Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My mouse is sticking?

Naughty_Ryder
Naughty_Ryder
✭✭✭
For some reason my mouse cursor keeps sticking when playing ESO? Sometimes the cursor freezes and another one appears which is the current cursor.. Sometimes it completely disappears but it is still working as things are still highlighting when I hover over them, though sometimes it does the same thing when the cursor freezes.. It usually fixes itself when I exit full screen and reenter full screen mode using CMD+M.. Yes I am a MAC player! Any suggestions?

Edit:
And this happens at least every 10-20 seconds! I have to constantly enter and exit full screen mode. I also sometimes (usually at the start of logging into the game) have a white box around my mouse cursor.. Looks awful!
Edited by Naughty_Ryder on February 26, 2018 6:35PM
Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A computer mouse has a limited life to it, they do wear out. It could also be a driver problem.
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    This is a pretty new Razor Naga :o
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

• Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a pretty new Razor Naga :o

Have you done the sychronized the new mouse with your mouse pad? I have to do that for every new razor mouse.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    it's been fine for so long, it's only recently done it? It's definitely a ESO thing as it's fine everywhere else.. WoW/ Normal use etc

• Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cut out all the p0rn
    Edited by Warraxx on February 26, 2018 11:22PM
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I second making sure no driver updates for anything including graphics card. I cant count the times I have had messed up stuff happen and I drive myself batty trying to figure it out only for it to be fixed by updating drivers MasculineWelltodoHarrier-max-1mb.gif
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried cleaning it? :*

bae0a13f9bf9938c462e9d55111573eb.jpg

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ewwww.... sticky mouse? Get a cloth!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No sticky mouse on a console.... make the switch!!
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not sticking as the cursor lasers thing.. I mean it shows a white square around my cursor, like it’s a graphic thing.. and the cursor will freeze in one place and another will appear which is the new working cursor lol. Maybe it is a driver thing, though how do I upgrade drivers on Mac? Lol

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    No sticky mouse on a console.... make the switch!!

My buddy just left to go back to playing his console account, he told me he finally left the cyrodiil loadscreen and can finally play his old chars again. Seems like a good switch eh
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason my mouse cursor keeps sticking when playing ESO? Sometimes the cursor freezes and another one appears which is the current cursor.. Sometimes it completely disappears but it is still working as things are still highlighting when I hover over them, though sometimes it does the same thing when the cursor freezes.. It usually fixes itself when I exit full screen and reenter full screen mode using CMD+M.. Yes I am a MAC player! Any suggestions?

Edit:
    And this happens at least every 10-20 seconds! I have to constantly enter and exit full screen mode. I also sometimes (usually at the start of logging into the game) have a white box around my mouse cursor.. Looks awful!

have you tried lowering your screen resolution to see if this behaviour changes?
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds more like an OS issue, windows or mac.

Have you restarted the computer and still have the issue (a restart is just a shotgun troubleshooting step to alleviate those pesky hidden issues that things like Windows Update waiting seems to bring).
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there! I'm also on a Mac with a Naga mouse. This happens to me sometimes, and I've yet to find a solution other than restarting the game. Sometimes it goes away after going to a new zone too.
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not sticking as the cursor lasers thing.. I mean it shows a white square around my cursor, like it’s a graphic thing.. and the cursor will freeze in one place and another will appear which is the new working cursor lol. Maybe it is a driver thing, though how do I upgrade drivers on Mac? Lol

If you open up your Razor Synapse, you can update your drivers for the Naga there.
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what you describe, it sounds to me like you've got something running in the background that is trying to take priority, like say a message window is trying to pop up but won't display properly while the game is running. I've seen this sort of thing happen many times on Windows machines over the years. However, my experience with Macs is almost non-existent, so I can't really help you beyond this little nugget of insight.
    Edited by Glurin on February 27, 2018 3:29AM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, thanks for the advice everyone! Also tried synapse but it couldn’t find my mouse? It’s a wired Naha not the wireless chroma!

I’ll try lowering the resolution which seems like a good idea.. Or the graphic quality?

• Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same problem, my cursor disappears and while it does hover over parts of the interface I can't actually see it. Possibly something to do with lag? I also am having trouble loading the game.
    I'm just a banana from another dimension.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same problem, my cursor disappears and while it does hover over parts of the interface I can't actually see it. Possibly something to do with lag? I also am having trouble loading the game.

