The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mac Sound problems

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue for me. Missing a bunch of sound effects while using mount (imperial horse). Been an issue since 2-3 maintenance patches ago now.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is taking unacceptably long for them to resolve. The answer CANNOT be wait until the the next major update before we address such a big bug to the enjoyment of the game.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please take note.
  • raffaeleg
    raffaeleg
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that was an unacceptable long time. I wonder if was for PC, the problem was solved in a week. I wouldn't dare to call it discrimination for Mac users, but how you would be name it? Thank you because at last is solved :#
  • Talohir
    Talohir
    ✭✭
    For me it is way worse since the Shadow of the hist patch, half of the sounds sound broken and it is like the effect and ambience sounds are just randomly playing. Most of the time the wrong sound is played - e.g. running through the sewers and suddenly I hear crafting sounds.
    This is not sometimes the case but rather all the time!
    Cyrodiil's Fist | The Crucible

AD Slowand Painfuldeath
    AD Garoled
    AD Pwnalisa
    AD Beef Chief

DC Talohir
    DC Yvara Manis

EP Talóhir
  • davidb16_ESO7
    davidb16_ESO7
    Soul Shriven
    Talohir wrote: »
    For me it is way worse since the Shadow of the hist patch, half of the sounds sound broken and it is like the effect and ambience sounds are just randomly playing. Most of the time the wrong sound is played - e.g. running through the sewers and suddenly I hear crafting sounds.
    This is not sometimes the case but rather all the time!

I have this same problem. It is not no sound, it is the wrong sound. One time it was fine after restarting the game, but this hasn't helped any of the other 5 times I have encountered it today.

In case it's helpful -

OSX 10.11.6 (15G1004)
    MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
    Processor 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

• davidb16_ESO7
    davidb16_ESO7
    Soul Shriven
    So after seeing that starting from the launcher helps with graphics textures problems (instead of launching the eso app directly), I gave that a go, and this playthrough the sound seems fine. That's still only 2/7, but hopefully this will keep working
  • pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Sounds work in the opening credits / logos but no music from the login screen onwards. Also the game is missing most of the sound effects along with music. Is there a solution around for this?