The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Problem with downloading game

jonoville
jonoville
✭✭
Hi!
After much searching I failed to find a ’support’ email address for this problem so I thought I’d ask here.
I am in Australia and am trying to download ESO online as I have a new/2nd hand iMac computer.
The program seems to have a very slow download speed (average = 400.00KB/s) (speed test done on my internet connection = 4.1Mb/s)
The other problem which is more of a worry to me is It has already been downloading for 7 days so far and has only downloaded 10% yet the folder so far is 100GB in size which is strange considering it is suppose to be, I think, about 60GB
The Dropbox link below is a screenshot of the relevant information.
Could someone please help as I am still paying a monthly fee so am wasting money, and patience not being able to pay…Thanks.

https://dropbox.com/s/8z7whj1gmx4ykms/screenshot_11.jpg?dl=0
Edited by jonoville on February 22, 2018 2:58AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently had to reinstall ESO and my file size was only 66 GB.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Slow download speeds may be due to the connection or the download speed you have set for your ESO launcher. To attempt to resolve this issue, you should try changing the speed of your download by following the steps below:
    • Start the ESO launcher.
    • Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the launcher.
    • This will bring you to the Launcher Settings menu.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the window and change the Maximum Download setting to 5mbps or 10mbps.

Download speeds are also related to internet connection speed. The speeds you get can vary quite a bit depending on what time of the day you use the internet; generally, networks experience heavy loads during the evening when usage is high. For connection speeds are consistently low, we recommend you contact your Internet Service Provider.

Adding an exception to your Firewall software and flushing the DNS can also help improve download speed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jonoville
    jonoville
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I have already checked and tried all those suggestions with no luck.
    If you looked at the link I posted you would have seen the download was going wrong anyway as it already said over 100GB downloaded but 12% done.
    I completely ran out of ideas and patience and as it doesn't seem like there is any way to get in touch with tech support to help me on this site (it just leads you in circles instead) I just gave up trying and paid for it all again through Steam(which, being on a pension, I could ill afford to do).
    With Steam It took under 3 days to download the full game including Morrowind and it is up and running and works beautifully.
    At least if I have trouble now there is a decent Tech support on Steam.
    Cheers.