Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Adaptive scoring for Cyrodiil implementing Imperial city. ( my thoughts )

Starlight_Knight
Starlight_Knight
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone.

I play EU - Vivec - EP and as many other pvpers i feel that Cyrodiil is becoming neglected forcing a lot of us to focus on many of the negative features in the game and pvp mechanics.

Most long term players of pvp i see about now aren't really playing the map and mostly just racing towards swords looking for action, wherever that might be.

The current scoring is skewed and is rewarding whole factions based on the performance of organised groups. with in itself this is fine. However that often creates a massive gap between first and last places in the scoreboard causing the losing team to completely give up 2 weeks before the campaign is ended. People will then blame this on night capping or exploiting of bug queues, blah blah blah, see my first comment.

For example in Vivec EU, Faction A win 95% of the time and Faction B are always second and Faction C are always last, this is the same pattern month in month out. I'm not saying the winning faction should be punished for winning, But im simply suggesting we stop the gap becoming so far that it causes the losing faction to give up. This often results in seeing many Faction C players creating Faction A toons just to glory hop.

As well as faction locking to return ( but that's another story) I would like to see a catch up mechanic implemented that would incentivize the losing teams to get objectives and even give them a chance to win!!! I would like to see these objectives to include imperial city as at the moment its counting towards campaign population - and that makes no sense.

A few examples of how i would like to see this done could be.

- Owning all the districts in IC will grant X towards campaign score (similar to owning a keep )

- Daily quest to capture a "winning teams" keep that would reward a greater amount of AP available to everyone. ( this could help in stopping Faction B pushing Faction C when Faction A is miles in the lead)

- Random triggered events available to all factions for greater campaign score rewards, this can be something like Capture or defend a certain place for or within 2 hours. Say there are 5 days left of the campaign and score is Faction A - 30k and Faction C 15k winning this particular event could grant, say 5k points to Faction C. in capturing this keep they might lose every thing on the map but would more than make up for it with the score reward. A high risk high reward scenario

These would need to be balanced properly to make sure lag isn't going to rule the day. so by giving equal and opposite quests / events to each faction at the same time.

In summary im not alone in feeling that cryo needs a little tlc. Yes there are night cappers, but that's not their fault that they play at that time of day, and yes there are salty players that cry all day in chat and get nothing done and discourage others from trying, But that shouldn't punish or carry the rest of us.

Let me know what you think to this. What would you guys like to see changed in the way scoring is handled in Cyrodiil, And how would you make sure it remained fair and balanced, Or do you think its fine as it is?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Owning all the districts in IC will grant X towards campaign score (similar to owning a keep)"

Odly enough, owning ALL the districts being equal to a single Cyrodiil keep is the first time someone's actually suggested a scoring system that's equivalent in difficulty. The amount of alliance guards for all the district flags and in a keep are about equal, so I'd be okay with that.