The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sell Houses

Patrickaus
It would be nice to be able to furnish a house and then sell it to another player. It would be a whole new market and a great way for people who like to interior decorate to make some gold. Pleeeeeze! :smile:
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..and an entirely new way to convert crowns into gold. Allowing the people who have real money to quickly turn that into in game cash without having to spend the time actually playing the game. :|
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ..and an entirely new way to convert crowns into gold. Allowing the people who have real money to quickly turn that into in game cash without having to spend the time actually playing the game. :|

Yep. Buy the home with crowns then sell it in game for just a little less than the in game gold cost. Good point.
    Edited by idk on February 25, 2018 10:38PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patrickaus wrote: »
    It would be nice to be able to furnish a house and then sell it to another player. It would be a whole new market and a great way for people who like to interior decorate to make some gold. Pleeeeeze! :smile:

Then you break into the home and steal all the goods...
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you break into the home and steal all the goods...

Set up some spycams, and then sell the good stuff for more gold.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well interested players can give you decorator access to house if you want help them with furnishing, you can also sell them such furniture crafted or bought from vendor.
    Houses are tied to achievements and are part of rewarding for playing game I doubt it will be allowed to sell them.
    All crown bought stuff is bound, you can't sell furniture from crown store, but all furniture what are crafted or bought from vendor are tradeable without limitations.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy just to be able to sell them back to a NPC...
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

people who want to do that are going to do exactly that. Might as well give them the avenue while helping to support the game.

Frankly, the housing system lends itself exactly to what you're talking about.. its possible to buy many of the furnishing items that costs a couple hundred or thousand gold directly from the cash shop with crowns.

Frankly I'd like to see selling hosues, but not to other players. I just want the 4Mil GP I wasted on the clearly unfinished Ebonheart Chateau back so I could buy soimething that doesn't look like it should cost 1/4 the price :)

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All crown bought stuff is bound, you can't sell furniture from crown store, but all furniture what are crafted or bought from vendor are tradeable without limitations.

Mostly correct. There are two venues that can allow someone to convert cash to gold.

First was never really an option, but became an option over time: that's Malachite. Originally, you could buy that stuff in the crown store for cash, but the stones were bind on pickup. These were later unbound when Mimic Stones were introduced. So, if you'd somehow known, you could have picked up a ton of Malachite, then dumped it on the market when the binding was removed.

Second one is Mimic Stones. Now Mimic stones are bound, but when you break down an item created with Mimic Stones, you get the original style mat back. Okay, no big deal... unless that stone is a Stahlrim Shard or a Grindstone. In which case you've got something that cannot be obtained through other means. Though, to be fair, you can also convert gems into things like Night Pummice or Refined Bonemold. It all depends on what, exactly, will sell.

The number of Stahlrim Shards and Grindstones you can find in guild traders should tell you that some people are already doing this.

people who want to do that are going to do exactly that. Might as well give them the avenue while helping to support the game.

Yeah... no. They can already "support the game" by buying any of the baubles that hit the crown store on a regular basis. This, would not do what you want.
    Frankly, the housing system lends itself exactly to what you're talking about.. its possible to buy many of the furnishing items that costs a couple hundred or thousand gold directly from the cash shop with crowns.

Yeah, you'll notice one critical difference there. They can pay cash to bypass a system that will cause a massive gold sink, or bypass giving large amounts of money to another player. You'll notice that they don't have the means to actually get large amounts of money from other players. I realize you might have missed this, but that part is absolutely critical.
    Frankly I'd like to see selling hosues, but not to other players. I just want the 4Mil GP I wasted on the clearly unfinished Ebonheart Chateau back so I could buy soimething that doesn't look like it should cost 1/4 the price :)

Yeah, the problem is, you don't want a system where a player can get gold from spending real money. Spend real money to avoid paying, sure, that's fine. But, when you have a system where you can easily turn cash into in game currency, the economy stops being about what you do in game, and becomes about what the whales will be willing to spend.

