PvE) until they got Assassin's Will and were patched several times.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 28, 2018 8:01PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade

cc2.jpg

Tried playing a Magblade in 2014 and even 2015? They've been abysmal (in PvE) until they got Assassin's Will and were patched several times.

You mean the times when Funnel Health would heal 2 allies and sap essence did insane heals and people were doing vHRC with 1 DK tank and 11 MagBlades funneling and saping? Yeah, I remember those days. Good times.

Apart from a short period where Volcanic Rune and Fragmented shield were bugged and people were stacking DKs, the rest of the time MageBlades were practically always the strongest class in trials. Like 80% of the time since trials have been a thing.

The assertion that they "finally" became good, is more than asinine.

Edited by Maulkin on February 28, 2018 9:21PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Higher DPS for higher skill required build is fair, so it should be:

Magblade > Magsorc
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see most people saying magblades are super wazoo now, but all 50kish parses I see they're melee with master architect, the ones doing damage from range with acuity MD and monster helm do around 4k more than sorcs (Which is expected since they have minor berserk).

However, if I were to pick a team id rather have stamdks as melee than magblades, ive seen stamdks hit more than 63k on raid parses.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see most people saying magblades are super wazoo now, but all 50kish parses I see they're melee with master architect, the ones doing damage from range with acuity MD and monster helm do around 4k more than sorcs (Which is expected since they have minor berserk).

However, if I were to pick a team id rather have stamdks as melee than magblades, ive seen stamdks hit more than 63k on raid parses.

Que? Ranged magblades also use Master Architect, why wouldn't they? You only use MD if you don't have MA. You go in, drop a soul harvest, move back out. NB meta since Morrowind. There's no boss mechanic that obliges you to be ranged 100% of the time.

The only difference between range and melee is whether you use Zaan or Skoria. Nothing else.

EU | PC | AD
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Que? Ranged magblades also use Master Architect, why wouldn't they? You only use MD if you don't have MA. You go in, drop a soul harvest, move back out. NB meta since Morrowind. There's no boss mechanic that obliges you to be ranged 100% of the time.

The only difference between range and melee is whether you use Zaan or Skoria. Nothing else.

Doesnt seem practical to me, but oh well I dont play NB. The only fight I can think of that this would be crazy is VAA Mage, NBs would zap their fellows into oblivion moving around.