Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Glass Style Motif Fragment

Wreuntzylla
Wreuntzylla
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Did the glass style motif fragments top being awarded through writs?

I suppose my addons could be bugged, but I haven't seen one since the last patch. I usually get quite a few across toons.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they stopped being awarded.

I suppose they were basically useless to most players by this point, but I still kind of miss them.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on February 23, 2018 3:01AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fragment drops did stop with the Dragon Bones patch, yes.

Glass motif pages are now sold at the Master Writ Vendor for vouchers.

You can still purchase the merethic resin from mystic NPCs, however ... if you still want to make random glass motif pages on your own with inventoried fragments.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 23, 2018 3:01AM
  • burnziefan88
    burnziefan88
    Soul Shriven
    Good to know - I was going to say that they're still dropping from writs for me, but since I'm on XBox and Dragon Bones hasn't come out yet for us, that explains it.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure why they bother putting out patch notes. nobody reads them apparently
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, it was a painful yet unique way to obtain pages of a motif. They could have taken the pain away simply by making the resin much cheaper. How many vouchers? (Did they make them harder to obtain for the average person or easier.)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    180 vouchers for the whole book I believe ... which is pretty obtainable.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    180 vouchers for the whole book I believe ... which is pretty obtainable.

Hmm, the 10k cost to make a page ends up being less and the overall cost probably about the same. Maybe they made the change because it forced selling/trading to efficiently complete the book?

It will certainly be easier for me.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, now what do I do with the stacks I have - destroy them?
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

Great question. I think I have 20 stacks.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sell them on a trader. They no longer drop, but you know someone out there has an odd number they want to complete. This will also make glass motif pages on traders somewhat less common over time.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    im not sure why they bother putting out patch notes. nobody reads them apparently

Unnecessarily anti-social comment. Yeah, people are going to read through all the past patch notes until they find information about some past chance. That seems a reasonable expectation. Sure, this was a chance that only happened now, but a lot of patches have come and gone since I was playing actively. Changes could be on any of them.

And plenty of people read the patch notes. No reason to expect that to be the norm.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@disintegr8 You can mail them to me, I have an alt(s) and to me 180WV is too much when there are plenty of pages out ther to be had.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just sold a glass chest motif page earlier this week. I had stopped putting together/selling pages after I completed the glass motif and was only selling the fragments. But, I decided to put together 2 full pages to sell and then I have about 5 frags left that I'm going to sell individually. There will be people out there in need of one or two frags to complete a page, and there are certainly folks out there who only have a few pages left to collect, which would be far cheaper than buying a full book at 180 vouchers. Esp. since you can only get the entire book, so if you only have a few pages left to learn, it seems like a waste to spend 180 vouchers to learn only a few pages as well as kinda nullifying all the gold/time spent collecting the pages already learned.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fragments are now way, way much expensive way to collect a glass motif. Because of RNG you can expect to buy 30..50 resins until each page has dropped. That is 300k..500k in gold.

The book is fixed price and with no RNG and with 1k per voucher is always 180k.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭

@disintegr8 You can mail them to me, I have an alt(s) and to me 180WV is too much when there are plenty of pages out ther to be had.

I'll take them
    PC NA Server
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They are going for 50g per on PCNA - I had evenly 20 and I made a motif with one and sold the other 10. I had one of the resins and I don't remember why or I'd have sold the lot.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SGT_Wolfe101st I'll try and remember when I get on tonight...
    @Lotka - you on ps4 NA?

I can't even be bothered selling them - don't need the gold :p
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    @SGT_Wolfe101st I'll try and remember when I get on tonight...
    @Lotka - you on ps4 NA?

I can't even be bothered selling them - don't need the gold :p

PC NA :(
    PC NA Server
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @disintegr8 That is awesome, thank you so much!
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is still giving away fragments, I'd love to have them! @Syene NA PC
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The glass motif pages are finally getting back to normal, after that event over a year ago. I can start selling the ones I have.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, the pages are selling! I made 80 pages as a test. I learned full sets on alts and put dups to guild stores above 10k and now they are all gone (EU/PC). Maybe people are buying last pages to get glass complete before the supply dimishes.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Hey, the pages are selling! I made 80 pages as a test. I learned full sets on alts and put dups to guild stores above 10k and now they are all gone (EU/PC). Maybe people are buying last pages to get glass complete before the supply dimishes.

Doh! I better get right on that!
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still purchase the merethic resin from mystic NPCs, however ... if you still want to make random glass motif pages on your own with inventoried fragments.

i can't find any resin at mystic NPCs, do they really still sell them? :c
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YamiKuruku wrote: »

i can't find any resin at mystic NPCs, do they really still sell them? :c
    Yes, i bought mine in Belkarth from the one in the center of the market square. You know, close to the "cry me a river" guys.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    ya ive learned like half. i rather enjoyed the frag drop damn.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, i bought mine in Belkarth from the one in the center of the market square. You know, close to the "cry me a river" guys.

hm strange, it doesnt show up for me
    it's a shame, i have fragments left because i still need some motifs - yeah, i miss some pieces :I
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭

it's a shame, i have fragments left because i still need some motifs - yeah, i miss some pieces :I

Same here. Since the patch I haven't been able to find a single mystic who still sells the resin. I also posted a bug ingame about this, since the patch notes clearly said it should still be sold.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »

Same here. Since the patch I haven't been able to find a single mystic who still sells the resin. I also posted a bug ingame about this, since the patch notes clearly said it should still be sold.
    The Mystic shows different items depending of your capabilities. Put some glass fragments into your inventory and retry.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Mystic shows different items depending of your capabilities. Put some glass fragments into your inventory and retry.

ohh i feel dumb now
    i put all fragments in my bank and didnt tested it with them... thank you so much XD
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+