Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning Player HELP!

strawbree94
Good Morning All! I have just returned to ESO last night after a long break. When I was here it was all about Cyrodill Imp City but I have missed so much since then I don't even know where to begin haha my main is Level 50 Stam Templar and I was wondering on the communities opinion as to where to start first as I am baffled to where I should begin without ESO plus for now!! Any advise or tips would be appreciated.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mate that's a blank canvas, too much I can say too little time!!

First off some context would be ace, what do you enjoy doing as that's key. Stam Temlar seem popular in PvP at present so that's a start!!

No ESO+ but do you have any DLC? Orsinium perhaps?

OneTamriel has meant all zones are scaled now so useable, if you haven't done so I suggest this to new PvE players
    Do Main quest (prophet)
    Do alliance quest line
    Fighters Guild (as stamina)
    If after XP clear zones of dolmens, skyshards, delves, public dungeon group events. These give great XP first complete, no need to grind as its dull!!

The above means you see new zones, get XP, get skill points aplenty.

If interested in crafting you will probably need the crafting bag. But either way research all the triats you can, and decon everything. This advances the craft lines so you ready.

What platform / region are you? If ur Xbox EU I can help craft etc

What CP are you?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ really depends what you're planning on doing and if you feel you need the bonuses it offers. It might be worth playing for a couple of weeks to see if you're happy with the game before subscribing.

Depending on your interest in PvE or PvP various guilds for character builds are available, AlcastHQ and Deltia's Gaming are popular choices for people looking for character builds.

MissBizz does good coverage of new game features as well as beginner guides if you wanted to refresh yourself on the game.

Otherwise let us know what kind of gameplay you're interested in more and we can help give you tips on how to get back into it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    sub makes life easier for mats , more xp + content , would say join a social guild and a few trade ones , maybe start a new toon just to get used to things , but keep the others .

if you need more help just ask i am allways wanting to team up for dungeons quests delves .
  • strawbree94
    Thank you all for your replies you have been a great help!
    @Beardimus I'll figure out where to get this crafting bag as I have leveled most things to what was max at the time not profession wise but fighters guild and weapons etc Unfortunately I'm on ps4 eu but would have been great I am going to be in dire need of a crafters assistance in getting my new weapons and armour
    I've cleared most zones and hunted everything possible but have come across this prophet storyline and will start there for now! Also discovered a plethora of quests at ebonhold for some reason so will get going with that for now need to ease myself back in!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok fella sounds like you had done loads first time round! Prophet quests used to be staggered, every so many levels but now you can do pretty much back to back, and you can fast travel to the harborage you don't have to ride there.

Main quest line is prophet and the battle against molag bal. The Alliance quest line is the Pact story, and gives 2-3 skillpponts per zone.

I got confused between them all when I started one minute um battling Molag Ball the next repelling the Daggerfall Conveant and then suddenly I'm saving guars or picking flowers for someone lol. Those things are all side quests and not really needed unless ur a completer finisher.

Guilds may really help you. Look in the PS4 guild section of this forum and I'm sure someone will be recruting. The right ones really help with gear / pointers in the right direction

Good luck!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • strawbree94
    Oooooh more of Molag! Haha indeed so far been assisting people in ebonheart to team up against daggerfall just trying to figure where to get myself a pair of daggers that doesn't feel like downgrading my Hundings 2 hander haha need to get a whole new set of gear and revamp my skills and your right I guess I should take a look and see if any guilds are recruiting try get some assistance!