The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightflame set!!

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Why is this set so usless?? what the heck is 2%? im using rapid regen, extended ritual and healing springs ans it still almost never procs.

and when it actually does it doesnt really heal that much or for that long or is mobile!!

The part that says this effect cannot occur more than once every 6 sec makes me laugh, good luck making it proc twice in 6 secs with all the hots in the world.

I love how the set looks and as a healer i feel this is the most viable monster set.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please increase the proc chance so it can at least have a reliable effect, its not gonna be OP in anyway my rapid regen heals for more, just want to feel its doing something
Edited by Bigevilpeter on May 1, 2016 10:51AM
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.) Tagging ZOS doesn't actually do anything.

2.) Even with an increased proc rate the set will still be useless because healing is not like DPS. In DPS, RNG works because you are measuring your damage output over a period of time. But HPS doesn't really matter. It is a reactive role, and not being able to control your healing output will just just lead to overhealing/TPK depending on the dice rolls.

So...yeah, the set sucks, and they need to completely rework what it does.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may have pinpointed a possible unexpected buff to the Nightflame set with my poll. Take a look and see if it would be enough to help with buffing this set.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260484/monster-set-magicka-recovery-one-piece-bonus
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    I may have pinpointed a possible unexpected buff to the Nightflame set with my poll. Take a look and see if it would be enough to help with buffing this set.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260484/monster-set-magicka-recovery-one-piece-bonus

you mean a one piece magika recovery bonus?

even though they wont actually do it but im talking more about the 2 piece set bonus, it needs a massive rework or buff.

maybe i misunderstood your poll though
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps if it gave stamina it would be somewhat useful but the proc rate is too low either way.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Nightflame changes to 1pc with Magicka Recovery it would be awesome to min-max DPS so I could use Kena again instead of Valkyn or maybe Nerien'eth
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this set so usless?? what the heck is 2%? im using rapid regen, extended ritual and healing springs ans it still almost never procs.

and when it actually does it doesnt really heal that much or for that long or is mobile!!

The part that says this effect cannot occur more than once every 6 sec makes me laugh, good luck making it proc twice in 6 secs with all the hots in the world.

I love how the set looks and as a healer i feel this is the most viable monster set.

@ZOS please increase the proc chance so it can at least have a reliable effect, its not gonna be OP in anyway my rapid regen heals for more, just want to feel its doing something

Please take a look at this thread. I have a feeling that this will enlighten you:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/263015/please-stop-using-zos-to-tag-it-doesnt-work/p1
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

@ZOS please increase the proc chance so it can at least have a reliable effect, its not gonna be OP in anyway my rapid regen heals for more, just want to feel its doing something

Please take a look at this thread. I have a feeling that this will enlighten you:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/263015/please-stop-using-zos-to-tag-it-doesnt-work/p1

That's not the main issue of this topic, there are people that monitor the forums anyways, they might even ignore the ones which they are tagged in and check others in which they are not

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bogdan set only procs when you heal someone with missing health. So when I used it, it was usually the tank getting the totem, which was totally fine.

Still, a mana regen one piece would be nice or have it stun enemys when it procs or something, cause the only reason to wear it right now is to feel like a special snow flake.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »

there fixed it

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bogdan set only procs when you heal someone with missing health. So when I used it, it was usually the tank getting the totem, which was totally fine.

Still, a mana regen one piece would be nice or have it stun enemys when it procs or something, cause the only reason to wear it right now is to feel like a special snow flake.

Necroing this thread to ask whether the quoted part is still true.

Nightflame would actually be an interesting set if it procced on heals of folks at 100% health.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 25, 2018 3:04PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Nightflame would actually be an interesting set if it procced on heals of folks at 100% health.

it does not, but it has been buffed since the post you neceroed from, it has a max magic one piece now and is a 5% chance instead of a 2 or 3% it use to be.

i still use it, i love the sound it makes when it drops and have heal a couple of vet trials one hel ra and the other AA, with it, as a pug. when everyone was stacked, it was like 10% of my heals, so it was neat,
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with this set is that it is very old. I think it has been one of the first monster sets that were introduced. It doesn't scale very well and hasn't been really improved over the years. I like that set especially for Nightblade healers but it is outperformed by many other sets.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

it does not, but it has been buffed since the post you neceroed from, it has a max magic one piece now and is a 5% chance instead of a 2 or 3% it use to be.

i still use it, i love the sound it makes when it drops and have heal a couple of vet trials one hel ra and the other AA, with it, as a pug. when everyone was stacked, it was like 10% of my heals, so it was neat,

Ugh. Thanks.

The thought process I'm going through is something like this:
    • Spell Power Cure is a crucial set to take.
    • The 5-piece bonus from Spell Power Cure is really only needed on one bar.
    • Warlock is actually an appealing set to take. Healers should always have a magicka buffer against emergencies, and Warlock can provide the buffer pretty automatically. (I actually have more Lich than Warlock gear, but that's fixable.)
    • The 5-piece bonus from Warlock or Lich is definitely only needed on one bar.
    • OK, then: If we make room for a monster set, which monster sets add the most value?

But I'm dubious as to whether Bogdan, which relies on players being below 100% health, is a good match for SPC, which relies on them being topped off. :) One possibility: Much like having a magicka-flood proc set, it's only useful when things are going badly, and that's OK.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've tried this set with my NB and Sorc tank b4 , I heal 24/7 , but the proc rate is terrible , damm low .
    I decon-ed this set ASAP .

Proc rate should be rise up to 15% about .
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For Bogden to be even mildly useful, it would need:

1) A radius increase the size of Earthgore, minimal

2) A secondary effect, like a DoT or Debuff to enemies that enter the radius. Adjust the CD on it appropriately to prevent abuse.

3) Ability to proc even when healing at 100%.

Then, and only then, will Bogden be seen as anything more than a joke.
    Argonian forever
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ugh. Thanks.

The thought process I'm going through is something like this:
    • Spell Power Cure is a crucial set to take.
    • The 5-piece bonus from Spell Power Cure is really only needed on one bar.
    • Warlock is actually an appealing set to take. Healers should always have a magicka buffer against emergencies, and Warlock can provide the buffer pretty automatically. (I actually have more Lich than Warlock gear, but that's fixable.)
    • The 5-piece bonus from Warlock or Lich is definitely only needed on one bar.
    • OK, then: If we make room for a monster set, which monster sets add the most value?

But I'm dubious as to whether Bogdan, which relies on players being below 100% health, is a good match for SPC, which relies on them being topped off. :) One possibility: Much like having a magicka-flood proc set, it's only useful when things are going badly, and that's OK.

i actually use a lich lighting staff as a back bar set on my warden, front bar spc where i do most of my healing, i can up to 4.8k regen with all the modifyers, with sential as my monster set. my temp with bogdans has a master resto and vma lightning back bar , 5 spc body and willpower jewelry, does everything great.

as to the bold, there is no other set that procs off of healing that will proc on a full health target. The only set that procs while overhealing, is spc as far as i am aware of. one good thing about bogdans is that it will get their health up faster after it procs making spc up easier. I consider that to be useful. If one set is not procing, the other one is.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on February 26, 2018 4:44AM