The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamplar advice.

Invincible
Invincible
✭✭✭✭✭
I should start off by saying I only use this toon for daily dungeons and crafting writs. I don't ever intend to take it in to any trials.

I'm currently running 5pc hundings/5pc spriggans 1 pc kraghs/1pc slimeclaw.

With this in mind how best should I allocate my 520 champion points and where can I improve gear wise?
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    Just check your typical stamplar builds for cp, they're all the same and your abilities should be the same. Even though you're not max cp, thats still the best setup so try to fill them.
    Gearwise, it's fine, but a few of stamplars abilities like power of the light scale better with max stam, although you wont see a huge boost to your dps, in a group setting its huge, so something like hulking draugr instead of spriggans is better (plus I like having more stam to do more abilities before I have to start heavy attacking all the time) but it's up to you, the gear you listed is still good, just hulking draugr is better while in groups.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hunding is best-in-slot.
    spriggans is good. TFS from nSO is better.
    yea i'd agree Hulking Draugr is a good alternative too.
    i use VO tho. better sustain.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I made my Dps high as a stamtemp I do 10k hit on criticals
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I use viper set pretty easy to get due to people farming for xp
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to have it easy and cheap go 2H instead of 2W, since that will give you Major Brutality buff and a quick burst heal when needed from Rally - if re-cast after about 15s you can almost fully heal from that alone - and a nice shield from Brawler. With 2W you are pretty much forced into using potions for all content in order to do decent damage.

The setup is pretty simple and mostly involves dropping one of the monster pieces. Since Spriggan already gives you 3.4K penetration and you also gain 1.3K from Power of the Light, and Templars have 10% bonus to critial damage (Aedric Spear: Piercing Spear passive) I would recommend dropping the Kra'gh piece and retaining Slimercraw. So 5 Hunding's Rage (4 armor, 2H sword and Bow) 5 Spriggan's Thorns (3 jewels, 2 armor) and Slimercraw.

Skills
    Front bar: Power of the Light | Brawler | Biting Jabs | Reverse Slice | Rally || Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Back bar: Razor Caltrops | Endless Hail | Poison Injection | Rearming Trap | Repentance* || Ballista**
    *or Resolving Vigor if you need more healing and you don't have a lot of adds to repent
    **or Crescent Sweep

Rotation is simple: Rearming Trap->LA->Poison Injection->LA->Endless Hail->LA->Razor Caltrops->Bar Swap->Power of the Light->HA->Brawler->HA->Biting Jabs->HA->Biting Jabs->HA->Power of the Light [repeat] Buff with Rally and recast every 2nd rotation, repent when low on resources.
    Sawzallz wrote: »
    I made my Dps high as a stamtemp I do 10k hit on criticals

As I've told you before, the damage you do in a given hit is pretty much irrelevant. What matters is DPS and that's mostly about keeping your DoTs up. I want to dispel such suggestions because there are plenty of people who spam abilities like Wrecking Blow and Snipe because they see the high tool tip but not the fact that they take 2s to cast and prevent other abilities being cast at the same time, and thus being a net DPS loss in most cases. Those can crit for 40K+ in PvE but nobody recommends them for the reason stated above.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nephimana wrote: »
    hulking draugr

Looks like I have some farming to do!
    Asardes wrote: »
    If you want to have it easy and cheap go 2H

I love 2h and played 2h on this toon for years but the dps is just abysmal. I don't mind blowing pots on bosses if it'll save me from getting kicked out of vet dungeons for being the scrub with the 2h doing 30% of the group damage lol.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can easily hit 25K+ with 2H on any build, just practice the rotation a bit on the dummy and that's fine for any veteran dungeon, since none of them actually emphasize DPS past that point - you can do any mechanic with 55-60K group DPS if you don't fail the mechanics in other ways. If you insist on going 2W with potions your current build is fine, though I would suggest picking another monster set - I would recommend Stormfist, Velidreth or Selene - or at least using a full set of Kra'gh for maximizing damage. I have the same general advice - practice the rotation. 30-35K is perfectly achievable after an afternoon of practice. I was parsing very low on my Stamina DK and practiced for 3-4 hours and went from under 22-25K to about 35-37K. It's simply about keeping up your DoTs and weaving heavy attacks on the front bar. Most Stamina classes have very similar gear and rotations and only 1-2 skills on the front bar are actually unique.

2W gear

5 Hunding's Rage (1 nirnhoned dagger main hand w poison enchant, 1 precise dagger off hand w berserker enchant, 3 armor pieces) 5 Spriggan (3 jewels, 2 body pieces) 2 Velidreth / Stormfist / Selene / Kra'gh, all divines, preferably 1L/5M/1H for more resources and health. Bow is less important but you can craft a Hunding's one to fill the gap until you can get Maelstrom, in case you don't have it. Best traits if not using poisons is infused with berserker enchant.

Skill Setup
    Front Bar: Rearming Trap | Power of the Light | Rending Slashes | Biting Jabs | Deadly Cloak || Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Back Bar: Razor Caltrops | Endless Hail | Poison Injection | Repentance | Resolving Vigor* || Ballista
    *or Restoring Focus in static fights where you're being healed

Rotation
    Rearming Trap->HA->Power of the Light->HA->Rending Slashes->HA->Biting Jabs->LA->Deadly Cloak->Power of the Light->Bar Swap->Poison Injection->LA->Endless Hail->LA->Razor Caltrops->Bar Swap [repeat]
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    You can easily hit 25K+ with 2H on any build, just practice the rotation a bit on the dummy and that's fine for any veteran dungeon, since none of them actually emphasize DPS past that point - you can do any mechanic with 55-60K group DPS if you don't fail the mechanics in other ways. If you insist on going 2W with potions your current build is fine, though I would suggest picking another monster set - I would recommend Stormfist, Velidreth or Selene - or at least using a full set of Kra'gh for maximizing damage. I have the same general advice - practice the rotation. 30-35K is perfectly achievable after an afternoon of practice. I was parsing very low on my Stamina DK and practiced for 3-4 hours and went from under 22-25K to about 35-37K. It's simply about keeping up your DoTs and weaving heavy attacks on the front bar. Most Stamina classes have very similar gear and rotations and only 1-2 skills on the front bar are actually unique.

