The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attribute Points. Melee vs Magic

Tobiz
Tobiz
✭✭✭
Hi, I have a concern regarding the allocation of Attribute Points as you progress.

I havent rolled out my character yet, but im asking for your opinions.

How do you allocate APs as A) Magic focused character B ) Melee focused player

Here are some wild assumptions and questions
As a Magic user, Im thinking you would focus on Magicka . Health beeing important but secondary and Stamina a distant third. Do you assign any Stamina at all?

What is the focus for Melee? Stamina or Magicka?
Beeing in the fray it seems harder to focus for either Stamina used for sprinting, heavy attack, dodge et.c and Magicka for your special attacks.

edit:formating
Edited by Tobiz on March 30, 2014 11:43AM
Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

Best Answer

• sadhi
    sadhi
    ✭✭
    it depends more or less on what you think you'll need
    as a mage you don't really need stamina so you can just balance your points between health and mana in a way you think is best
    but as a melee you still have some skills that use mana, but i dont think it is worth putting points in that early game
    Answer ✓
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a magic focused player, choose magicka.
    As a melee focused player, choose stamina.

Magicka is used for spells, such as staffs or class skills.
    Stamina is used for weapon skills, such as bow/melee.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    I've also read around that some players put all of their attribute points into health because per attribute point u get more health than if u boosted u're health w/enchants, etc. And then they boost their magic and/or stamina w/enchants, mundus stones, etc. I think part of this reasoning is too is that u can reach max cap levels of stamina and magic. But I have also read that putting attribute points toward stamina or magic will strengthen abilities that use them and that changes were made in a past patch that made putting all u're attribute points into health obsolete. Anyone have other thoughts on this?
  • Kaeldorn
    Kaeldorn
    ✭✭✭
    Taeko wrote: »
    I've also read around that some players put all of their attribute points into health because per attribute point u get more health than if u boosted u're health w/enchants, etc. And then they boost their magic and/or stamina w/enchants, mundus stones, etc. I think part of this reasoning is too is that u can reach max cap levels of stamina and magic. But I have also read that putting attribute points toward stamina or magic will strengthen abilities that use them and that changes were made in a past patch that made putting all u're attribute points into health obsolete. Anyone have other thoughts on this?
    That used to be the case after they increased health gains from leveling up (20 health vs 10 magicka/stamina) while not increasing health gains from enchantments (10 health vs 10 magicka/stamina). But this has since been fixed, as health bonuses from leveling up the attribute and enchantments have been changed to 15.