The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QoL request: Equipment Tiers

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Could the Improvement window for Woodworking, Blacksmithing and Clothier items be updated? It would be really nice to just tell the game, 'I want to upgrade this item to purple' and (assuming I have the materials to max out the levels before that) have it do those upgrades automatically WITHOUT having to go through two tiers of, 'you have 100% chance of upgrading this thing! It could be destroyed! Are you sure?'
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of quality of life improvements they could do to the crafting system. Locating Recipes for a starter is pretty bad when you know most of them. Categorizing glyphs by ranking would be nice as well rather than having to sift through them to find the right level you want to craft a glyph for. It would also be nice if they could have Alchemical agents that your character remembers be properly sorted as well. In all of these cases there are addons that solve the problem and every major patch these addons tend to get broken. I really wish ZoS would just build these kinds of features into the game for the sake of playability.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The percentage should be removed completely. Nobody uses it. I have an addon that puts it always to 100%.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    The percentage should be removed completely. Nobody uses it. I have an addon that puts it always to 100%.

^^^^ This.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is there seriously anyone who doesn’t put the number in required to reach 100%? Upgrading should just be changed to select what color/quality you want, and as long as you have the requisite number of tempers/tannins (based on passives) it will be instantly improved to that level.

The game has been around long enough that nobody should be short on materials. Time to get with the Third Era ZOS!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

The game has been around long enough that nobody should be short on materials. Time to get with the Third Era ZOS!

and all the new players who dont have a craft bag full of mats be damned right?
    your argument for removing % is flawed. just because you do 100% doesnt mean everyone does.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I wonder if anyone actually does take a chance and go with a less than 100% chance of improving an item? Does anyone on these forums do that? Ever?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Yeah, I wonder if anyone actually does take a chance and go with a less than 100% chance of improving an item? Does anyone on these forums do that? Ever?

Sometimes you gotta live a little ;)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    DoctorESO wrote: »

Sometimes you gotta live a little ;)

I used to play the odds back in the day by using 7 legendary tempers on easily replaceable gear. Theoretically you should come out on top over time. Then I crunched a ton of data and it was clear that the percentage was much lower than advertised...

I think that was an actual, long term bug they finally fixed, but I'm scarred (probably for the life of this game) and only use 100% chance now.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Always 100% here too. Life's too short to take a chance on having to make something twice!

Another QoL thing I'd like to see changed is the style mats in some sort of logical order! Alphabetical would make the most sense to me. I hate running back and forth thru the list trying to find the right mat for a Master Writ.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always 100% here too. Life's too short to take a chance on having to make something twice!

Another QoL thing I'd like to see changed is the style mats in some sort of logical order! Alphabetical would make the most sense to me. I hate running back and forth thru the list trying to find the right mat for a Master Writ.

Some kind of search function would be wonderful here, because I have the same problem. They aren't even in the order they came out in, because Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood are before Outlaw and Assassin's League. :(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batching cooking of food / potions id take first
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

^^^^ This.

Is there seriously anyone who doesn’t put the number in required to reach 100%? Upgrading should just be changed to select what color/quality you want, and as long as you have the requisite number of tempers/tannins (based on passives) it will be instantly improved to that level.

Lol! On a crafted staff/armour I always gamble once xD and I have a lot of gold gear I only paid 4 tempers for.

Never on dropped obviously.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

^^^^ This.

Lol! On a crafted staff/armour I always gamble once xD and I have a lot of gold gear I only paid 4 tempers for.

Never on dropped obviously.
    In fact i tested the percentages when i did the golden achievements for crafting as part of preparing the crafters for master writs. The percentages worked as intended within reasonable RNG variation.

So, if you make regularly golden gear with four tempers you will succeed as often as you fail. That means that on the average for each succeeded improvement there is a failed one, leading to spending same amount of goldens as with 100%, but you do spend twice amount of base material. So, if that is acceptable price for gambling, so be it. But using 100% saves base material.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

and all the new players who dont have a craft bag full of mats be damned right?
    your argument for removing % is flawed. just because you do 100% doesnt mean everyone does.

If you don't have a lot of mats, why would you risk wasting the ones you just used to make the gear? If the upgrade fails, now you're now out MORE mats...that you don't have. Not logical.

<snip>

Some kind of search function would be wonderful here, because I have the same problem. They aren't even in the order they came out in, because Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood are before Outlaw and Assassin's League. :(

YES! And for gamepad/console to be able to advance through the styles without having to click for each one!
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 1, 2018 9:05PM