Lag won't take out the mouse like that. I have to agree with others, it does sound like something is trying to take priority, though that's strange if it's not finding your mouse in Synapse. I'd try to reinstall the drivers directly from their support page if that persists. Aside from that, I'm not sure.

Also for the people asking what the computer is, this is in Mac Technical Support (for those looking from the recent forum-view).

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was experiencing weird mouse delay recently so I did the following steps:
    • Changed the batteries.
    • Took apart mouse and cleaned parts.
    • Uninstalled mouse and video card drivers.
    • Played with Windows settings.
    • Tweaked ESO settings.
    • Took apart my computer re-seated all hardware and cables.
    • Researched the issue online.
    • Repeated the steps above several more times with slight variations.

The problem ended up being the USB receiver was too far away from my desk. :disappointed:
    Edited by Ley on March 15, 2018 1:22PM
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Rasoma
    Rasoma
    ✭✭✭
    This happens to me also on my Mac. Switching to and from the desktop can get rid of the "ghost" cursor.

Cursor Fix for MAC is an add-on that you can map to a key in order to restore the vanishing cursor when dealing with inventory, bank etc.

This is a bug I suspect in the Mac client combined with High Sierra I suspect from the searching I have done. It's frustrating as hell for sure but thankfully it is not (so far) preventing me from playing the game.
    @Rasoma - member since January 8th 2014
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit also has issues sometimes with the mice sticking yes.

A readily available toothpick is a must when consuming rodents or small birds.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • rwelshmub17_ESO
    rwelshmub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its an issue with High Sierra,

There is a thread on this forums here discussing it.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run full-screen windowed mode. When the cursor disappears, I push it all the way to the top (though it's invisible), click (menu bar appears), and then the cursor is back. Then move back down and the menu bar disappears and things are back to normal (visible cursor) again. Also, there is no mouse involved - this is with a laptop's trackpad.
  • xtremjohnson
    xtremjohnson
    Soul Shriven
    It's unbelievable after all this time that we have no words from zenimax about this issue. It has been going for months now. I uninstalled the game when it first appeared and tried to install it back again today hoping this would be fixed after all these months. But guess what ? Still not fixed. Bye bye eso
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I installed ESO on another laptop, and the pointer problem was horrible! I did the same hack I do on my usual machine, and it worked, but usually just for a moment. Then I'd have to do it again, and again, and again, and then finally it would keep for a while (when the pointer looked like the normal mac one - not the ESO white triangle one). I suspect something with the pointer handling in ESO isn't done quite "right", and depending on the underlying graphics of the machine, gives different behaviors. I personally haven't had any pointer problems with any other games or applications.

With this particular machine it was so bad I couldn't even get to the character select, as I couldn't get past the launch screen with no pointer because it came up in full-screen mode. I manually edited the UserSettings.txt file and made sure these lines were set as follows:

SET PreferMaximizedWindow "0"
    SET PreferExclusiveFullscreen "0"
    SET FULLSCREEN_v5 "0"

At least then it would come up in windowed mode and I could use the hack to get the cursor back so I could click the buttons to get into the game.
  • rwelshmub17_ESO
    rwelshmub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have uninstalled and installed as well. This has been going on for far too long. I've even created a bootcamp and running the game there but everytime I log out it crashes with "ESO has stopped working" other than that runs well. Started a ticket with the service desk around bootcamp and basically got told that setup is not supported. The mouse issue is irritating especially while crafting.

Hope they fix it soon.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On mac too,

The problem i get is sometimes the mouse won't respond to clicks after a heavy attack. This is a problem on my tank, HA to regain stan, and then try to block the bosses wind up, only to stand there and get smashed… get back up and the block works again…

…Yet just like here you say ONE thing about a mouse "sticking" and every time someone always cracks a joke about
    Warraxx wrote: »
    cut out all the p0rn

Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • egill
    egill
    Soul Shriven
    My wife had the same issue with High Sierra - the fix I found on a forum for a different game. Go to accessibility settings and increase the cursor size.

https://imgur.com/a/KcV9u7E

Here is where I found out about this fix: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/130246-mac-high-sierra-the-white-box/&;
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    egill wrote: »
    My wife had the same issue with High Sierra - the fix I found on a forum for a different game. Go to accessibility settings and increase the cursor size.

https://imgur.com/a/KcV9u7E

Here is where I found out about this fix: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/130246-mac-high-sierra-the-white-box/&;
    This looks like it fixed it for me! Thank You!!!