Okay, so, right now, if someone's listing, let's say, Spriggan's Rings for sale, they're governed by the market value. Supply and Demand function, more or less, fine. There is more demand for purple ones than supply, so the price adjusts up. On PCNA it's running around 25k-30k a ring right now. All of this is predicated on the idea that the currency has a universal value.

Now, if you've got a game where you can flat out buy gold. Let's say, you spend 10 bucks and you get 1m gold. That ring now has a fixed, financial value. It's worth, a quarter. Okay, fine, that's cheap. Except, now, because your supply of gold is unlimited, and any player thinking about selling them knows that, and can adjust their prices accordingly. Potentially, they can jack the price up to a dollar. People will pay that. Even if you're "only" pulling down five figures a month, spending six or seven bucks to outfit a character is nothing. So, they'll pay up at that price.

I understand, we're not talking about a situation where you can actually buy gold... except, you kinda still are. The supply of gold isn't uncapped (technically, because it comes from quests and vendors, it is), but the ability for someone to put money in, and then receive gold on a massive scale is still in full effect. That money comes out of the economy, someone who earned it is paying it, but the same thing still happens to the secondary market for other items as a result. Because, now there's a guy who's pocketing 4m for something they spent 125 bucks on, and they can then turn around and pay whatever they want out of that for the stuff they're looking for. And, suddenly, the prices for anything you might want start to climb, because even if you're not a whale, I know that they'll pay my prices.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    tl;dr, I just think EHC needs some TLC. As I stated, it seems unfinished, as though they kind of gave up on it half-way, and just slapped the rest of it together without any real thought about what the end product would be. The other in-game 4Mgp options are so elaborate. This one is pretty much junk. All those spires and towers on the outside? They're nothing, because the inside doesn't match it at all. It's just a big convoluted hallway that meets itself on either end in a sort of disappointment-inspiring helix.. And additionally I think the "interior decorator" idea is a silly one, I'd just like to be able to sell my house back to.. whoever sold it to me in the first place.

Granted it's my fault for buying it. I had plenty of time to preview the others, alas, I am a dunmer fanboy and my only character at the time was a Vampire, so it seemed the most fitting abode. But I honestly was instantly awash with buyer's remorse after getting it. And so I would like to be able to either return it for the gold I paid or have ownership changed to the likes of.. anything else. Honestly I'd almost rather have the foresaken fortress. If only it didnt have a much lower item cap. No one is going to be dumb enough to pay that much money for 4 million gold, and if they do they deserve to get fleeced.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 26, 2018 5:42AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, all of the base game houses were just existing stamps that got re-purposed. Daggerfall Overlook is the same as every other Covenant castle. The Dominion one is the standard large Khajiit house with the barn you see all over the place.

Actually, I take that back, the Orc ones might be unique, I'm honestly not sure, but all the others are scattered throughout the game already, and were simply applied to their relevant houses again.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can already do so with mimic stones effectively. But make it gold bought houses only then. Sort of like furnishings.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

You can already do so with mimic stones effectively. But make it gold bought houses only then. Sort of like furnishings.

The thing about Mimic Stone conversions is how hilariously inefficient it is. You'll lose your shirt converting into anything other the crown store exclusive motif stones, and maybe night pumice. In all three cases, the demand is almost non-existent.

So, yes, that is a thing that exists, but it doesn't really slot into any real market.
  • Menphues
    Menphues
    ✭✭
    I just really want the ability to sell my home.
    If items are inside the home then make them automatically go to my inventory or mail, or home storage slot or whatever but I want to sell my home as I never use it considering the prices of things and I want to put my money towards something else. How this is not allowed yet is just beyond me and off putting.

I want to sell my home back to the game thing. I want my money back, not sell to another player but maybe both options like this would be helpful.
    Edited by Menphues on May 28, 2018 10:26PM