The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bound by love quest

Cletus
Cletus
I wouldn't want to spoil this for anyone but I think I am at an impasse. I refused to do as the NPC asked, the quest still lists the same 2 options to continue the quest. Having refused the NPC neither of those are now valid. Is this an example of not being able to do as you want but are forced to follow the quest as ZOS wants you to?

Best Answers

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cletus You're going to have problems in Morrowind............there's a lot of stealing keys, papers and whatnot. Morrowind is not for the honest, law-abiding player.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Answer ✓
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    @Cletus You're going to have problems in Morrowind............there's a lot of stealing keys, papers and whatnot. Morrowind is not for the honest, law-abiding player.

I am not a good player coordination wise. I don't like lockpicking to a running timer. I had to steal a document in one quest that required me to pick the door. I bought 25 picks, blew through 23 of them on a simple lock and gave up. In Skyrim LP was a fun task but not in ESO.
    In just the short time I have played Morrowind I am regretting buying the expac. I understand now that the game wants to make me a thief and I don't want to be one. Just a waste of $60 as I see it now.

Answer ✓
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this game weighs it up as such - the law is a fluid thing. Each zone, hell, in some areas each town has its own law.

Sometimes you need to get into peoples places to take something that they themselves stole, and you are merely being hired as the mercenary to retrieve the item and return to the rightful owner. They can't ask the local guards to do it, as the person responsible has bought and corrupted the local law. Its your turn to do the Right Thing morally and get the item back, even if it means upsetting the local town guards.

As for lockpicking, I have to admit that I have found its far easier with an XBox controller as the pins vibrate when when you get to the right place. Also, get your legerdemain up, and you can force locks, thereby bypassing the picking process.

In Tamriel there is no wrong or right. There is just a lot of morally grey areas, where its down to you to judge each case on its own individual merits and decide what the right thing to do is.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Answer ✓
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cletus wrote: »
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Yeah, this game weighs it up as such - the law is a fluid thing. Each zone, hell, in some areas each town has its own law.

Sometimes you need to get into peoples places to take something that they themselves stole, and you are merely being hired as the mercenary to retrieve the item and return to the rightful owner. They can't ask the local guards to do it, as the person responsible has bought and corrupted the local law. Its your turn to do the Right Thing morally and get the item back, even if it means upsetting the local town guards.

As for lockpicking, I have to admit that I have found its far easier with an XBox controller as the pins vibrate when when you get to the right place. Also, get your legerdemain up, and you can force locks, thereby bypassing the picking process.

In Tamriel there is no wrong or right. There is just a lot of morally grey areas, where its down to you to judge each case on its own individual merits and decide what the right thing to do is.

Does the controller really make it that much easier to LP? I have been buying picks and failing continuously since this post. I am really frustrated with myself and my lack of ability here. I found a controller at Walmart online for $15 with free shipping. This is made by a company other than MS. I thought for a minimal investment and for only LP it might be worth a try.

I think it does as the controller vibrates at different rates according to where you are on the pins. Also, overall, a controller makes for faster reactions and it just feels a lot easier to control everything.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Answer ✓
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, in what zone is this quest? I can't seem to find it. If you're afraid of spoiling you can put any specific quest information in a
    hidden spoiler option
    PC/EU DC
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it refusing to assassinate that lady? If it was, you should have still had the option to take her the dessert. Not sure if that is the right quest.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Cletus
    Cletus
    The area is in the Sadrith Mora zone.
    The objective was to buy Tirwin for Llonas Givyn. I refused to give the 3 red shells to the mother for him to buy her. Tirwin had said she didn't like the guy and only wanted her freedom. So I refused either option and now the quest does not progress. I really don't feel comfortable breaking into the mothers house to steal Tirwin's paperwork. The game keeps wanting to make a thief out of me and I don't want to be one.
  • Cletus
    Cletus

At one door I had 4 pins locked down but as most times the bar ran out on me. Like most of this game it is a learning curve. I will get it eventually.

• Cletus
    Cletus

Does the controller really make it that much easier to LP? I have been buying picks and failing continuously since this post. I am really frustrated with myself and my lack of ability here. I found a controller at Walmart online for $15 with free shipping. This is made by a company other than MS. I thought for a minimal investment and for only LP it might be worth a try.
  • lbattros_ESO
    lbattros_ESO
    ✭✭
    PC lockpicking almost has me quitting. Way too hard. I hear xbox is easier, never owned one. Everything else I like, I don't advise ANYONE to buy this game if they don't want to pay the monthly, game is literally impossible to enjoy without that bag. I just added Plus and much better.... still hate those damn locks, no fun at all, everytime I come to one, I end up pissed and logging off wishing I hadn't wasted the money....I wonder if they ever get easier with experience?

So you pay the monthly and have an xbox, game is probably great.