The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mum owns a Hlaalu Sette, Polished — IRL!

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Something cool I thought I'd share. The resemblance is striking!

xe8xqizv962u.png

eso-hlaalu-sette-polished-2.jpg
Image credit: eso.mmo-fashion.com
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I know a chair is a chair and all that, but these styles are freaky close to each other.

Do you happen to know where she got it? I know a couple of people who might be interested in that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a cushioned version at Homegoods, I had the same reaction when I first saw it
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome! I want one for my IRL home!
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    The similarity really is remarkable!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You folks do realize that Tamriel is heavily modeled after Earth, yes?

There are very few things in game for which their isn't a reasonable facsimile in Earth history.

My guess is it has something to do with Chim, but it might have to do with ease.
  • Thehartclan
    Thehartclan
    ✭✭✭
    The furniture like this in game is based on some tradition Indian and Asian-Pacific influenced furniture styles.

You can buy them from various retailers online, such as the one below.

https://m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-maharani-curved-3-seater-dining-bench-dark-stain/p1151322
    The Hart Clan

Atelier: Exquisite Homesteads, Facilitator
    New Scrolls Order - Admin Officer

9 Trait Crafter/ Furniture Expert / Housing Expert
    Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

PSN: The-J-Hart Server: PS4 NA
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll take one with the green cushion added.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    Something cool I thought I'd share. The resemblance is striking!

xe8xqizv962u.png

eso-hlaalu-sette-polished-2.jpg
    Image credit: eso.mmo-fashion.com

Hey! That's pretty awesome! So who came up with the idea first?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nestor

One of the neighbours threw it out (can't imagine why, since it seems to be in perfect condition), and my mum decided to pick it up!

We believe it's an Indonesian design, but other than that I have no idea where to find one.
    Edited by TheYKcid on February 27, 2018 6:51AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not Mars? Damn.

:trollface:
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    @Nestor

One of the neighbours threw it out (can't imagine why, since it seems to be in perfect condition), and my mum decided to pick it up!

We believe it's an Indonesian design, but other than that I have no idea where to find one.

Yup, I've been told it's a curved 'Java (teak) bench', though I've also been able to find it online as a Bali bench.

Either way, one version of it can be found here, for the real loregeeks who can't live without one:
    (https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-maharani-curved-3-seater-dining-bench-dark-stain/p1151322
    http://www.paraphernaliauk.com/java-teak-range/java-teak-curved-bench-seat-dark-finish)
    Mind you, this was just a quick google search and there are most probably waaay cheaper alternatives around. ;)
    Edited by Saturnana on February 27, 2018 7:25AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much of the Vvardenfell furniture has been inspired, or directly copied, from eastern and asian sources, both current and historical material. You can see it on these benches, on the heavy japanese influence, especially all the lotuses, on the historically accurate pellet making tool and in lots of other places. As long as it's kept within the setting of the game and the race, Dunmer aren't asians after all, even though some elements of their culture may be inspired from the region, I think it's a pretty cool feature. It also makes the homes decorated with these furnishings seem more real and lived in, at least that's the feeling I get from a lot of places on Vvardenfell. Again kudos to the design team, you guys really deserve more praise.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Nice. I know a chair is a chair and all that, but these styles are freaky close to each other.

Do you happen to know where she got it? I know a couple of people who might be interested in that.

From stabbing a guy, duh. That's where all the good stuff comes from.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soooooo.. where can i buy telvanni furnitures irl?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are very few things in game for which their isn't a reasonable facsimile in Earth history.

My guess is it has something to do with Chim, but it might have to do with ease.
    Ah, that explains the Dark Anchor spawn I heard on the way into work.

Edit: Turns out it was just a train... :(

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    soooooo.. where can i buy telvanni furnitures irl?

If you look at places that make furniture from the naturally shaped wood from trees, you'll find stuff that looks a lot like Telvanni furnishings.

http://www.rockymountaindecor.com/Teak-Furniture
    5507_thumbnail.jpg
    5840_thumbnail.jpg

https://www.indonesiateakfurniture.com/p4-5-teak-tree-wood-bench.html
    indonesia-teak-root-p4-3.jpg

Others that are pretty cool looking:
    bbaa6d80d6bb411310173949d2c24f34.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg7e7f83f071d503772d2b2b827eb0737c--rustic-bedroom-furniture-cabin-furniture.jpg
    45eda6800b4bb2dbc35c10c7a9d59030--rustic-bedroom-furniture-log-furniture.jpg