Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

No more Queueing with members of other Alliances starting tomorrow .

Rohamad_Ali
Rohamad_Ali
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Tomorrow, we plan to bring the PC/Mac North American and European megaservers offline for a short maintenance at 6am EST. This is to implement some fixes for the recent Cyrodiil queue issue experienced last weekend. Below are the patch notes to help support the fixes:
Players who are queued for Cyrodiil and have group members go offline will now have their queue paused until the offline members are removed by the group leader.
You will no longer be able to invite members of other alliances into your group while queued for Cyrodiil.
Note there are still some smaller issues remaining, but this will greatly help alleviate the recent campaign queuing woes. There will be no patch to download once maintenance is complete.

:+1:
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you expect EP/AD faction queue exploit without this?

(I’m joking guys, put away the knives!)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool

I hope a player that went offline and comes back does not stop the queue. I mean it shouldnt but we have seen similar bugs in the past
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay! Fairness prevails in the end.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fairness-and-public-health-fig-1.png
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd how ZOS added freezing the queue if someone went offline. I wonder if there was an exploit attached to queueing that way?
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 this short maintenance become long.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    I’m sure the cross-faction que junkies are trying every possible way to get around this restriction. Hmmmmm... what if I Group Que and then I invite my other faction buddies? What if I pass Crown? The original note mentioned a group with another faction member who would hit solo que. Linear solutions in UX just are not realistic. Especially when users are motivated to do that which you don’t want them to do. Kudos to ZOS for taking this on!
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS making a surprise midweek maintenance for something in PVP? They could have left it till next week, but here we are. Thank you ZoS.

And for all you tin foil abusers, group queues always paused when someone was offline.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Odd how ZOS added freezing the queue if someone went offline. I wonder if there was an exploit attached to queueing that way?
    Hasn't there always been weird speculation about how the queue works with someone offline?

I remember when we used to have group queues and it was demanded offline members be kicked as you wouldn't progress past "position 1" whilst they were offline, whilst others insisted it made no difference.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How queues used to work was that they would continue to progress to 1 whilst being "paused" but would go no further. I.e. If you queue up then have someone go offline you could indefinately hold spot 1 on the queue (at least visually) waiting for more of your group to be online before "popping " the queue.

The wording on the patch is very vague so we will see how it works now.

Note players in group that were also in cyrodiil also counted when it was assessing group q pop conditions

So if you had 6 people in your group 5 of which were in cyro the queue would not pop until there were 6 spots available on the campaign. (Speaking about group queues)

@ZOS_GinaBruno perhaps you can confirm if this is how it still works?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

From your favorite angry, ungrateful, and rowdy PVP community, please pass on our heartfelt thanks to the dev team for this.

Then please bop the guy on the head who made the new proc sets for us. :smile:
    Edited by Minalan on February 21, 2018 5:05PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    How do you expect EP/AD faction queue exploit without this?

(I’m joking guys, put away the knives!)

Obviously there was some issue this was causing or they wouldn't be locking faction down in groups . I'm just happy they addressed it finally so we can have fair numbers on each side .
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has been a thing for years as I recall yes? Just getting fixed now?

wow.

Good on ZOS tho.. finally (if it actually works).
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this fix ever come for console , we see a similar thing occur but probably not as bad as on the pc
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Will this fix ever come for console , we see a similar thing occur but probably not as bad as on the pc

It came with the last update, so yes, when Dragon Bones hits console servers it'll be adjusted, as is the case for literally everything else in every other patch ever when it comes to console vs PC.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't this fix come in a week after DBs on pc though ?
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wutt how am I supposed to get into Shor now??
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB