Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Different End Game Builds

JackSmirkingRevenge
Evening everyone,
I was curious if anyone knew of any end game build involving a 2h weapon or maybe something out of the ordinary that would still be viable for trials or vet dungeons. It seems like build diversity is seriously lacking, maybe thats because the only builds I can find are the "meta". They all seem to have very similar bars regardless of class. I have been away from the game for a while and it was like that before, maybe I am just looking in the wrong places. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys and gals
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most builds aiming at vet dungeons or trials will be "meta", that's right, since why would you want to artificially restrict your power before even entering the dungeon. ;)

Suggestion would be taking one of the meta builds and modifying it to your needs and playstyle.

Alcast has a two-hander/bow stamsorc build: https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-2h-build-pve/
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    I understand why you wouldnt I guess, this game just seems different because the exact same weapon skills are being used across nearly every build as opposed to other mmo's where class specific abilities are what you use.

I feel like that is hampering diversity. For example class A could have a meta, class B has a meta, and so on but they dont share the same poison injection, caltrops, trap, balista, dawnbreaker, endless hail, etc. I think magic builds do have a bit more diversity from what I have seen, but like I said I have just came back to the game so maybe I am just missing something or not looking in the right places.

• Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, your observation is very true. Magicka builds have more diversity, whereas stamina feels much more the same across classes. That's unfortunately the way it is with this game, provided you want to get the "best possible" DPS.

If you don't care about that, you can certainly come up with creative class-based skill allocations! :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    @Loc2262
    Thanks for the input, looks like you have confirmed my thoughts on build diversity regarding stamina at least. Looking at a sorc, seems like they have a lot of interesting skill lines, maybe I will try one out. I know the "meta" is the pet build but hopefully I can find something I enjoy that wont get me banned from vet dungeons lol

Thanks again
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    In dungeons AOE or area of effect skills are king. Hence why u dont see too many 2h weapons in dungeons. For mag sorc craft some julianos divines.get some will power jewelry and put spell damage enchants on them. Focus on aoe abilities ( look for radius in the tool tip. It should say 5m or something like that) and use a few of those abilities. Slot a few single target skills like force pulse and crystal shards. Look at alcast or deltia..gilliam the rogue all have excellent build advice and ideas. Use meta first and make changes to suite your playstyle. Meta builds will get u in the door and put some completions under your belt while you are learning your character and skill sets to be more effective.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @xiZeroPointix . I'm solid with my healer but am working up my first tank. Since it is my first foray into tanking, it just seems prudent to consult Woeler's recommendations on build and stay reasonably close to his fairly meta recommendations. As I'm learning the role, I'm seeing the solid reasoning/payoff now as to why my tank is an Imperial DK and having good success. If/when I feel more comfortable in the tanking role I might consider more tweaking to suit my particular objectives and playstyle.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    Yes, your observation is very true. Magicka builds have more diversity, whereas stamina feels much more the same across classes. That's unfortunately the way it is with this game, provided you want to get the "best possible" DPS.

If you don't care about that, you can certainly come up with creative class-based skill allocations! :)
    The reason is that most class skills are magic, an stamina user will mostly use weapons skills and common skills like caltrops and rearming trap.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.