Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Power Leveling Quickest Way?

imUllyy
imUllyy
Soul Shriven
Hi all,

Just started playing as a High Elf Templar kinda just want to know the best possibly spot for grinding XP quickly.
I have ESO plus, group and XP scrolls.

Thanks in advance.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the top 4:

1. With a partner in Skyreach Catacombs (Craglorn) ... usually called a “Skyreach Carry”. Sometimes guildies will carry you for free ... other times a small fee in gold (per level) is asked for up front.

2. Join one of the dolmen trains in Alik’r or Auridon. NOTE: This type of XP acceleration can get boring ... you may lose the will to live. But, there’s almost always a group going ... and the players are friendly.

3. Public Dungeons - At least there’s some variety here ... my personal favorite is Old Orsinium. Don’t forget the skyshards and group event skill points.

4. Imperial City - Good XP, Good Tel Var, and some occasional PvP to keep it exciting. It’s pretty underrated IMO. Bonus: Also levels up your Fighter’s Guild really quickly.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 21, 2017 9:27AM
  • imUllyy
    imUllyy
    Soul Shriven
    Here are the top 4:

1. With a partner in Skyreach Catacombs (Craglorn) ... usually called a “Skyreach Carry”. Sometimes guildies will carry you for free ... other times a small fee in gold (per level) is asked for up front.

2. Join one of the dolmen trains in Alik’r or Auridon. NOTE: This type of XP acceleration can get boring ... you may lose the will to live. But, there’s almost always a group going ... and the players are friendly.

3. Public Dungeons - At least there’s some variety here ... my personal favorite is Old Orsinium. Don’t forget the skyshards and group event skill points.

4. Imperial City - Good XP, Good Tel Var, and some occasional PvP to keep it exciting. It’s pretty underrated IMO. Bonus: Also levels up your Fighter’s Guild really quickly.

A good build that I should follow would also be highly appreciated. There so many. High Elf Magicka Templar mainly DPS.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    I personally found the Public Dungeon Forgotten Wastes in Vvardenfell (if you have Morrowind) much more enjoyable than grinding Dolmen all the time. However, I'd start here after level 15 as it requires some Mob management.

Furthermore, I assume you are also using the Bottomless Mug for the extra 100% exp bonus from the new life event?

For builds, I recommend Deltia and Alcast, both on their respective websites.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always run public dungeons, and try to do almost all off them, few anchors nearby too and so you are lvl 50 in short time
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeons work well, more fun than dolmens.
    You also want an daily random dungeon, that give 2-3 levels.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    You also want an daily random dungeon, that give 2-3 levels.

How so? I'm getting under 2 levels per dungeon run, even with the festival bonus and ESO plus.

Ahhh --- some people also take XP-boosting drinks to help them along ...

Edited by FrancisCrawford on December 21, 2017 1:18PM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have someone who can carry you through Skyreach Catacombs multiple times - then it's your best choice. Unlock your Fighters Guild skill line before you start since there are tons of undead and you can max this skill line even before you reach lvl 50. From my experience, it's over 10 levels per hour (if you do this with just one person - the more players in a grp, the less exp you get).

If you don't have an opportunity to grind Skyreach, then I recommend Spellscar - there are many people as well so you can just join the zerg and kill the mobs faster :)

Otherwise... dolmens in Alikir Desert, zombie spots in Alikir Desert, Coldharbour or Greenshade, public dungeons. Other than that... nMA is a pretty nice source of exp and it's not that boring. Also random normals once per day.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few thoughts besides the ones above:
    • You need skill points anyway. So doing as many public dungeons as possible is a great idea.
    • Similarly, random normal dungeon will get you a number of dungeon skill points.
    • The first time you do a dolmen you get a lot of extra XP from it.
    • If you can get into a large guild, jumping to guild members gets you a lot of wayshrines, which is useful. You also can sometimes jump straight to a public dungeon. And up to Level 4 or 5, the XP from discovering the new wayshrine actually matters.
    • Quest turn in and wayshrine jumping can be done with any skill bars you want, so you can level skills and skill lines at your discretion. By way of contrast, when you gain XP by killing something you level the bar you're doing the killing on.
    • Similarly, when a dolmen is finished, it can be a good idea to flip to your back bar so as to get the XP on that bar.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually grind to 50 in normal Maelstrom Arena then top that off with dolmens for leveling class and weapon skills. I've only done Skyreach a couple of times out of curiosity but I've found it boring and not much faster. Skyreach is 1 level every ~10 minutes, Maelstrom lasts ~45 minutes and you gain at least 4 levels per run; at lower levels I was able to gain as many as 7. I still don't understand why people still prefer Skyreach.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • imUllyy
    imUllyy
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys! Appreciate your all.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I usually grind to 50 in normal Maelstrom Arena then top that off with dolmens for leveling class and weapon skills. I've only done Skyreach a couple of times out of curiosity but I've found it boring and not much faster. Skyreach is 1 level every ~10 minutes, Maelstrom lasts ~45 minutes and you gain at least 4 levels per run; at lower levels I was able to gain as many as 7. I still don't understand why people still prefer Skyreach.

