The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In game voice chat not working

ZettaVC
ZettaVC
✭✭
Hello,

I moved to the Gulf and found that my voice chat didn't work in game. My party chat works fine. I followed the support guide for in game voice chat, changing the forwarding ports on my router etc but still no luck in making it work. Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• eco_TR
    eco_TR
    ✭✭✭
    ZettaVC wrote: »
    Hello,

I moved to the Gulf and found that my voice chat didn't work in game. My party chat works fine. I followed the support guide for in game voice chat, changing the forwarding ports on my router etc but still no luck in making it work. Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks in advance.
    welcome to the gulf. Where r u? in KSA?
    This is a very common problem in gulf region. It is due to the settings of your ISP. You do not have much option unfortunately. For certain games, in game voice chat is not working at all, including ESO.

what you may try is:
    1- hard-wire the Ps4 to the router. Do not use wireless. I guess because of router fire wall settings, it sometimes blocks.
    2- if it does not work, and if you have fiber connection which they also provide the box with a second 5g connection dongle, try the 5g connection.
    3- if not works, contact with your ISP and ask for their technical help, which sometimes might be quite troublesome in the region. Be patient ;)
    4- change to another ISP who does not block the voice chat. There are some others, which works.
    5- if none of the above works, and if you can access to the router settings (some routers they provide here do not allow), you may try to set up VPN on your router. you will need a computer for this. not possible on Ps4. But this will drop your play quality a lot!! I really do not recommend.
    6- if none works, stick to ps4 group chat.

Unfortunately nothing else to do based on my previous experience. I suffered also a long time from the same. Now working perfectly.
    In light, there is darkness.

PS4-EU / PC-EU
    Answer ✓