The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Puncturing Sweeps Useless After Patch On 2/26/2018

Trinity_Is_My_Name
Trinity_Is_My_Name
✭✭✭✭✭
The patch broke Puncturing Sweeps. ZOS introduced the PTS problems the Templar had into the Live server with the patch. Puncturing Sweeps is all but useless now. ZOS, are you reading this? Please fix this mess.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch broke Puncturing Sweeps. ZOS introduced the PTS problems the Templar had into the Live server with the patch. Puncturing Sweeps is all but useless now. ZOS, are you reading this? Please fix this mess.

Are you on PC, Xbox, or ps4?
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is broken about it? Details would help.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can you elaborate?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA. If you have a Magicka Templar (think it does it on Stamplars too) just go to a single enemy NPC and attack it with Puncturing Sweeps. Repeat on a few more if needed then try the ability on a small mob. The sweep starts and stops unless you are directly aiming at the "target" the entire time. Looks like there isn't a cone of attack anymore but a single point of attack. The Templar will stop with the Spear held in hand until you reposition your aim or move the character so you can attack again.

Was working fine until yesterday after the small patch. It looks like the exact same problem we had with Templars on the PTS testing for Dragonbones DLC. Looks like the problem was moved onto the Live server with this patch yesterday.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one? Thought you were referring to enemy players with red CP double dipping against it. Why you should always specify

@Cinbri @Joy_Division
    Edited by technohic on February 28, 2018 2:14AM
  • j3crow
    j3crow
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing for the stamina version
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its-broken-please-fix.png
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Besides PS, BoL is broken to. Sometimes it doesn't heal anything. You press button, healing animation, but no healing.

1.jpg
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes ults like Dawnbreakers are consumed and no ult fires off. Especially near stairs or certain choke points. Fix this.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes ults like Dawnbreakers are consumed and no ult fires off. Especially near stairs or certain choke points. Fix this.

That's not a templar specific bug. It's been happening on all classes since the DB patch.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

That's not a templar specific bug. It's been happening on all classes since the DB patch.

Yeah this happens a lot and affects several skills. Arrow Spray for example won't even fire if the target is near a large object like a rock or pole. If they are on the other side of an open door/hall, it will often fire but not hit anything.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

DB as in Dragon Bones? Or DB as in Dark Brotherhood? Because I haven't played Dragon Bones yet but I have dropped dud ultimates.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

DB as in Dragon Bones? Or DB as in Dark Brotherhood? Because I haven't played Dragon Bones yet but I have dropped dud ultimates.

It's been happening since forever. But since Dragon Bones dropped on PC, it's now the norm and not the exception.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

It's been happening since forever. But since Dragon Bones dropped on PC, it's now the norm and not the exception.

Sounds awesome :neutral: .... but thanks for clarifying.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/aVC93V_oHYA

Even with good fps and ping, sweeps sometimes bug out. You get a damage prompt a while later ("a while" meaning, sometimes it's 15 seconds, sometimes a minute..), as can be seen in the video.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ this happens aaaall the time when you spam the keybind so hard
    at first i thought it is about lag or ping but even with 50 ping it still happens.

takes about 5 seconds to come back to normal, and when it comes back to normal you get billions of damage prompt and all those skipped animations playing in 1 milisecond, and so it starts eating your fps and creates lag
    Edited by Soris on February 28, 2018 9:22PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

Even with good fps and ping, sweeps sometimes bug out. You get a damage prompt a while later ("a while" meaning, sometimes it's 15 seconds, sometimes a minute..), as can be seen in the video.

You all know I :love: my templar, but I had to laugh at this.

I thought I paused the video until that one little meek "poosh" sound at the 0:20 mark registered the final hit of the bugged out Puncturing Sweep attack.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

This video is hilarious. Sad, but hilarious.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a video of just what is happening after Monday's wonderful patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRrJZIwSBuI
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is broken about it? Details would help.

Just posted a video in this thread. Templar was working great after update 17 until the small patch on Monday, the 26th. Now we have this. Ugh.
    Edited by Trinity_Is_My_Name on March 1, 2018 1:00AM