Yesterday I levelled up my templar from lvl 20 to 50 and my NB from lvl 35 to 47 in about 4h. That is 42 levels within 4h. And the Fighters Guild skill line from 0 to 10 on both toons.

In Skyreach ;-)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »

Yesterday I levelled up my templar from lvl 20 to 50 and my NB from lvl 35 to 47 in about 4h. That is 42 levels within 4h. And the Fighters Guild skill line from 0 to 10 on both toons.

In Skyreach ;-)

I was already at level 42 and 43 when I started it and it only went like 1 level per run. I was at 46 after 3 or 4 runs; same went for the other guy who was with me, he went from level 47 to 50. Maybe it's more effective at lower levels. MA was 6 or 7 levels on 1st run, and then it was pretty consistent at 4. I still have 2 more characters to level, stamina Templar and magicka Warden. So I'll give Skyreach a shot again. I don't even know if it's compatible with my leveling style. I have just 1, maybe 2 useful skills on my bar at any given time, and the rest are there just to get XP boost, so the DPS is very low. I also only change gear every 10 levels. For example on my Stamina Sorcerer I basically cleared nMA on bow bar only, in order to unlock Ballista as early as possible. I don't think that would have worked in Skyreach, where there are tons of mobs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imUllyy wrote: »
    A good build that I should follow would also be highly appreciated. There so many. High Elf Magicka Templar mainly DPS.

The main requirement for gear is to make sure all pieces have the ‘training’ trait (including weapons).

After that, there’s a lot of leeway for you to choose whatever you want ... as long as the sets make sense and fit your playstyle. The external websites listed above do have a lot of info.

As an example, I’m leveling up a Dunmer Magicka Sorc (pictured below) right now. The sets she is using to level are Axiom (x5) and Elf Bane (x5). The XP boost with the Holiday Event is remarkable timing ... don’t forget it.

LX7jMQF.jpg
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this your first char? If so, make sure to learn to actually play the game along just grinding up your level. I've seen so many max CP players lately in dungeon runs doing very poorly in their respective role, it's not funny anymore. :(

Like a tank dying repeatedly in the black circles of FG2's end boss, or CP600+ DDs that do like less than half of the DPS I did when leveling up my magplar and listing as healer in a random normal.

Edited by Loc2262 on December 21, 2017 4:06PM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    If its your first character I recommend leveling up through quests because they also give Skillpoints AND the quests and stories are actually pretty good. Otherwise here:
    https://youtu.be/uVS_kF8a_ls
    https://youtu.be/_lkZXS02hac
    Edited by Alcast on December 21, 2017 4:31PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I actually level up my alts mostly through quests, dolmens and random dungeons. Pure grinding is just too boring, and it doesn't give you skill points. During a 100% XP bonus event like now, going through the main quest and maybe part of Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, Wrothgar etc., and doing daily random normal gets you to level 40+.

For the last 5-7 levels I usually pop an XP scroll or pot and go to Coldharbour (Cliffs of Failure quest zone). :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • MaDGaR
    MaDGaR
    ✭✭
    Leveling fast and CP points always great idea, however if it is your first character just play the game, quest, explore, do your daily dungeon.

If you are anything like me you are a skill point ***. how to max out skill points quest and explore entire areas and getting those shards, do dungeons, do public dungeons and of course the delves. First character you make you should always quest, maybe even aim for caldwells helmet.

You just benefit from this you get titles, gold, skill points, rep, achivements = titles, and lets not forget colors of dyes.

if it is not your first character then you can fund your alts with gear and your xp boosters to the end of the moon. my first and main character is a master crafter and now has two specs tank and dps. Takes a lot of time and work to max out your skill points. just to grind 1-50, you are missing out on skill lines skill points etc....

point is first character I do not recommend this. Also I personally prefer lv49 or less pvp than the other campaigns.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    For builds, I recommend Deltia and Alcast, both on their respective websites.

I used to use Deltia and Alcast but Deltia does not have near the amount of content that he used to. I was pointed in the direction of Woeler by many here and these builds seem pretty easy to follow without too much jargon in the sense of mechanics and procs and what not. I feel like to follow Deltia, I need an ESO dictionary to understand half of the things he says lol. Woeler is easier to follow imo.

PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31