The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

No one plays battlegrounds!?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
My first time trying it out and it's completely dead on xbox.
Got a couple of games but was same few people over and over. Then after it couldn't find any games.
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha u funny ZOS
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To make it even better, when u leave u get a 20 minute deserter penalty!

Well not my fault I was sat in a game waiting 10 minutes for players to join, ffs that's ridiculous
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must be EU, Xbox NA BGs stay lit
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I've never tried battlegrounds, but I suspect it may not have been the best time to try. It was almost 10pm in the UK when you posted this and of course it will be later in mainland Europe, and it's Monday night. I wouldn't bother trying to do anything that needs a lot of people at this time, I'd wait until tomorrow and try earlier in the evening when more people are likely to be online.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I did 3 BGs, of the 4 group team, I had 1 guy in my team every BG. PvP is trash in this game.

Bad enough where you get a bunch of skills to "play how you want". But you can't really.. because so many skills are just crap. So you're pigeon-holed into using specific builds.

Then it's even worse in PvP. Only way you're killing something is by massive burst. Dot skills are useless if there's any kind of healing, which everyone has. Then it's what buffs and then does massive burst at once? And how can I better protect myself to be able to possibly live through the massive burst so that I can hit the heal and reset my HP?

Means everyone is running some kind of plate, 1h/shield set up unless they can stealth open burst, stealth out gank build. Would be completely different if this game had a shadowmantle (heal absorb/prevent) rather than just a reduction.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware of ...
    • Players with no Morrowind copy do not play BGs.
    • Players with no sustainable build do not play BGs.
    • Players with no groups drop playing BGs soon.

All points above can be easily fixed. I guess ZOS needs more time to figure out how.
    Edited by Didgerion on February 26, 2018 10:12PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never tried BG and have no plans to, just like dueling - all my characters have Auto Decline turned on.

When I want to PVP I go into Cyrodiil. Who cares about dying, it costs you nothing and I'm there for the AP.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I have to admit I've never tried battlegrounds, but I suspect it may not have been the best time to try. It was almost 10pm in the UK when you posted this and of course it will be later in mainland Europe, and it's Monday night. I wouldn't bother trying to do anything that needs a lot of people at this time, I'd wait until tomorrow and try earlier in the evening when more people are likely to be online.

I understand this but surely there's at least 50 people, there was literally about 8 people.

Maybe time to merge Eu and NA
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Never tried BG and have no plans to, just like dueling - all my characters have Auto Decline turned on.

When I want to PVP I go into Cyrodiil. Who cares about dying, it costs you nothing and I'm there for the AP.

I'm a fan of cyro, but heck I have morrowind so thought Id try the content.

You never know u may love it, worth trying new things.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    what server on Xbox do you play on? the reason I ask is because around a week ago I started doing random bg's and really haven't stopped, even switched between my different characters to do Dailies on all of them and I haven't noticed this. I actually rarely sit in a que for more than 5 mins for bg, granted it maybe a premade vs us an we get smashed but then again it may not either way times haven't been that bad. as for only seeing the same people in there I really can't say because I really haven't noticed, but I do know at least none of stood out to me as seeing more than once.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first time trying it out and it's completely dead on xbox.
    Got a couple of games but was same few people over and over. Then after it couldn't find any games.

next patch it will be open for everyone.
    also, there will be matchmaking system.
    think it will be fine, but now, bg are crap waste of time
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what server on Xbox do you play on? the reason I ask is because around a week ago I started doing random bg's and really haven't stopped, even switched between my different characters to do Dailies on all of them and I haven't noticed this. I actually rarely sit in a que for more than 5 mins for bg, granted it maybe a premade vs us an we get smashed but then again it may not either way times haven't been that bad. as for only seeing the same people in there I really can't say because I really haven't noticed, but I do know at least none of stood out to me as seeing more than once.

On EU, maybe it's busy due to event. Anyway I gave up attempting to even play BGs
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s actually really fun. I tried it for the first time last night on a brand new stam sorc that doesn’t even have all passives yet, on an off-meta DW/Bow build. I would NEVER get kills with that setup in Vivec with all the cancerous CP-reliant builds out there, but was getting lots in no-CP Battlegrounds. No-CP campaigns are wastelands on PS4, so Battlegrounds are a great way to get that no-CP PVP experience.

Edit: also, Battlegrounds are good for AP, even if your team loses.

Edited by Aurielle on April 23, 2018 10:51AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

It’s actually really fun. I tried it for the first time last night on a brand new stam sorc that doesn’t even have all passives yet, on an off-meta DW/Bow build. I would NEVER get kills with that setup in Vivec with all the cancerous CP-reliant builds out there, but was getting lots in no-CP Battlegrounds. No-CP campaigns are wastelands on PS4, so Battlegrounds are a great way to get that no-CP PVP experience.

Edit: also, Battlegrounds are good for AP, even if your team loses.

This.
    You get 7k AP guaranteed, even for a loss. If you're in it just for the AP, battlegrounds are the way to go.
    But I'd implore anyone running battlegrounds to at least try. Chances are you're grouped with two or three other players who do care enough to try even in a loss. Not caring about dying is one thing....not even attempting to try is a *** move. I've seen a few matches where a player would just stand on the platform for the entire match. Players like that usually get blocked, then can't even get into BG's because that aren't allowed to group with others running the content.
    And I have to stress...Don't quit just because you are losing. #1: Unless you're in a premade chances are you are going to lose alot, at least until Summerset when matchmaking should be alittle more fair. #2: You won't get anything for quiting except a deserter debuff. 7k AP even in a loss...don't let frustration make you quit the group, especially if getting AP is the goal.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A two month necro is still a necro...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A two month necro is still a necro...

This is the battleground forum. Even stuff on page 1 is almost a few months old...
    /shrug
    Edited by Kel on April 23, 2018 11:38AM
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA, has lots on battlegrounds. I get queues any time during the day and almost always at night, only a few times at night It can't get enough players. With BG's going to Base game for Summerset im sure the population will see no shortage.
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox EU has abysmal PVP population from what I hear from EU transfers. NA is Lit however like @Lexxypwns said.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a timing thing, EU in GMT evenings isn't bad. Matches normally pop within a few minutes. If i queue more than 5 i leave / requeue and that often instant pops. Daytimes, yeah pretty dead. Weekend days times are ok tho. It's kinda inline with Cyro timings

But yes it's the same names for sure. It's better now when it went CP it seriously dropped low. AP and XP buffs helped.

Soon will change with everyone getting access, and rewards etc.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played a lot of BGs the past few days and always got into games in like 10-30sec solo queue, only occasionally waiting longer. Been having a great time tbh. You definitely run into a lot of the same players though especially in off-hours.

That’s the same with Cryrodiil though so not much of a BG-specific issue.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 25, 2018 5:10PM