The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Equipment for improving spell damage

violet1629
violet1629
Soul Shriven
I'm a Breton templar that's focused on magicka DPS. I'm currently using 5 pieces of Law of Juliannos and 5 pieces of Spinners (all jewelry are enchanted to increase spell damage). I want to be able to do more spell damage and increase my spell power so I can be more useful in veteran dungeons and my spell damage is almost at 2500 (which I'm pretty sure is low). A fellow player suggested Moondancer and War Maiden equipment and until I get the Moondancer items, I should use Juliannos and War Maiden. Should I put Divines trait on all equipment (I have the Apprentice boon)? Also, about 3 pieces of my armor are enchanted to improve my HP so I don't die so easily. What would y'all suggest?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely wouldn't use War Maiden for PvE, it wouldn't effect your light/heavy attacks, blockade, vamps bane, destro ult, meteor or flame/shock enchants. Julianos is fine and Spinners is fine as well if you're not running trials. If you are running trials I'd replace Spinner with a monster set like Skoria or Ilambris (Grothdar or Zaan if you can go in melee range) and 4 pc minor slayer set (Willpower with a random staff if you don't have trial sets).

TBH though, 2500 unbuffed spell damage is more than fine. I'm pretty sure that's where my Templar sits in a PvE spec.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA