Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If there ever is another Elder Scrolls Online game it should be a continuing timeline.

• Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    @Knowledge If there is another ESO game will you continue to spam its forums as well?

Could have sworn I saw a recent post from you stating you were placing OP on ignore, yet here you are posting in another of OPs thread? Maybe you meant to say you were placing OP on your obsessed list lol?

Sadly, OP posts remain and I can still see the threads. Can't handle the triggering.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ESO is so great, why is there no ESO 2?

Cause all they have to do is continue adding chapters to ESO.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Knowledge If there is another ESO game will you continue to spam its forums as well?

Could have sworn I saw a recent post from you stating you were placing OP on ignore, yet here you are posting in another of OPs thread? Maybe you meant to say you were placing OP on your obsessed list lol?

Sadly, OP posts remain and I can still see the threads. Can't handle the triggering.

Lmao alrighty then, I'll just let you two have at then!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, my impression was that ESO was originally slated to be set after the events of Skyrim.

I think the Alliance War was supposed to be some sort of a sequel to the Civil War in Skyrim:

- Ulfric succeeded in making Skyrim indepedent from the Empire, but his forces would've been too weak to stand against the Dominion. So he would seek allies: the Dunmer and the Argonians.
    - With Skyrim independent, High Rock would've seceeded from the Empire as well. It would be difficult for Cyrodiil to govern a territory that doesn't border theirs and the many kingdoms of High Rock would take advantage of that. With 1 such king forming a Covenant with the others and with Hammerfell, since they've been abandoned by the Empire.

And presto: the 3 Alliances would've been ready. But then the game got set in the 2nd Era instead...
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    In the future, if there is another Elder Scrolls Online title it would be much nicer, to me, if it continued the timeline into the future rather than going into the past. I believe this would make for a far more interesting story that didn't work around major conflicts to enable a three-way faction war such as Argonian's and Dunmer being allies.

It was always designed to be in the past. Bethesda wouldn't want ESO to step on it's toes in future games since all the SP games advance the timeline. This was the one era in lore that had the least amount of info on it and therefore made the best spot to make ESO.
    #SavePlayer1
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...sky cities (has to be at least 1 in es lore I'm hoping)...

There is. But as I recall, it won't exist until the 4th Era.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're talking about Umbriel right?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're talking about Umbriel right?

Yeah.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, I see. I'm ignorant of es lore, which game covers the 4th era?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skyrim
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Skyrim

There's also the book series: The Infernal City/Lord of Souls. These take place in the beginning of the 4th Era, in between Oblivion and Skyrim.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight, only spent about 10mins playing skyrim, I'll have to revisit it in the future!
    -Hemingway
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight, only spent about 10mins playing skyrim, I'll have to revisit it in the future!

I'm just making sure that you understand this, but the floating island isn't in Skyrim.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just making sure that you understand this, but the floating island isn't in Skyrim.

Whelp there goes my motivation to give skyrim another try lol, appreciate the input.
    -Hemingway
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whelp there goes my motivation to give skyrim another try lol, appreciate the input.

I mean, if you didn't meet Parthunaax (sp?), then definitely give the game a chance until you do.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, if you didn't meet Parthunaax (sp?), then definitely give the game a chance until you do.

Would love too, but I'm not a fan of the 1st person perspective and Bethesda does 3rd person melee combat er, differently than the fast paced melee games I've become accustomed to. I've been trying to get into the ES series since oblivion, just can't get past the melee combat. Feels floaty.
    -Hemingway
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    History isn't pointless. Lots of history for the denizens of Tamriel have been lost to the ages, so if they discover something new about the past in the future, it's very important.
    Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. Especially, if they call it pointless.

you confuse a real life with game. I know the history of my country, know many mistakes they did in the past. But we talk about grindy game. I bet you don't know the whole history of ESO too, cuz it's same pointless for you.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    yes there would be another eso 2 or somthing like it , after a while we all get bored and go play something else eso will decide when they not making enough cash , thats when you know .
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW is great but there's no WoW 2.

well at least those games move foward in the lore time line while ESO don't? and thats kinda boring.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »

WoW is great but there's no WoW 2.

well at least those games move foward in the lore time line while ESO don't? and thats kinda boring.

It's because Bethesda had to give ZoS a go-ahead on all the lore to make sure it's ok, they wouldn't have given a go-ahead on a game set in the future as it would really hinder their ability to make future TES games. Unless the declared ESO as non canon.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is the best game of its kind in the world, dare I say this galaxy. Alien beings have visited this planet just so they might get a glimpse of its magicka!!!

One cannot simply remaster perfection!! {Familiar ESO High-pitched High Elf voice}
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, TES needs to move beyond. In space.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Yes, TES needs to move beyond. In space.

Why? The stars already came down to visit, just look at Craglorn! ;)

I'd like to learn more about Reman's Mananauts and the Alinor Sunbirds though. Maybe when we go to Summerset?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, my impression was that ESO was originally slated to be set after the events of Skyrim.

You have no idea how long I went around calling ESO, Skyrim Online. xD So yeah, I had the same thought.

We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade