Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jack Iprit's guide for Sorcerer Healers to Veteran Trials

troomar
troomar
✭✭✭✭
Important note!.

This guide has NOT been updated for Summerset update, since I don't play sorcerer healer anymore (I switched to DK healer). Therefore is it considered outdated and should NOT be relied on anymore. However, most of the information here will still be somewhat usable. The main changes with Summerset are:
- Staves count as 2-piece bonus
- Olorime healing set has been introduced to the game and caused noticeable shift in healing meta

I had my theorycrafting done for Summerset update though, you can see it here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5148670/#Comment_5148670.
Use it at your own risk :)

Acknowledgement
This guide uses my own modification of Tasear's Sorcerer Healer Build for 4-man dungeons.

While I make some changes to the build itself and probably approach and play it a bit differently, all credits for the build itself go to Tasear and her "Dark Priestess" build https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349428/sorcerer-healers-collection-the-dungeon-edition#latest and tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dark-priestess-pug-proof/

F.A.Q.
Q: Will I use animation canceling as a healer?
A: Yes, learn it, do it.

In the spoiler you can see my current CP distribution and statistics

TgVxzPq.jpg

Skills
Main Bar
WiOSRK1.png
  • Combat Prayer - Big burst heal + a great buff for 6 people if front of you.
  • Empowered Ward - Minor Intellect for you and your party. I also gives you around 13k+ damage shield. But don't overuse it, it's a huge Magicka drainer.
  • Healing Springs - AOE Heal over Time + Magicka management for anyone standing inside the first hit. Your second(!) best heal.
  • Summon Twilight Matriarch - The best burst heal in the game. It heals two other targets (apart from the Matriarch itself) with lowest amount of Health. Learn to use it efficiently.
  • Mutagen - Another strong Heal over Time skill. Try to keep it up as much as you can, but drop it if you really need to burst heal (execute phases)
  • Overload - Our strongest weapon as sorcerers. It gives us third bar, so we have to use it. It's important to keep it on bar 1, so the switching on and off is smooth and fast.

No Inner Light. We get Major Prophecy bonus from potions and the Magicka bonus (7%) is not that great to drop one of the best heal over time skills.

Back Bar
N5ySymc.png
  • Boundless Storm - Major Ward + Major Resolve + Major Expedition. Try to keep 100% uptime
  • Energy Orb - Our main heal! This skill is perfect, strong heal, great utility. It's so strong when your party is dispersed. Just learn how to sustain it and you're gold.
  • Elemental Drain - Major Breach and Minor Magickasteal. The latter is the important one.
  • Summon Twilight Matriarch
  • Circle of Preservation - The main reason why I went up with stamina and why I keep infused + tri-stat enchantments on my head and legs pieces. With my build, I can sustain this skill on reuse and keep 100% uptime and still have enough stamina for roll-dodge or break free. This skill is perfect for boss fights where your team is stacked on the same place.
  • Aggressive Horn - Boost for your team.

In HoF, slot Efficient Purge instead of Bone Surge for 1st and 3rd boss. In SO, slot Absorption Shield for corridor fights. If you have to run Warhorn, slot it instead of Atronach.

Overload Bar
NhBJAFb.png
  • Boundless Storm - Try to keep it up as much as you can. Use it before the fight and whenever you have time during the fight.
  • Lightning flood - I don't use this often, but extra synergy can be useful when you need an extra heal from Twilight Remedy. Place it next to the tank.
  • Sanguine Altar - Cast it before the fight and in all corridor fights. Use it also when your team is spread out and you can afford the cast time.
  • Summon Twilight Matriarch
  • Dark Conversion - Use it between fight (or between stages in corridor fights). Try to combine it with Boundless Storm and Sanguine Altar, but never use it during the fight.
  • Overload

This is your utility bar and your can place whatever you want here.

Lesson 0. Introduction - When and how to start healing veteran trials, how to improve?

When?

The short answer is whenever you feel ready and whenever you have a party willing to take you in.

Generally, you should be comfortable in healing vet dungeons with hard modes (preferably DLC ones). I also suggest to run normal trials couple of times. The problem is that neither of them won't really prepare you for vet trials. The reasons are:

■ 1. DLC vet dungeons HM are hard enough to test your abilities, but they provide different experience from veteran trials.
■ 2. Normal trials provide similar experience, but are too easy to test your readiness.

Add 1) As a healer in 4-man content, your responsibility is to heal, buff, debuff, and also add some damage. However, not always in this order. With a good party and good DPS, your main role will be to buff your DDs and then add some damage and heal. With lower DPS, your main role will be to provide additional damage and then buff and heal. And only sometimes your main role will be to heal. Also skills that are very useful and strong in 4-man content (Mutagen, Matriarch), are situational in trials and sometimes plain useless.
Add 2) Normal trials will show you that healing and buffing is your main role and responsibility, but the lack of real danger will not help you to improve your awareness. In normal trials, a lot of mechanics are simply skipped or not strong enough to give a real feed back on your abilities.

How do I know I'm good? How to improve?

1. Healing aspect.

If you're not on PC/MAC, your only feed back is that your party is alive. On PC, run Combat Metrics (or something similar) to analyze your healing output and targets.

■ HPS

From my experience, 42k HPS (heal per second) is enough to keep your party alive. In the hardest parts I can go up to 60-70k HPS.

■ Overhealing

HPS is a good sign, but it can be a sign of overhealing and thus under-performance. Also healing nobody but yourself will also add HPS, but is plain useless. While you will be most of the time the most healed target, you shouldn't be far from others. If you received 1,5M Health during the fight and the second one just 500k, there was something wrong with your healing.

■ Damage mitigation

Additionally to your healing you should be able to mitigate the damage another way. Run Circle of Protection, run Restoration Staff Ultimate, run Monster sets like Thorvokun or whatever helps your team. You should be able to provide Circle of Preservation for some phases. Your 13k+ stamina is enough to do that and still block heal through execute phases.

2. Buffing / debuffing aspect.

Watch your buffs uptime. From my experience:
■ SPC uptime should be around 80%. It depend on the trial and the fight of course, but if you're going below 60%, there was something wrong.
■ Combat prayer should be near 100%, but anything above 90% is good enough.
■ Elemental drain should be 100%, anything else is unacceptable.

3. Supporting aspect.

Supporting your team with resources is a very important part of trial healing. Again, from my experience, the sign that you're providing enough orbs is that you can pop up orbs from the other healer. Because that meant that nobody could pop the orb and thus nobody needed it. Usually I provide 3-5 orbs in 10 second (which is 6-10 orbs in 20 second - global cool-down limit). Be aware where you send your orbs. Always send some in the tank direction.

What trial should I start with?

Generally, people will say that vAA is the easiest trial of them all. But this is mostly from DPS / whole team perspective. And healer's perspective is a bit different.

