The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(PS4)Will Glass Motif bound when patch drops?

iPlayStation
I heard a rumor that all Glass motif pages will be unsellable,but I also heard that on PC the pages are selling like crazy since you know they're gonna be only bought by writs. I have some pages and would like to know if I should sell them now,or if after patch I can sell them for higher price.
iPlayStation
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still sell Glass motif pages after the patch, @iPlayStation.

And, the merethic resin will still be sold at Mystic NPCs after the patch (for 10,000 gold).

However, the price of the full Glass motif book is a cheap 180 master writ vouchers.

That makes selling the motif pages an expensive proposition when compared to buying the whole book ... even for players needing just a page or two to complete their motif.

Individual pages will probably still sell for a time after the patch. After that, they're merely a collector's item.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities

I wouldn’t call 180 vouchers “cheap.” On my server, the cost breakdown for that is the $1,000 per voucher you could sell the master writs for plus all the mats you put into earning the 180 vouchers. I put the cost at $200,000-$350,000 for a player who does only enchanting, alchemy and clothing writs (since cloth is cheaper).

So at minimum that chapters cost $14k this way. This is above the traditional price of glass motif chapters, so I’d expect the old price to remain stable. In fact, it could go up as the fragments exit the game...people who need a few specific chapters might be willing to spend $20-$30k per chapter so that they don’t have to buy the whole book.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your point, @davey1107.

Though the price per voucher isn’t that high on PC NA anymore. It’s probably closer to 700-800 gold per voucher.

At any rate, I’m used to getting vouchers at a decent rate ... which admittedly doesn’t apply to all players.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can usually pick up the 5-7 voucher BS/CL/WW master writs for 500-700 per voucher, and the consumable master writs going for 700-1000/voucher. I know there is a "cost" involved with materials to construct the item, but I never have to actually purchase these item as I have a crafting bag full of them so I don't notice the cost.

I sold my glass motif fragments with no difficulty at 400 each, add the resin at 10k, and you're up to that 14k per chapter. Couple that with the RNG nightmare that creating your own chapters required, and you could spend well over that 180k minimum to learn the whole book.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have enough frags to put together one page to sell, so I may do that, as it may benefit someone who just needs that particular page (or is one of the few pages they still need). I can see people spending 10-15K just to get the last page they need. I'll probably sell the leftover frags individually (usually sold them in bunches of 5 or 10), as someone who has 8 or 9 frags might pick up the one or two frags they need to complete a page.

I had sold three pages just before the patch on console at 10K each, so I'm hopeful I can sell this one for around that. I suspect there will be some people caught off guard by this change, since not everyone reads the patch notes. Also, it may take a while for some of them to realize that frags are no longer dropping, so I could see some sales of these for a little while.