Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't have the new Auridon music (PC)

MLGProPlayer
MLGProPlayer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I still have the old soundtrack when I go there.

Do I need to turn off "read only" on my user settings file for new music to apply?
Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 22, 2018 7:51PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you have your usersettings file set to read-only, make a backup before changing it to read and write access. After you've made this change, run a repair through the launcher and see if that allows you access to the new Auridon music.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_SoundMaster
    ZOS_SoundMaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the answer might be simpler than that. :)

The "new Auridon music" is just one new piece, added to the several older pieces that were already there.

So maybe if you just wait awhile for it to cycle through, you'll hear it eventually...
    Brad Derrick
    Audio Director / Composer
    Staff Post
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭

The "new Auridon music" is just one new piece, added to the several older pieces that were already there.

So maybe if you just wait awhile for it to cycle through, you'll hear it eventually...

I heard the beginning of the new piece once, but then it was interrupted by some bard and after I got away from her a different piece started. :'(
    Would be nice if it could just continue the current piece from where it stopped, or maybe you could add an API method to play the next track, or even a specific one.
    Edited by sirinsidiator on February 23, 2018 6:11PM
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • ZOS_SoundMaster
    ZOS_SoundMaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    > I heard the beginning of the new piece once, but then it was interrupted
    > by some bard and after I got away from her a different piece started. :'(

The ambient music continues to play "under the hood" during bard music. So in all likelihood, that new ambient piece reached its end and the next piece started while the bard song was playing. That's my guess anyhow. :)
    Brad Derrick
    Audio Director / Composer
    Staff Post
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ambient music continues to play "under the hood" during bard music. So in all likelihood, that new ambient piece reached its end and the next piece started while the bard song was playing. That's my guess anyhow. :)

@ZOS_SoundMaster
    Could Stonefalls or Deshaan get similar treatment in new music. (possibly from the Morrowind Soundtrack?)
    Thanks! :smiley:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭

How long is this new track then? Maybe it's a bug, because I was near the bard (at Skywatch wayshrine) for maybe a minute and it started around 15 seconds before the bard interrupted. Afterwards there was a long pause with no music and after a few minutes, a new track started.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the clarification! That makes sense. I only spent a few minutes running around the zone.
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    I hear the new music every time I go to Vulkel Guard. It is very beautiful yet so sad. I wonder what quest will make us cry in the new chapter while this music is playing. :'(
    Master Angler
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to get news about the new chapter's music. More specified: any infos about the new chapter.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That new piece of music is really, really nice.

I hope we get more music like that in the next Chapter. I am guessing we will as it will likely tie in, thematically, with the Summerset Isles music.
    Edited by JD2013 on February 24, 2018 7:13PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new music is

CVyi1S-VAAAsO9b.jpg