For me the order is like this:
vAS(+0) -> vHRC -> vAA -> vMoL -> vSO

But remember this is from healer's perspective. It doesn't mean that vMoL is easier than vSO, because it's not. vMoL is full of mechanics, full of DPS checks and full of hard corridor fights. It's also very hard trial for tanks. But from healer's perspective, there is nothing special and some boss fights, while heavy in mechanics (Twins), are rather laughable to heal.

Lesson 1. Equipment setups: (6 Light, 1 Heavy)
There are few options, but for veteran trials it probably won't be you who decides what you're going to use. There are basically 4 sets (along with SPC) that you will be asked to wear, so you need them all.

■ Spell Power Cure + Twilight Remedy
■ Spell Power Cure + Worm Cult
■ Spell Power Cure + Healing Mage (Mending)
■ Spell Power Cure + Infallible Aether

Eventually, you want all these sets fully golden, but the best, cheapest, and easiest to switch combination is:
  • (Shoulders) Domihaus Pauldron, Heavy - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Primary Weapon) Spell Power Cure Restoration Staff - Powered, Weapon Damage Enchantment
  • (Secondary Weapon) Spell Power Cure Lightning Staff - Decisive, Weapon Damage Enchantment
  • (Head) Spell Power Cure Hat, Light - Infused, Tri-stat Enchantment
  • (Chest) Spell Power Cure Robe, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Legs) Spell Power Cure Breeches, Light - Infused, Tri-stat Enchantment
  • (Hand) Spell Power Cure Gloves, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Waist) Sash of Twilight Remedy, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Feet) Shoes of Twilight Remedy, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Neck) Necklace of Twilight Remedy - Arcane, Spell Damage Enchantment
  • (Ring) Ring of Twilight Remedy - Arcane, Spell Damage Enchantment
  • (Ring) Ring of Twilight Remedy - Arcane, Magicka Recovery Enchantment
  • (Waist) Sash of the Worm Cult, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Feet) Shoes of the Worm Cult, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Neck) Necklace of the Worm Cult - Arcane, Spell Damage Enchantment
  • (Ring) Ring of the Worm Cult - Arcane, Spell Damage Enchantment
  • (Ring) Ring of the Worm Cult - Arcane, Magicka Recovery Enchantment
  • (Waist) Sash of Mending, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Feet) Shoes of Mending, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Neck) Necklace of Mending - Arcane, Spell Damage Enchantment
  • (Ring) Ring of Mending - Arcane, Spell Damage Enchantment
  • (Ring) Ring of Mending - Arcane, Magicka Recovery Enchantment
  • (Waist) Sash of the Infallible Aether, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Feet) Shoes of the Infallible Aether, Light - Divines, Max Magicka
  • (Neck) Necklace of the Infallible Aether - Arcane, Spell Damage Enchantment
  • (Ring) Ring of the Infallible Aether - Arcane, Magicka Recovery Enchantment (!)
  • (Ring) Ring of the Infallible Aether - Arcane, Magicka Recovery Enchantment

Please note that Infallible Aether has a different enchantment setup for jewelries.

The reason, why I want to switch jewelries, is that I can get golden jewelries for Mending, Twilight Remedy, and Infallible Aether. Also the tri-stat enchantment on Head and Chest parts cost some gold, so I want to keep it simple.

Instead of 5-5-1 set bonuses, you may want to wear 5-5-2, but honestly I don't recommend it. The point is that you will stay on your Primary Weapon most of the time, so Twilight Remedy and Worm Cult is out of question. Mending could work with Energy Orbs, and Infallible Aether could also theoretically work with you doing the heavy attack on Lightning Staff. But the problem is that you don't want to do heavy attacks on Lightning Staff, because you're not getting anything out of it.

Lesson 2. Rotations - patterns
Ok, as a healer, you don't really have a fixed rotation, so you can't just smash the keyboard and tunnel vision heal your party to the end, but that doesn't mean you can push random buttons and be done with it. There is something I call "patterns". If you connect these patterns, you will get your full rotation, but it won't happen in trials, so don't bother trying it (I will show you in the end anyway).

Pattern 1 - Opener
■ Elemental Drain -> Ring of Preservation -> Elemental Orb -> (swap)
This rotation requires you moving and casting the skills at the same time. You may also jump while moving.

The execution looks like this:
  • 1) Move forward to the boss and cast elemental drain at the same time. You should arrive to the boss' feet when you finish the casting.
  • 2) Now press the button with Ring of Preservation skill and start moving backward. Don't do it the other way. Casting the skill has some delay and you want to put the circle under your tank and your melee DPS. But don't dwell near the boss for a long time, you can't heal your party during this time.
  • 3) When you arrive at your standard healing spot, cast Elemental Orb. It heals and the tank will be happy to restore some resources after the initial taunt. Don't cast it to early or your tank won't have much time to touch the ball.

Use this rotation as an opener to the boss fight and whenever the Ring of Preservation ends. Try to keep 100% uptime, but don't cast it too often.

Pattern 2 - Major Mending Madness (MMM)
■ (v1) Heavy attack -> Healing Springs -> Healing Springs -> Healing Springs
or
■ (v2) Heavy attack -> Combat Prayer -> Healing Springs -> Healing Springs
Your only source of Major Mending is the heavy attack from the Resto Staff. And while you have this 3-second buff, you want to use it for your heals as much as you can. This pattern is very useful for execution phases where you need a lot of healing output to keep your party alive. The version with Combat Prayer is slightly better (use animation cancelling), but also a slightly harder to use. This rotation does not require moving.

Pattern 3 - Be Cool
■ (v1) Overload -> Boundless Storm -> Overload -> Mutagen
or
■ (v2) Overload -> Boundless Storm -> Liquid Lightning -> Overload -> Mutagen
or
■ (v3) Overload -> Boundless Storm -> Sanguine Altar -> Overload -> Mutagen
This pattern gives you Major Expedition, Major Ward, and Major Resolve. That's cool, but your healing output is 0, which makes the people lying dead on the ground less cool. I use this pattern after MMM (Major Manding Madness) or when I need to run fast. The third version also use Sanguine Altar, which is a pretty cool looking skill. However, it takes 1.5s to cast it, so your movement will be restricted. Or not? Well, that's what Major Expedition is great for. I don't recommend jumping when you cast this skill though.

Pattern 4 - Nobody Gonna Believe This
■ Mutagen -> Mutagen -> Mutagen -> Mutagen -> Mutagen -> Mutagen
Before you use your Opener pattern, use this. Well, that's nothing special, right? No it's not, what makes it special is to use it during the fight. Don't underestimate the healing output of this skill. It also helps to proc the SPC buff. And it's also your main healing pattern for Asylum Sanctorium trial. It's also a button a sometimes call "I have nothing better to do". Use it carefully though.

