The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[XB1] - vMoL Hard Mode constant crashes on Rakkhat

LiquidPony
LiquidPony
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
My guild now has 2 straight weeks of vMoL HM progression where *maybe* 1/3^rd of our pulls *don't* have someone crash.

It's really frustrating and difficult to progress in this kind of content when you get one real pull every 20 minutes followed by 2 pulls where someone crashes as soon as the fight starts. Even more frustrating is getting to pad 5 on No Lunar pace and having multiple people crash there.

Typically, one person crashes immediately as Rakkhat is pulled.

Additionally, our main tank crashes the first time he dies pretty much every time we go in there.

And then we seem to be 50/50 on having someone crash either as Rakkhat is leaving pad 3 or as he is leaving pad 5.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom this is approaching pre-Morrowind levels of awfulness. Is it possible to schedule time to have a dev group with us to see how often we are having issues? Is there any other information I can provide?

Seems like every time we take on a new challenge, we spend more time fighting bugs than we do bosses. I know we're not the only group experiencing this, I've seen reports from others.
Edited by LiquidPony on January 30, 2018 4:10PM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, just a suggestion, perhaps there should be a feature on the Bug Reports forum wherein a dev/community manager or whomever can check an "acknowledged" box (like "answered" on question threads) to indicate that someone has actually seen the bug report?

I've filed 20+ bugs here in the past year and never once had a response from anyone at ZOS.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC, but me and some guildies have been experiencing poor performance in trials the past week or so, with a few of them crashing during fights. I have not been crashing but I've been getting bad frame rate drops. VMoL Twins I was getting 5 FPS in some areas. I was surprised I did as well as I did with that horrible game performance, but Twins was as far as my guild got so can't say we experienced crashes on Rakkhat. I have a powerful computer, and no other game I play has issues. Sometimes even in overworld I was getting frame rate drops, though not as extreme.

PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Also, just a suggestion, perhaps there should be a feature on the Bug Reports forum wherein a dev/community manager or whomever can check an "acknowledged" box (like "answered" on question threads) to indicate that someone has actually seen the bug report?

I've filed 20+ bugs here in the past year and never once had a response from anyone at ZOS.

It's extremely frustrating to not be acknowledged when making bug report threads.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    beetleklee wrote: »
    I'm on PC, but me and some guildies have been experiencing poor performance in trials the past week or so, with a few of them crashing during fights. I have not been crashing but I've been getting bad frame rate drops. VMoL Twins I was getting 5 FPS in some areas. I was surprised I did as well as I did with that horrible game performance, but Twins was as far as my guild got so can't say we experienced crashes on Rakkhat. I have a powerful computer, and no other game I play has issues. Sometimes even in overworld I was getting frame rate drops, though not as extreme.

Yeah I've heard reports of issues in all sorts of content over the past ~2 weeks on all platforms. Lag, crashes, disconnects, etc.

But for vMoL HM in particular, I have guildmates who were progressing the same content ~1 month ago who were in the same boat: lucky to get a pull where someone didn't crash right as the fight starts.

So it does seem like there's some server instability at play here that started during the past couple of weeks (maybe the servers are being prepped for Dragon Bones)? But beyond that, I think there's an issue with Rakkhat on vMoL HM in particular on XB1. Our main tank has been running with literally every option turned off (including attribute bars, skill bars, and sound) to keep from crashing ... which makes for an interesting experience.
    Edited by LiquidPony on January 30, 2018 7:53PM
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had some performance issues in VMA recently too, though not so bad that I couldn't complete it. My other guildie though said on stage 9 he'd get invisible Crem Guards. I would cry if I experienced that hahah.

But yeah whenever I get bad lag I turn down all my graphics and it never helps...

I do think it's something on the server side recently, because everything was running fine a couple weeks ago.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Last night we spent about an hour on Rakkhat HM ... got 2 real pulls in.

Tank DC'd after we wiped on the first pull (pretty much without fail, tank always crashes after the first time he dies)

A magblade crashed on the start of the next pull

Healer crashed on 5 consecutive pulls after that

So we started doing the things we used to do back when MoL was completely broken: group starts between pad 2 and 3, skeleton polymorphs, combat text and buff timers off, sound off, etc etc.

Healer managed to not crash for a couple of pulls ... but then one of our stam DPS crashed.

Then our healer crashed standing in a corner, which we figured was a sign, so we went and ran vHoF.

Right now, we're trying to decide if it's even worth continuing vMoL HM progression. We spend hours in there and only get a handful of decent pulls. Such a bunch of ***. I've been raiding in this game for 2 years and like 50% of the time MoL has been walled off because of *** bugs.
  • Bherdani
    Bherdani
    ✭✭✭
    PC-NA here, and we're having the same problem. Inevitably at least one person crashes at pad 1. But only happens in HM. Has been for a few weeks now :(
    Nightfighters - Legion of the Bloodworks
    www.elderscrubsonline.com
    NO PARKING IN THE RED
    Proud member of The Psijic Order - Team 0.016%
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bherdani wrote: »
    PC-NA here, and we're having the same problem. Inevitably at least one person crashes at pad 1. But only happens in HM. Has been for a few weeks now :(

Sorry to hear that.

At least with the issue on PC, it'll likely get fixed sometime soon.

On console, it's normal for MoL to be broken for half the year.