The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Screaming Cliff Racer damage

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
I wonder why, if the tooltip says "dealing 7339 Magic Damage", it deals only ~6700 basic non-crit damage, multiple times when the ability is spammed. I checked it's not the issue of any personal buffs/debuffs. I was dealing damage to dreughs in Vvardenfell's delves and base damage was always lower than the tooltip says.
If it isn't "up to 7339", shouldn't it deal not less than 7339?

Maybe the morph is bugged. Instead of "Deals up to 15% more damage based on how far away the enemy is" it deals up to 15% less damage based on the distance? ;)
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Target Resistances
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mobs in this game have armor. In overland content, which you are doing, it is 9100, which equals 18.2% damage reduction. Now you are only seeing a ~9% damage reduction (6700/7300= .91) because there is a passive that you probably have in the light armor skill tree that gives you 4884 spell penetration for having five light amor pieces on, meaning you gain back ~9% for just having five Armor on.

So no bug here.move along.

Also not sure how you have almost 2k comments on this forum and not know these basic facts. Really astounding.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 28, 2018 11:16AM