Pattern 5 - Speed Run Cheater
■ (v1) Overload -> Dark Conversion -> Boundless Storm -> Dark Conversion -> Overload
or
■ (v2) Overload -> Boundless Storm -> Twilight Matriarch -> Dark Conversion ... -> Twilight Matriarch -> Dark Conversion ... -> Twilight Matriarch -> Dark Conversion -> Overload
Version 1 of this pattern is great between fights. I don't recommend using it anywhere else. If you have Magicka issues, learn to play. Jumping doesn't require Magicka. Version 2 is great when you want to ignore trash mobs and just run through them (and kill them when they arrive later)

Pattern 6 - Buff 'em All
■ (v1) Combat Prayer -> Combat Prayer -> Empowered Ward
or
■ (v2) Combat Prayer -> Empowered Ward -> Healing Springs
Secondary effects of skills can affect maximum of 6 people, so you need to cast it twice. The second version is great when you combine it with Major Mending Madness version 2.

Lesson 3. Rotations - Combination of patterns
Patterns described in Lesson 2 can be performed on their own, but the main point is their combination.

Combo 1
■ (v1) Buff 'em all v1 -> Major Manding Madness v1 -> Mutagen -> (rinse and repeat)
or
■ (v2) Buff 'em all v2 -> Major Manding Madness v2 -> Mutagen -> (rinse and repeat)
This is your biggest healing output. Fully sustainable with potions. No orbs though. Version 2 is slightly harder to perform, but it has better Minor Berserk uptime. Major Mending uptime is around 36%. Going up with the uptime, skipping some skills in the rotation, doesn't increase the healing output.

Combo 2
■ Major Manding Madness v1 -> Combat Prayer -> Empowered Ward -> (rinse and repeat)
This is closer to an "emergency" rotation full of Healing Springs most of healers use when they need to heal their ass off. It has worse healing output than the Combo 1, but due to Major Manding uptime going up to 50%, it's much easier to use it during hard phases.

Combo 3
■ Buff 'em all v1 -> Major Manding Madness v1 -> Mutagen -> (Mutagen) -> (Bone Shield) -> Energy Orb -> (rinse and repeat)
This is an easy rotation with a lot of healing output. The healing output comes 50:50 from Healing Springs and Energy Orbs. Cast Bone Shield every second rotation if you have it on bar instead of Boundless Storm. You can go with double Mutagen cast in this rotation.

Full Rotation
■ Opener -> Buff 'em all v1 (v2) -> Major Manding Madness v1 (v2) -> Be cool (v1) -> Mutagen -> (swap) -> Elemental Orb -> (swap) -> Buff 'em all v1 (v2) -> Major Manding Madness v1 (v2) -> Mutagen -> (swap) ---> (Rinse and repeat)
As I said, you won't be able to perform full rotation, because you always have to react to the situation, but it's really useful to know when you can take the risk and perform Be Cool pattern, or when you can reapply Mutagen.

Last trick - Resurrection animation canceling
This is something people don't talk about, because animation canceling is a DPS thingie, right? Well, there is a trick you can use to your, and your party, advantage.
How to execute this trick:
  • 1) Cast Healing Springs on yourself while having resurrection option available
  • 2) Press resurrection at the same time as you cast Healing Springs. The game registers this action and starts performing the resurrection. Your character will be casting Healing Springs and immediately after that will start resurrecting the target, but the counter will already be at one third. And that's free Healing Springs for you :)

Lesson 4. Rotations - Video examples
Full Rotation
■ Elemental Drain -> Ring of Preservation -> Elemental Orb -> (swap) -> Combat Prayer* -> Combat Prayer* -> Empowered Ward* -> (Heavy attack) -> Healing Springs -> Healing Springs -> Overload -> Boundless Storm -> Overload -> Mutagen -> (swap) -> Elemental Orb -> (swap) -> Combat Prayer* -> Combat Prayer* -> Empowered Ward* -> (Heavy attack) -> Healing Springs -> Healing Springs -> Mutagen -> (swap) ---> (Rinse and repeat)

Real Rotation
■ Elemental Drain -> Ring of Preservation ->

[Elemental Orb -> Elemental Orb -> (swap) -> Combat Prayer -> Healing Springs -> (Heavy attack) -> Healing Springs] 3x

Rinse and repeat

Lesson 5. vAA
The way to the first boss
Recommended sets: SPC + Twilight Remedy
To get through the fire, use patterns Nobody Gonna Believe This or Speed Run Cheater v2. To fight the atros on the way, just use standard Real Rotation.

First boss
Recommended sets: SPC + Infallible Aether
During the fight where people are stacked together, use standard Real Rotation. When the phase with yellow circles begins, use your shield to survive and 1 or 2 Matriarch heals. When you stand in the circle to wait until the phase ends, use Nobody Gonna Believe This, and then immediately Be Cool v3. Time it so your arrive at boss' feet at the same time you finish casting Sanguine Altar. You can also use Speed Run Cheater v1 when you're waiting in the yellow circle. Rinse and repeat through the whole fight.

First group split (right side)
Recommended sets: SPC + Mending
It's the hardest fight in the whole trial. Use your standard Real Rotation and be ready to overheal the Recharger.

First group split (left side)
Nothing special, use your standard Real Rotation.

Second boss
Generally approach the same pattern as during the first boss. During the phase where you are stacked together, use standard Real Rotation. During the phase where the boss throws stone at random people and your party is dispersed in the area, use Nobody Gonna Believe This, Matriarch heals, and finally Be Cool v3. You may have time for Speed Run Cheater v1 here.

Second group split (right side)
Recommended sets: Naked + Broom + Bucket
Apply Elemental Drain on the mobs a use /sitchair.

Second group split (left side)
Nothing special, use your standard Real Rotation.

Third boss
Again, during the stacked phase use standard Real Rotation. When the shadows spawn and your team split up into groups of two, circle around the boss and use Buff 'em All v2 (without the Hardened Ward) + Energy Orb for every group. You can usually buff 3 groups. Because you generally don't need to heal them, you have time to buff them and provide resources. On your way back after all shadows are killed, use Hardened Ward (for the explosion) and our famous Be Cool v3.

Last boss
Now, this is a bit complicated, because every healer has it's own role. One healer heals the tank and provides him resources, the other healer heals everyone else and provides resources to them. The problem is that this arena is bugged and your Energy Orbs won't travel to the tank. So there must be literally one healer standing next to the tank and keeping him alive. I manage the team role, so I will provide the strategy for this one. I don't care about the tank or the second healer at all, and my heals go up to 90% or party heals, because the other healer takes care of the tank only. So be ready it's only you who keeps your DPS up. Your position is at the edge of the circle on the other side from the entrance. You must see and be in Energy Orbs touch from each of your team, especially your melee stamina DPS.

Because you will stand on the opposite side from your tank, you have some DDs on your left side, some DDs on your right side and some DDs in front of you. The healing strategy is pretty simple, use your standard Real Rotation with this modifications:
- Don't use Ring of Preservation, use Bone Shield instead.
- Use triple Energy Orbs. One to the left side, one to the right side and one to the middle. Your Healing Springs go always to the middle.
- Don't use Nobody Gonna Believe This. You need to set up your HoTs steadily and even if you think you don't need to produce more Energy Orbs, it's not true.