2W gear

5 Hunding's Rage (1 nirnhoned dagger main hand w poison enchant, 1 precise dagger off hand w berserker enchant, 3 armor pieces) 5 Spriggan (3 jewels, 2 body pieces) 2 Velidreth / Stormfist / Selene / Kra'gh, all divines, preferably 1L/5M/1H for more resources and health. Bow is less important but you can craft a Hunding's one to fill the gap until you can get Maelstrom, in case you don't have it. Best traits if not using poisons is infused with berserker enchant.

Skill Setup
    Front Bar: Rearming Trap | Power of the Light | Rending Slashes | Biting Jabs | Deadly Cloak || Flawless Dawnbreaker
    Back Bar: Razor Caltrops | Endless Hail | Poison Injection | Repentance | Resolving Vigor* || Ballista
    *or Restoring Focus in static fights where you're being healed

Rotation
    Rearming Trap->HA->Power of the Light->HA->Rending Slashes->HA->Biting Jabs->LA->Deadly Cloak->Power of the Light->Bar Swap->Poison Injection->LA->Endless Hail->LA->Razor Caltrops->Bar Swap [repeat]

I'm sure there lots of good info in your post but I'm not looking to maxamize my cheese build just looking for suggestions. I wear 7 medium because I don't have rank 9 undaunted on this toon and those were the only two monster set pieces were the only ones I had in medium and divines.

I have also done zero PvP in this game ever. Never even been to cyrodil.

My current set up looks like jabs, the dw dot (forget the name), blade cloak, potl, Templar insta heal spell. Crescent sweep ulti.

Back bar is the position arrow spray, poison dot ( I'm tired and not logged in forgive my lack of proper names.), Arrow rain thing, repentence, Templar heal again. Flawless dawnbreaker ulti.

I'm trying to grind out my undaunted but man I hate Stam toons. + Jabs is broken right now so it's extra frustrating.

I'm spoiled on magsorc just being able to solo every dungeon semi-afk without even using buff food.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1/5/1 setup allows you to use Dubious Camoran Throne without being extra-squishy. You mentioned running dungeons so I thought you already had undaunted, or at least you will get it pretty soon. If you don't think you'll achieve that in a timely manner I would actually recommend going 0/5/2, and rely on Juggernaut passive for more health. 7 Medium should be pretty good though anyway, if you're running maximum health and stamina food and doing plenty of heavy attacks.

Using Breath of Life/Honor the Dead is rather ineffective on a stamina build since it scales on your maximum magicka & spell damage and benefits from spell critical so it will heal for very little, and cost very much without light armor passives & recovery. I've healed with it while leveling and it's a bit less than 1/3 of you HP for more 1/2 of your magicka pool. That's why I was suggesting 2H, because the heal is actually meaningful - before the developers decided to make Vigor more accessible (it was last in the Assault tree at the beginning) people actually healed on Rally alone, and you can see old videos of people doing vMA on stamina characters and healing exclusively from Rally.

Acid Spray skill is useful, and yes, you can use that instead of Caltrops until you get it. I would suggest swapping your ultimates around though, to have Flawless Dawnbreaker on front bar because the added weapon damage from passive will help your DPS, more. The reason is that AoE DoTs recalculate damage based on your current stats, while single target ones will copy the stats from when they were applied. You spend less time on the back bar in your rotation, so maximizing weapon damage on the front would benefit those DoTs (Rearming Trap, Rending Slashes) as well as the others applied from back bar like Endless Hail and Acid Spray (or Razor Caltrops when you get them).

There isn't any exploit in the build I presented, so I don't understand why it would be "cheese" :)

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »

I'm sure there lots of good info in your post but I'm not looking to maxamize my cheese build just looking for suggestions. I wear 7 medium because I don't have rank 9 undaunted on this toon and those were the only two monster set pieces were the only ones I had in medium and divines.

I have also done zero PvP in this game ever. Never even been to cyrodil.

My current set up looks like jabs, the dw dot (forget the name), blade cloak, potl, Templar insta heal spell. Crescent sweep ulti.

Back bar is the position arrow spray, poison dot ( I'm tired and not logged in forgive my lack of proper names.), Arrow rain thing, repentence, Templar heal again. Flawless dawnbreaker ulti.

I'm trying to grind out my undaunted but man I hate Stam toons. + Jabs is broken right now so it's extra frustrating.

I'm spoiled on magsorc just being able to solo every dungeon semi-afk without even using buff food.

flawless goes on front bar for the weapon damage passive buff. The ulti you will use goes on the back bar. I prefer ballista, but nothing wrong with crescent. I'd put traps on my front bar as well (good skill, plus FG passive buffs) . The heal (BoL I assume) isn't very good, I'd drop traps in there.

Back bar is OK if you don't want to mess with PvP for caltrops and vigor. Just so you know, not having caltrops in the rotation is a pretty significant drop in DPS, and BoL is a bad substitute for vigor, which with repent should be your self-heal. If you do go for caltrops, replace arrow spray with it.