The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any Race on Any Alliance

LordDanksire
LordDanksire
Soul Shriven
I must've missed the Memo about having to choose your alliance during creation. I thought it was 3 races to each alliance and Imperials get to choose anything, right? I ended up rolling an Orc DK on Ebonheart by mistake, I guess Ill just have to make up some back story about being a Mercenary for the Pact. Too bad I can undo the Daggerfall Lion tattoo off my chest...
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you preordered (which you did, obviously) Everyone gets to choose their own alliance with any race.

You also get some other bonuses with your preorder.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    If it's a choice that matters to you, just delete the character and start over. In the greater scheme of the game, the hour you've lost is trivial.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    If you preordered (which you did, obviously) Everyone gets to choose their own alliance with any race.

You also get some other bonuses with your preorder.

Yep ^
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Kenthros
    Kenthros
    ✭✭
    I preordered my Imperial Ed retail from amazon and can not choose any faction, so i guess the 5 days early access is a waste for me. Just wait til the 12th to play.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
  • Katrianah
    Katrianah
    Kenthros wrote: »
    I preordered my Imperial Ed retail from amazon and can not choose any faction, so i guess the 5 days early access is a waste for me. Just wait til the 12th to play.

That's really odd because if you pre-ordered and have access, it proved you pre-ordered, does that make sense?

I'd get in touch with CS in that case.
    ~ Time and again I switch and I change, but I always come back to you.
  • Kenthros
    Kenthros
    ✭✭
    I am unable to play as a imperial as well, but i didn't think i could anyways until i got my package, anyways I put a ticket in to see if anything can be done. I am going to bet that I will get some answer that i will need to wait until my package arrives to be able to use this feature. So the 5 days will be useless to me. But i wanted the retail version i guess that is what i get.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.