Before the execute phase (15% HP), try to get your Magicka to full. Keep Boundless Storm up all the time and spam Healing Springs and Combat Prayer. Opener helps too.

Lesson 6. vHRC
The way to the first boss
Run with your team up on the landing spot behind pillars. Try to stay hidden behind while you heal. There is nothing special, so use your standard Real Rotation.

First boss
At the beginning, when your team is stacked on one place, use Opener and standard Real Rotation. It's useful to keep Boundless Storm up 100% time. When your team is spread out (spinning attack around 33% of his Health), use Energy orbs to heal. That's why we use Twilight Remedy for such fights. If you can, help melee fighters with Opener pattern.

Split part - left side
Now the fun begins. Hel Ra Citadel is probably the easiest trial, but the split part is really fun for us healers. And I really mean fun, because there is a lot you can do. And we will use almost all of our patterns.

The first part, where you have to deal with Gargoyles, use Opener and standard Real Rotation. Because the incoming damage is not high and the only mechanic is to avoid red circles, use Be Cool v3 and Nobody Gonna Believe This. When you get behind the gates and start killing waves of enemies, use the same approach as in vAA on the last boss. Try to stay at the back of your team somewhere in the middle, so everyone is in touch of your Energy Orbs. Because I have Twilight Remedy, I get a lot of heal from my orbs. Use Be Cool v3 on reuse, you can also use Opener for yourself, but check your stamina to be able to roll dodge. Keep Bounless Storm up 100% time. This fight is long, but this way you can easily achieve no-death run.

For the boss part, there is nothing special and nothing different for us healers. Continue with the strategy described above.

Split part - right side
The right side is much harder than the left side. On the way to the final boss, there is nothing special, so just use Opener and your standard Real Rotation.

During the boss fight, don't use Opener, because you team will be mostly running from place to place. When the boss split himself, stay in the middle and use Nobody Gonna Believe This. Also be ready to use your Matriarch a lot. It's a strong heal and very useful here. The last thing you have to do is to apply Minor Vulnerability with your Infallible Aether set. So do your 1-second heavy attack to every copy of the boss. If you have any spare time, use some orbs, but I usually do it during the phase before the boss split himself.

I also suggest to wait with Warhorn for the split phase. The fight itself is not hard if everyone knows what to do, but it's hard to recover from deaths, because you may die if nobody bashes the copies instead of your dead DPS.

Mobs on stairs after regrouping
This is the hardest fight of this trial. The key is to keep your tanks alive and with resources. Try to convince your DPS they shouldn't stack or run on the stairs.

The strategy is simple, stay in the middle and block cast Healing Springs. The only real danger is if you get near the gargoyles. After the initial hard phase, watch and support the tank with gargoyles.

Last boss
For this fight I recommend swapping Circle of Preservation with Bone Shield.

For the first phase, before he goes to kill the statue, use you standard Real Rotation and avoid red circles. When he goes and shatter the statue (the damage buff disappear), watch your tank. There is special attack "thousand cuts". You have to heal your tank as much as you can. Try to provide him with Bone Shield.

During the execute phase (red circles under your feet), some healers say they use Healing Springs, some say they use Breath of Life (weaker version of Matriarch heal). I prefer Healing Springs with occasional Matriarch heals. But to be able to execute Healing Springs, you must stay somewhere in the middle of your team.

Lesson 7. vAS (+0)

Left boss
There is nothing special about this boss for healers, so use standard Real Rotation. Opener can be used too.

Right boss
This is the fight where the boss jumps on the person, who is farthest away, and creates a big deadly poison there. So it's up to us healers to stay farthest from the group. One healer stands on the left side, the other on the right side. This fight requires a lot of roll dodging, so ... that's absolutely no problem for us Bosmers :)) This is the part where you can shine. Show off! The key part is to keep your Boundless Storm up 100% time, you can even try to keep Major Expedition uptime more than usual. The point is that after the jump and your roll dodge, Major Expedition will help you to get away and to position yourself properly. This is important because the boss can jump more often after short period leaving two big poison AOEs on the ground. Keep an eye on your position not to stay to far away, or the boss would reset.

On the healing part, this is a bit tricky, because you have to stay away from your group, so Combat Prayer is out of question (you can use it for yourself to get the protection) and Orbs won't do much healing either. On the other hand, the healer on the left side (the side with the wall) can be a bit closer to the group, so he can help more. Definitely stay in touch of your Healing Springs reach and from time to time step closer to the group and send some orbs. This fight is easy on Magicka, so don't be worry and keep sending Orbs and Healing Springs.

Main boss
Long, full of mechanics, but honestly quite easy (definitely easier than vSO or the last boss in vAA). This fight feels like it was made for sorcerer healers :) Few recommendations before the fight begins:
- Swap Circle of Preservation with Efficient Purge
- Go to Vampire stage 1

Your position will be either at the back side or on the left side. The boss will be positioned on the right side from entrance, so if you stay at the back, you have exit on your left hand and entrance on your right hand. I will describe the fight from the back side.

When the boss can be damaged, stay at the back and keep sending orbs to DPS on both of your side. You can send an orb or two for the tank, but it's usually a job for the healer standing near the tank.

When the boss flights up and start spitting lightning balls on everyone, move backwards and use Nobody Gonna Believe This. Your pet will die during this attack, so immediately after the attack, re-summon her. Make sure to do it on your way back, so you do two thing at the same time.

When the boss is invincible and a shielding mob spawns, use Buff 'em All on both sides and also send some Energy Orbs.

On specific thresholds (90%, 75%, 50%, 25%) the boss will flight up and jumps in the arena. Your job is to go to the entrance and keep your DPS on this side alive. Between each jump you have time to cast two skills - choose two of these: Matriarch Heal, Healing Springs, Combat Prayer. The rest of the time, hold block. Matriarch is very useful for this phase (and generaly during the whole fight).

During the last phase, be ready to use your Purge. Try to get among other teammates so they get the cleanse too.

Generally, this fight is not hard to heal, but it's so different from other fights that it can be challenging at the beginning. Be ready to use Nobody Gonna Believe This often. Use it whenever you can. The other time send Energy Orbs. And use Matriarch the rest of the time. Standard Real Rotation is not efficient at all here.

Lesson 8. vSO

Waves before the first boss
Stay at back on the rock, use Opener and standard Real Rotation.

First boss
This boss is not hard to heal, but it's hard to keep yourself alive. The strategy for healing will be the same as last boss in vAA. Stay at the back somewhere in the middle, so you can send Energy Orbs whenever and wherever you can. Keep an eye on the tank too. There is only one thing you have to keep in mind:
- Popcorn Circles - if you get caught by this mechanic, you die. And it's not easy for the team to revive you.

Bridge + Second boss
All the way to the third boss (Ozara) I strongly recommend swapping Aggressive Horn with Negate. It will help your team tremendously. And it's also the reason I love this trial so much :) On the bridge use standard Real Rotation and keep your eye on trolls. Their pounding skill and waves can kill you.

The second boss is annoying, but nothing special. Use Opener and standard Real Rotation.

The way to Ozara
Keep using your Negate all the way up to Ozara. The real pain is to keep alive people affected by poison. It's rather group coordination issue, so there is nothing special for you as a healer.

Ozara
Before this fight, don't forget to swap Aggressive Horn back instead of Negate.

For me, this is the hardest fight of all Craglorn trials. The healing part is not that hard, but the fight is a mess because of following:
- Bugged Pin mechanics - The boss will randomly pin players and others have to unpin them. The problem is that even if you hit the synergy button and your character performs the action (and the unpinning animation), it sometimes doesn't work.
- Random element. If both you and the main tank get pinned, Ozara will probably run away to the second tank. It causes wipes.
- Difficult group coordination - the damage gets higher, the more people try to unpin you. It's nice everyone tries to save you, but they may kill you by this. Try to warn them if you see more people standing on you when you're pinned down.
- Hard fight for the off-tank - The troll is annoying and if your off-tank die, it causes wipes.

On the healing part, the main tank doesn't need that much healing, he rather needs attention. If the tank gets pinned, it should be you unpinning him. Use Resurrection animation canceling trick on this - cast Healing Springs before you hit the synergy. Use Opener for the tank and use Buff 'em All v2.

For the DPS, it's a bit hectic, because they have a lot of responsibility. Get used to the fact they will be spread out (because of the poison) and they will also switch between mobs and the boss. If they hit the boss, try to stay on the tank's right hand (your left side, it's the place where Ozara spawns). If they're killing a mob in the middle of the room (or rather on the right side), move closer to them and be on tank's left hand (right side from the door).

Generally, for the fight use standard Real Rotation, but don't use that many orbs. Use rather Healing Springs and try to create "HoT pools" It's very handy when you or someone else get pinned, because you get healed by these pools for some time. Don't underestimate the damage your DDs have to soak up.

Last boss
This boss is piece of cake. The poison phase is also quite weak and short, nothing to compare with vAA, but don't underestimate it. The only strategy you have to follow is to keep your Magicka around 30%. Don't go up. These is nothing that could surprise you and 30% is enough for the poison phase. The point to keep it down is that you have to spend you Magicka during the other mechanic. If you follow this guide, it will happen on its own.
When nothing happens, use standard Real Rotation.

Lesson 9. vMoL

Adds before the first boss
Warm up rounds. Before you engage the first adds, use Be Cool v3. Follow your group, use Opener at the Sun-Eater and keep an eye on your tanks. Using Orbs as your main heal is very effective here. Use Healing Springs to apply Mending. Do the same for all rounds.

First boss
Surprisingly, for us healers, this is the hardest boss in the trial. I will not explain mechanics, as it is covered in many other guides.

For the fight itself, use Be Cool v1 on reuse. As you will not move when healing, using Combat Prayer as a heal is not very effective. Use Orbs and Healing Springs as your heals, and Combat Prayer to buff DPS around you. Don't forget to send Orbs to tanks. Using Nobody Gonna Believe This is also useful. For the boss Shield Phase (big circles under your feet), use block casting Healing Springs. Make sure you heal everyone on your side. Don't be afraid to adjust your position during this phase. You should be able to block heal and move at the same time without any interruption.

Cleansing. This is what makes the fight hard for healers. You must cleanse yourself if the Shield Phase is coming soon (15+ seconds). If you die in the middle of the phase, you wipe. On the other hand, you mustn't cleanse yourself if the Shield Phase is just about to come (5- seconds). You just heal through the phase and then you die. Reviving you in that point is easy for the DPS. If you're cursed and decide to cleanse yourself, use Boundless Storm to reach the platform as fast as possible.

Pillars mechanics. The hardest part is to focus on the pillars, because it's really easy to keep healing and supporting your team and completely forget about this mechanic. For the healing itself, there is nothing to do.

Adds after the first boss
While still quite easy, the way to the second boss is a bit harder than to the second boss. The approach is the same. Before you engage the adds, use Be Cool v3. Use Opener, preferably at the Sun-Eater (roll dodge cost reduction), but don't hesitate to recast it if you move to another group faster. Keep your Boundless Storm 100% up, use Orbs as your main heal with Healing Spring to apply Mending, and use Be Cool v1 between each round or group of adds.

For the position, follow your DPS, but keep an eye on your tanks.

Waves of Adds before the second boss
It's getting tougher, but the approach is still the same. Use Be Cool v3 and v1 between every wave, use Opener on Sun-Eaters, Orbs, Healing Springs for Mending and Boundless Storm for the immortality.

Try to move with your group and stay behind them. Focus on your tanks way more than before, it's getting harder for them. Especially the Orbs and resources. I really mean it, Orbs are your main heal here, use it as much as you can.

Especially the last two rounds are hard for correct positioning (due to Sun-Eaters), you must be able to support your tanks all the time, and while during the first three rounds they are quite close to you, during the last two waves, you may find yourself separated from them (due to Sun-Eaters). Focus on this part and try to stay in the middle of the place. Orbs will keep DPS alive if there are enough of them :) But of course, keep your buff uptime as always (Combat Prayer).

Second boss
This boss is very heavy in mechanics, but quite easy to heal. Your job is to not screw up the mechanics, because you must coordinate with the second healer.

During the fight, always stay behind the boss (sure, Captain Obvious), but try to stay close to him, so you can apply Mending properly. For the healing part, this is the first time you can use Opener + standard Real Rotation. Nothing special. Although be cautious with your stamina, because you may have to sprint a lot.

Try to heavy attack the boss and not the adds, because if you heavy attack the adds, you stun them and that's bad for DKs to chain them.

During the boss exchange, you have time to regain resources (heavy attack) and supply Orbs to your team mates (that's why heavy attacks). Don't waste the time to wait for the other boss, this is your time to prepare for the fight and also help with the preparation to others. You can also apply Elemental Drain to the boss, so you prepare the boss for the other half of your team.

Waves of Adds after the second boss
This is the hardest from all waves of Adds in this trial, but again, the approach is still the same. Use Be Cool v3 and v1 between every wave, use Opener on Sun-Eaters, Orbs, Healing Springs for Mending and Boundless Storm for the immortality. Try to stay in a position where you can't get cornered. Rinse and repeat.

Waves of Adds before the last boss (in the corridor)
This is also very hard part for healing, and again, the approach is still the same. Use Be Cool v3 and v1 between every wave, use Opener on Sun-Eaters, Orbs, Healing Springs for Mending and Boundless Storm for the immortality. Try to stay in a position where you can't get cornered. Rinse and repeat.

The tricky part here is the even narrower space you're in. Your tanks will probably stay somewhere near the exit, while your DPS will run all over the place. You must be able to support your tanks and keep them alive, so I suggest to stay somewhere in the middle, a bit nearer the exit.

Last boss
Like the second boss, very heavy in mechanics and very hard fight for the tanks. Also the DPS check (if you want to avoid Lunar phase, and I'm pretty sure you should) is quite demanding. Because your team will stay together and you can't really help the runners, it's quite easy to heal. Just use standard Real Rotation. I usually don't use Opener here.

Your should focus to keep alive everyone as much as possible, because of the DPS check. Usually, when someone dies, no big deal, but here it can cause a wipe, due to mechanics and the DPS check. Matriarch is a useful heal here.

For the execute phase, there is nothing special in healing, it's very similar to the other execute phases (vAA, vHRC).

Additional - List of buffs
Party Buffs from Skills
Minor Berserk, 100% uptime (Combat Prayer) - Damage Done +8%
Minor Resolve, 100% uptime (Combat Prayer) - Physical Resistance +1320
Minor Ward, 100% uptime (Combat Prayer) - Spell Resistance +1320
Minor Intelect, 100% uptime (Empowered Ward) - Magicka Recovery +10%
Spinal Surge synergy, 4 members (Bone Surge) - 100% HP Damage Shield for 10 seconds
Major Vitality, 4 members (Bone Surge) - Healing Received +30%
Minor Protection, 100% uptime (Ring of Preservation) - Damage Taken -8%
Minor Endurance, 100% uptime (Ring of Preservation) - Stamina Recovery +20%
Roll Dodge Cost Reduction, 100% uptime (Ring of Preservation) - Roll dodge cost -20%
Exploitation, 100% uptime (Dark Magic passive skill) - +657 Spell Critical
Major Berserk, 8 seconds, ult+global cooldown (Summon Charged Atronach) - Damage Done +25%
Minor Toughtness, ult cooldown (Aggressive Warhorn) - +10% Max Health
Max Magicka, Max Stamina, ult cooldown (Aggressive Warhorn) - +10% Max Magicka, +10% Max Stamina
Major Force, 9.5 seconds, ult cooldown (Aggressive Warhorn) - Critical Damage Done +15%

Party Buffs from Sets
Healing Combustion Synergy (Energy Orb) - ~7000 Health burst heal, ~4000 Magicka or Stamina
Minor Force, 100%* uptime (Twilight Remedy 5-piece set effect) - Critical Damage Done +10%
SPC effect, ~80% uptime (Spell Power Cure 5-piece set effect) - Spell Damage +252, Weapon Damage +252

Party Heals
Blood Funnel Synergy, cooldown (Sanguine Altar) - +50% Health
Burst Heal, aoe (Combat Prayer) - Burst heal ~6724 Health
Burst Heal, 2 targets (Summon Twillight Matriarch) - Burst ~9235 Health, targets with the lowest Health
HoT, aoe (Healing Springs) - HoT ~2613/s, stackable up to 3 effects (7839/s)
HoT, single (Mutagen) - HoT ~1000/s with ~7000 Burst heal under 20% Health
HoT, aoe, multieffect (Energy Orb) - HoT ~2328/s, can be summoned more at one time
HoT, aoe, 100%* uptime (Twilight Remedy 5-piece set effect) - HoT ~2588/s
HoT, aoe, ult cooldown (Absorption Shield) - HoT ~3774/s

Debuffs
Minor Lifesteal, aoe 100% uptime (Sanguine Altar) - ~762 Health/s
Minor Magickasteal, singe 100% uptime (Elemental Drain) - ~300 Magicka/s
Minor Mangle, 100% uptime (Pulsar) - Max Health -10%

Self Buffs
Major Resolve, 100% uptime (Boundless Storm) - Physical Resistance +5280
Major Ward, 100% uptime (Boundless Storm) - Spell Resistance +5280
Major Expedition, 100%* uptime (Boundless Storm) - Movement Speed +30%
Immovability, 33% uptime (Potion of Immovability) - Immunity to knockback and disability effects
Major Prophecy, 100% uptime (Potion of Immovability) - Spell Ciritical Rating +2191
Major Intellect, 100% uptime (Potion of Immovability) - Magicka Recovery +20%
Major Mending, ~30% uptime (Heavy attack) - Healing Done +25%

Buffs I can't get
Minor Mending

I will try to update this guide on my way to Tick-Tock Tormentor :D
/discuss

Updates

Update 2018-03-03
- Disclaimer -> Acknowledgement - This is the correct word :)
- Bad formating clean up and general fixes on formatting
- I deleted some obvious statements in CP section to keep is clearer. And you can always get more info at Tasear's "Dark Priestess" build https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349428/sorcerer-healers-collection-the-dungeon-edition#latest
- Added vAA healing guide section

Update 2018-03-17
- Format clean up
- Changed Bone Shield for Boundless Storm on back bar
- Added Recommended sets for vAA guide
- Added Left side for split parts in vAA
- Added vHRC healing guide section
- Added vAS (+0) healing guide section
- Added vSO healing guide section

Update 2018-04-21
- Added introduction section with basic information
- Added right split part for vHRC
- Finished vHRC section
- Added vMoL healing guide section

Update 2018-04-23
- Build details replaced with a nice picture :)
Edited by troomar on June 17, 2018 12:32PM
Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you like overlord on first bar?
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, Overload on the first bar is the most important improvement I've made on your build :) (The second one is getting 1k+ Stamina and increasing my healing output in the process).

When I had it on second bar I sometimes wasn't fast enough to switch it back. And it really didn't work with my rotations.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »
    For me, Overload on the first bar is the most important improvement I've made on your build :) (The second one is getting 1k+ Stamina and increasing my healing output in the process).

When I had it on second bar I sometimes wasn't fast enough to switch it back. And it really didn't work with my rotations.

Your claim is a bit overstated. Adjustments would be appropriate.Lets not skip over fact your build is nearly a copy of mine but under a different name. In some places this would be copyright infringement.

The stamina is nice by previously was more then enough. There was a trade off of slightest more health and healing but overall it does lead to less overall healing that be endured. This of course bigger issue lower champion points. What you created is an successful variation. But there's some things to be said.

Now that storm annotach was buffed, it's going be more optiomal for sorc dps to use it. Even before this how were working to keep war horn uptime for the group? Why isn't lighting blockade included?
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Your claim is a bit overstated. Adjustments would be appropriate.Lets not skip over fact your build is nearly a copy of mine but under a different name. In some places this would be copyright infringement.

This is fully described in the first paragraph, although "Disclaimer" is probably not the best word for it. But the point of this topic is not the build itself, it's the way how to play it, which is something you didn't provide. And if I want to show how to play it, I have to list the build itself (with the changes I made). But you still have full credits in the very first paragraph.

