Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Dreugh Reproduction

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
In Vvardenfall there's a quest wherein you track down a particular Dreugh Broodmother. A random NPC you rescue claim it's the Ruddy Man, a monster slain by Vivec. A Tribunal lady elsewhere insists that can't be, because that would be blasphemy - nobody brings up the fact that it can't be, because it seems to be female. Which makes me wonder if this gets ignored because this is normal for Dreugh? Are they like seahorses where the male carries the eggs?
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    In Vvardenfall there's a quest wherein you track down a particular Dreugh Broodmother. A random NPC you rescue claim it's the Ruddy Man, a monster slain by Vivec. A Tribunal lady elsewhere insists that can't be, because that would be blasphemy - nobody brings up the fact that it can't be, because it seems to be female. Which makes me wonder if this gets ignored because this is normal for Dreugh? Are they like seahorses where the male carries the eggs?

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dreugh
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ruddy_Man

I'm guessing it's blasphemy because to claim it's the Ruddy Man means the magic of Priests of the Tribunal, failed.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    IMO, it seems more like the 'Ruddy Man' was yet another time Vivec exaggerated in his stories. Instead of the Ruddy Man being a godlike figure that returned multiple times to fight Vivec somehow, it looks like it might be more likely that the 'Ruddy Man' is actually an intelligent species similar to the Dreugh that Vivec culled a few times.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, it seems more like the 'Ruddy Man' was yet another time Vivec exaggerated in his stories. Instead of the Ruddy Man being a godlike figure that returned multiple times to fight Vivec somehow, it looks like it might be more likely that the 'Ruddy Man' is actually an intelligent species similar to the Dreugh that Vivec culled a few times.

This is likely but doesn't address the issue, namely the lady has proof positive it's not the Ruddy Man because it seems to be female - which is solid support even for heathen blasphemers like my outlander self and my new friend the angry Ashlander. So why didn't she bring that up as a supporting argument?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭

This is likely but doesn't address the issue, namely the lady has proof positive it's not the Ruddy Man because it seems to be female - which is solid support even for heathen blasphemers like my outlander self and my new friend the angry Ashlander. So why didn't she bring that up as a supporting argument?

Mostly because it's a species of Dreugh unlike any seen before, probably. For all they know, it could reproduce asexually.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone wanted a better look at the "ruddy man" I took a screenshot during the fight.

WMndMKc.jpg
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried looking under the hood to determine gender and subsequently got slapped by half a dozen dreugh arms.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank