Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning Mag NB needing advice on Sets

Feannag
Feannag
✭✭
Hi, I am a returning Mag NB...I am looking for some decent starting sets. I figured Julianos would be a good crafted set, but was wondering what else would compliment...some options would be Elegance, Mother of Sorrow, Spinners...but there definitely could be some other alternatives while I start to run some dungeons.

Thanks

Feannag
Feannag
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a similar thread that got some good responses. I'm not entirely convinced that the "meta" persists into Dragon Bones, but it is a good starting point. Feel free to revitalize that discussion. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/393567/best-pve-magblade-gear#latest
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Some great info in the thread...thanks. I would add War Maiden (overland) and Mechanical Acuity (crafted) to the list of sets that can be made/bought/overland.

Thanks
    Feannag
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    And any thoughts on PVP as well...looking at Alcast - Shackle Breaker looks good as a crafted set...
    Feannag
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Mechanical Acuity increases both Stam and Mag with 2K and increases critical.

Mother's Sorrow is nice!
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On my pve magblade Im running 5x Mechanical Acuity, 5x Burning Spell Weave and 2x Zaan (Skoria/Ilambris/Grothdarr also works). If both sets proc and you drop a detro ult everything melts, the burst is insane.

MA can be crafted in the Clockwork City
    BSW can be farmed in City of Ash I
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand Alcast build - why use shackle breaker when all skills are mag?
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    I don't understand Alcast build - why use shackle breaker when all skills are mag?

Because in pvp if you run out of stamina and someone stuns you, you're dead.