It doesn't matter if it's an improvement or adjustment, whatever suits you, but this change allowed me to create all the rotations and fragments (including the full rotation), which is the core of this guide. I struggled with your build until I made this change.
    The stamina is nice by previously was more then enough.

Try the full rotation with your stamina and you will see it's not enough. It's risky and it will leave you with not enough stamina to roll dodge and break free (or sprint). Again, I made the change, because I needed more stamina.

Don't forget my rotations are completely build around 100% uptime of Circle of Preservation. Maybe it's not obvious, but it's a huge different how I play your build. It doesn't necessarily mean the build is different, it's the way how I play it.
    There was a trade off of slightest more health and healing but overall it does lead to less overall healing that be endured. This of course bigger issue lower champion points.

While it's true my changes lead to lower Health overall with a bit of Magicka Recovery pressure, but the healing output wasn't lower. To test this out I tried to heal HoF last boss without the pet completely (but I still had it on my bar, so I didn't use any other skills), so I had around 16k Health and no emergency heal. No problem. Ebon + War Horn is the answer.

I don't understand what you mean about Champion points. I'm still missing few of them, but in places I really don't need (like Staff Expert). My healing won't get better with more Champion Points. And actually Champion points is the part I didn't use from your build, but used my own.
    Now that storm annotach was buffed, it's going be more optiomal for sorc dps to use it. Even before this how were working to keep war horn uptime for the group? Why isn't lighting blockade included?

This is something I will have to explain more in incoming updates of this guide. Maybe the Atronach won't be the best way to go after all. But with our group of 6+ sorcerers it worked. War horn uptime is not something we really focus, I'm not part of a progression leader-board trial group, so we don't really care if it's 100% up.

About the lightning blockade ... well, this is funny, because nobody ever asked me to provide it. Everybody is asking about Elemental Drain and what sets I have. If I had to provide it, I would use it instead of Bone Shield. I still think this skill is highly situational.

Yes.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disclaimer
    This guide uses my own modification of Tasear's Sorcerer Healer Build for 4-man dungeons.

While I make some changes to the build itself and probably approach and play it a bit differently, all credits for the build itself
    go to Tasear and his "Dark Priestess" build https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349428/sorcerer-healers-collection-the-dungeon-edition#latest
    and tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dark-priestess-pug-proof/

Wow...have you never grouped with Tasear? "She," not "he." :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Disclaimer

While I make some changes to the build itself and probably approach and play it a bit differently, all credits for the build itself
    go to Tasear and his "Dark Priestess" build https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349428/sorcerer-healers-collection-the-dungeon-edition#latest
    and tamrielfoundry.com/topic/dark-priestess-pug-proof/

O.o have we grouped together? But this is true.

P.S
    Thanks
    Edited by Tasear on February 28, 2018 5:04AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay guide is fine. I really didn't explain how to use it. But earlier felt like you were stealing my work ..and looking down on it. This is not a good feeling. This is something I been at for getting close three years.
    Edited by Tasear on February 28, 2018 5:26AM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Well, how could I know? I'm playing on EU server and I've never met anyone with this name :) And on the forum you don't have any personal information. Not that it would matter.
    Anyway, I corrected he/she and his/her wherever I found it.
    Okay guide is fine. I really didn't explain how to use it. But earlier felt like you were stealing my work ..and looking down on it. This is not a good feeling. This is something I been at for getting close three years.

I don't understand why it should look this way, this topic's been called "Jack Iprit's guide for Sorcerer Healers to Veteran Trials" since the beginning, and at the first paragraph I fully explained where the build is coming from. This topic has never been about a Sorcerer Healer Build. But I had to list the build, because I made some important changes. These changes had to be commented and explained, because I used the skills in rotations.

Anyway, what I understand is how you feel. You've been promoting Sorcerer Healers in the time when they were banned from any serious game play. It took you couple of years, but now the situation has changed, and, while still not common yet, many new Sorcerer Healers are running around. But the reason why they are running around is because the game changed and the game allowed them to do it. Even Alcast, popular meta-builder, released his Sorcerer Healer Build, however mediocre and uninspirative the build is. But guess what, new Sorcerer Healers running around are using his build, not yours. And now you see a guide using your build. Something you didn't publish, but what could make your build to be connected to someone else's work.

However, there've been many players playing non-meta builds in highly competitive groups. Sorcerer tanks, DK healers, they all were here, came and left, some of them were known, some of them not. But all of them were able to play it. They were unique, same as you were, but this time has ended. Sorcerer healers are not being kicked out from vet dungeons or vet trials anymore, and you will see more of Sorcerer Healer builds around in the future. It's important to find the "unique" mark of your build that will easily get recognized as "your build". For me it was the Overload bar and "stamina" oriented race. Something I made changes to as well.

Anyway, I put the build into a spoiler section, which I hope could make it more clear. Although I feel the changes to the build are important and people reading this guide should read it too.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a few cases but there's a picture section some of us participated in. There's been a few cases were some one simply mistakes and you can see record of it. But yes it's not good to assume make right away, especially when will my avatar is female too. There's some other obvious signs too, but yeah.

Okay... I got put on defensive for more then one reason, I hadn't actually cared if there was another build like mine. But well I am a bit touchy protecting my legacy. It's not just the build, but I actually done a lot of work though to make sorc healers and non Templar healers competitive.

I don't think my words or efforts should be disregarded. The reason I haven't completed cadwell sliver or much of rest of the game is I spent likely majority of my 4000 hours in dungeons and trials. So many of the encounters of good sorc healers were mine. Next before I published my build online there were two in existence. Sure many of the changes have happen to make healers of classes competitive, but in regards to sorc many of the issues and bug reports were mine. I can tell you exact month when all dungeon bugs with twlight were fixed and when trials ones were fixed. I am even the person who mentioned far reaching consequences of morrowind sustain issues would have on all healers if something wasn't changed. So yes developers fixed it, but I believe my efforts contributed to that. After all many people quit when pet kept dying.

So yes ... when you speak... of my untold actions elsewhere ... well yeah that's why. I have pride in my efforts. Though, I will never agree to people who ...say should be able won't compete with other classes, or suggest class in only good enough for dungeons. The truth is I started to debacle because isn't how you originally formatted you guide, but mostly it's how you respond to my question in a tone that looked down on work I done. So I had to defend all my work.

I will try to get back on track now.
    Edited by Tasear on February 28, 2018 9:49PM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the avatar female? I can't really say :D Just kidding, but I don't really stalk people so I don't really know (and care) who they are. If there were any signs, I didn't see them.

Yes, the unfortunate truth about written response is that you can't really see the one's expression (and the tone of his voice), which is a huge part of human communication. And as a non-native speaker, my choice of words are not helping either.

So, yeah, that's how it is.
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's important here ... because woman tend to get left out in history. So here these days here we are taught to defend our places in history. Yeah moving on.

