The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden backstory ideas?

Blacksmoke
Blacksmoke
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone!

So I have finnaly decided to nake a warden build but I am having trouble making a backstory for him with the other classes I normally dont have trouble but for some reason the warden is giving me isseus.. so what are your warden backstories? Or do you people have any ideas? Love to hear some!
Champion point: 645
Characters
Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    I just made my first Warden last night.

Trent is Breton, I envisioned him as a Lord of Daggerfall. Serving High King Emeric in the Lion Guard.
    to me it made sense Bretons reflect Great Britain. and I wanted a character of celtic background.

His physique resembles that of a bear, and So try a new fighting style, commanding nature.
    Of my characters He is going to handle Provisioning, woodworking, and Blacksmithing.
    As I have a Sorceress handling Alchemy, and Magic, and a Templar handling everything else.

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Born as offspring of player altohollism and completionism, wishing to have one character of each class, both magicka and stamina, confined to writ duty since hitting 50, with his older sister living in fear of trimester patch nerfs ever since she hit end game.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My warden is a khajiit, born in resorts March bordering Malabar tor / grahtwood. He learned early on from observing and speaking with bosmer spinners, then became a nomadic wanderer seeking out other sources of nature magic. Eventually he learned more from the wyresses of glenumbra and the tree minders of black marsh, as well as stopping by the college of winterhold in skyrim and picking up on ice magic there.

Leonin Lynx - Warden
    kENcw0T.jpg
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    character story writing is very much a "process"

so, 11 - you want your character to fit somewhere with ES lore-ish-ness
    2 - you want a character that is personally fulfilling to some extent
    3 - you want a character that can interact effectively with other people

these are all, of course, what *I* would expect that you want - I can totally be COMPLETELY wrong

As near as I can tell (haven't built a warden myself), the fundamental concept of a warden is a certain degree of connection to the natural world - from animal summons to healing that seems to be world-ecological-healthy bits - we're looking at a fairly distinctive thematic power set

so the goal (I imagine - maybe you have a different goal in mind, in which case disregard all the crap I come up with) is to create a character background that meshes with an awareness and appreciation of fundamental natures.

There are lots of ways to get here - from a personal connection to a beloved pet, to a general love of all things growing (born on a farm kinda thing) - to living excessively in modernity only to be *rescued* from some horrible something by the purity of simple nature

you've got lots of options - where exactly do you want to take this train ride?
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk