The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Incap Vs. Soul Harvest - Mag NB

MrDenimChicken
MrDenimChicken
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm running mag stacking mag NB build (necro + shackle + domi) and I was wondering what I should be using between incap vs soul harvest.

tooltip shows soul harvest does more damage, although technically both are supposed to scale off my highest resource (magicka)...but I guess since Incap is still a "physical" ability, the CP points into spell abilities don't apply to incap, and that is why the tooltip shows soul harvest being more damage. Can anyone confirm if my assumption here is true?

Even though the soul harvest tooltip is more, I'm debating going to Incap because I notice that getting a soul harvest + merciless bow combo doesn't seem as smooth to pull off, or at least how I've been trying to do it. I've been trying to do some combination of stealth + heavy attack into soul harvest + bow, but this gives the enemy a chance to dodge the bow since there is no hard CC. So I've tried stealth + heavy attack into flame reach to knock back, then soul harvest + bow...but when you use flame reach it knocks the enemy back and then you have to do this awkward sprint for a second or two to get to the target before you can hit your soul harvest/bow combo. I've also tried to stealth + heavy attack into soul harvest + flame reach + bow, and this seems to work well, but of course they can dodge the flame reach.

So I'm debating if it would be better to just use incap instead. It seems like it would make the stealth + heavy attack into ult + bow combo just more smooth. But then if it does do less damage, that might not be enough to finish the target...

Anyone good mag nbs care to chime in? Does incap do considerably less damage than Soul Harvest in CP? Or do you have a good combo to make sure soul harvest + merciless bow ability both hit consistently? I'm not running fear right now, since it seems like fear and flame reach kind of overlap and it's hard to find room on your bars on mag NB. I would have to drop refreshing path or degeneration (thus requiring spell damage potions).
Edited by MrDenimChicken on February 26, 2018 7:33AM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that it is dodgeable there really isn't any reason to run harvest over incap, unless you are destro ult bombing.

You could argue that harvest could work for a build where you're stacking magic damage, like with maiden, but even then the damage difference is minimal but the cc from incap is superior to the extra ult you get from killing stuff.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Incap with some points in the defile cp star.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap without a doubt. The stun is 1000% more valuable than the damage you'll lose from not having it scale off your CP. You'll only lose about 2k tooltip damage anyways, which is more like 500-700 damage in PVP once you account for resistances, defensive CP, and battle spirit.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since this patch, Incap. Last patch it was Soul Harvest hands down for me. Disclaimer: my PvP is exclusively BGs.

Last patch Soul Harvest had
    a) Higher damage. Due to CPs, which are now removed form BGs
    b) Undodgeable. A bug since beta they now fixed
    c) Ult Regen. Still a thing

These 3 factors were more important than the stun, because I also used Flame Reach and Fear for CC. But now that 2 out of 3 reasons have been removed, the ult regen alone is not good enough to discard the CC.
    EU | PC | AD
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ulti regen is still useful and when I'm running magblade I will still use SH because it's very useful in PVE but in PVP I find that actaully having a flow of ultimate incoming on my main bar so I can back bar to resto' ultimate helps me much more.

That said I'll likely drop it next time I respec into magblade.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find myself comprising by running soul tether for the CC instead, and harvest for the regen.

I should really just bite the bullet and go for incap though; and switch twisting for refreshing path while I'm at it. PVE elitists will just have to suck my *** if they feel like that few percent DPS is holding us back.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap does do considerably less damage than incap, because you miss out on all the Magicka buffs (CP, crit, and pen) but incap does still have good damage and can actually be better in alot of situations because it's easier to combo because of the cc. I will generally use incap over soul harvest, but I do miss the damage on soul harvest, it is a significant damage loss depending on what damage sets you are using. The incap stun is just too much for your opponent to recover from most of the time though when followed up by a bow. Overall I would choose incap but the pure damage of soul harvest still makes it viable your combo just won't be as deadly. In no cp it's not close though incap all the way
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile imo. Choose incap.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They both defile.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

They both defile.

Woooww i wonder why i morphed it to incap forever ago. Guess just the stun at the end of the combo. Hmm.