* I actually tried being altmer more then once on pts. Doesn't work the same. On point, I can't get over 3 imporant things about bosmers, first fall damage reduction is useful in vSO/ imperial city prision and other places. But you know what I recently found out bosmer are immune to poison and disease secondary effects of defile and poison (>.> makes we want a nord tank even more)

I would like at what is greater storm attonach or war horn uptime. I tried this before, but really only got a vague guess. I also think master of arms increases all pets damages so there's that too. Some passive dps is nice no matter where.

How often are you using dark exchange?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's important here ... because woman tend to get left out in history. So here these days here we are taught to defend our places in history. Yeah moving on.

Very much agree!

Troomar, thanks for updating your post! :)
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    * I actually tried being altmer more then once on pts. Doesn't work the same. On point, I can't get over 3 imporant things about bosmers, first fall damage reduction is useful in vSO/ imperial city prision and other places. But you know what I recently found out bosmer are immune to poison and disease secondary effects of defile and poison (>.> makes we want a nord tank even more)

I think poison / deasease is more of a pvp issue. But it's extra defense, it counts. For falling reduction in vSO, it shouldn't be healer's issue, since the healer is not the one who should jump into the pit :)
    I would like at what is greater storm attonach or war horn uptime. I tried this before, but really only got a vague guess.
    I don't have any statistics, but once I had two Atronachs at the same time. It wasn't in a trial though, because in trial I hardly spend any time on my Decisive Lightning Staff. For Warhorn, my uptime should be 30 - 50% ... But I stopped using my Atronach, because our tank said that if he sees two Atronachs at the boss, he stops tanking (we had 7 sorcerers in our party again).
    I also think master of arms increases all pets damages so there's that too. Some passive dps is nice no matter where.
    Why not, wouldn't hurt.
    How often are you using dark exchange?
    In combat never (or almost never), I use it between fights or between waves, so I start at full Magicka all the time. Something templars don't have :)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been doing some theory crafting for myself that might be of use to you. In regards to traits used in traits it's quite diverse between healers, but here's something to keep in mind. If you use charged on back bar it will have higher proc while also be aoe for concussion. This will also go will any other shock based skills such liquid lighting or either utimates of storm annotach or overlord. There is also a greater benefit if you ever add blockade of storms. Now been a bit inspired by limme's sorc trail build and southrains sorc tank, to realize decisive is trait on resto highlights an asset sorc have above some other reduced ultimate cost by 15% which means cheaper war horns or storm annotaches. Also putting it on resto staff proc on ultimate generation from healing.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't feel comfortable without Powered on my Resto Staff. I have both Powered and Decisive golden Resto Staff, I also have Powered, Decisive, and Infused, golden Lightning Staff. I just like this combination (Powered for Resto, Decisive for Lightning), I'm not saying it's better.
    Yes.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update 2018-03-03:
    - Disclaimer -> Acknowledgement - This is the correct word :)
    - Bad formating clean up and general fixes on formatting
    - I deleted some obvious statements in CP section to keep is clearer. And you can always get more info at Tasear's "Dark Priestess" build https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349428/sorcerer-healers-collection-the-dungeon-edition#latest
    - Added vAA healing guide section
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't feel comfortable without Powered on my Resto Staff. I have both Powered and Decisive golden Resto Staff, I also have Powered, Decisive, and Infused, golden Lightning Staff. I just like this combination (Powered for Resto, Decisive for Lightning), I'm not saying it's better.

I am jelly :'( . Took 6 months to find my first lighting. I got second this week and turned it descive. :D I have an obession with restos though with powered, descisive, infused, gold and precise, defending, charged and sharpened in blue. *--* just need nirn...more like want. On a serious note, a frost staff is nice to have when you need to off tank like in vDSA. ( Defending is a good trait)

P.S
    What are you doing with your infused lighting staff?
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant Charged, not Infused. I have it ... somewhere ... because I don't use it anymore :)

vDSA .. funny, I have an achievement from vDSA, but I've never done it on normal. They said taunt this, so I did. Then it died. Well, Ice staff ... anything that eats Magicka should be avoided like plague. I will never touch it :)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant Charged, not Infused. I have it ... somewhere ... because I don't use it anymore :)

vDSA .. funny, I have an achievement from vDSA, but I've never done it on normal. They said taunt this, so I did. Then it died. Well, Ice staff ... anything that eats Magicka should be avoided like plague. I will never touch it :)

Well idea is it's better then eating stamina. Also bar swapping and you use two resources. Frost staff will actually give you a shield and save a skill slot. Well we do have 14k stamina so either probably is good.

nDSA is fun or funny at high level. It's like tourism where you take it at your leisure. Otherwise it's a nice place to level up... easier then some normal dungeons
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer shielding over blocking. My stamina is used for Bone Shield and roll dodge, which you need after the boss casts Negate. And Magicka is the only resource that keeps me and the two DDs around alive. Moreover shielding does not interrupt recovery, blocking does.
    I do the same in vHRC. My stamina is depleted in two, three hits if I block, but shielding is easy and I can put occasional heals between. It doesn't mean I don't block at all of course, I just don't block much :)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer shielding over blocking. My stamina is used for Bone Shield and roll dodge, which you need after the boss casts Negate. And Magicka is the only resource that keeps me and the two DDs around alive. Moreover shielding does not interrupt recovery, blocking does.
    I do the same in vHRC. My stamina is depleted in two, three hits if I block, but shielding is easy and I can put occasional heals between. It doesn't mean I don't block at all of course, I just don't block much :)

:D fine you have a point ...>.> > We are the horrible shield stacking sorc people talk about.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update!

- Format clean up
    - Changed Bone Shield for Boundless Storm on back bar
    - Added Recommended sets for vAA guide
    - Added Left side for split parts in vAA
    - Added vHRC healing guide section (early version, this trial is so easy I don't know what to write)
    - Added vAS (+0) healing guide section
    - Added vSO healing guide section

Please note that I stopped using Bone Shield except for specific places and I use Boundless Storm instead. While this doesn't affect my rotations, I'm fully aware I have this skill on both back bar and on third bar - this is intended for now, but it might be changed in future.
    Yes.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update!

- Added introduction section with basic information
    - Added right split part for vHRC
    - Finished vHRC section
    - Added vMoL healing guide section

I'm also preparing for the changes in Summerset, and it seems it will slightly affect our rotations :)
    Yes.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update!

- Build details replaced with a picture of my beautiful character :)) (There are stat details in it too)
    Yes.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would look at your uptime for spc in vAS. A lot of people choice not to use there.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Important update.

This guide has NOT been updated for Summerset update, since I don't play sorcerer healer anymore (I switched to DK healer). Therefore is it considered outdated and should NOT be relied on anymore. However, most of the information here will still be somewhat usable. The main changes with Summerset are:
    - Staves count as 2-piece bonus
    - Olorime healing set has been introduced to the game and caused noticeable shift in healing meta

I had my theorycrafting done for Summerset update though, you can see it here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5148670/#Comment_5148670.
    Use it at your own risk :)
    Yes.